PDA

View Full Version : Smufom wonderful technology

efiesta
08-31-2011, 01:14 AM
SMUFOM is a wireless campus. What this means to you is that having a wireless capabilities on your personal notebook is required.
- As a SMUFOM student you are required to take all of your exams on the computer based system attached to our internal network. Therefore, you must have your own personal laptop inorder to take the exams.
- SMUFOM does not have a specific computer requirements. Both PC's (windows) and MAC (apple laptops) are used by the students and faculty.
- Windows PC minimum requirements:

- Windows 7 (vista version of the PC's tend to have issues connecting to the exam server)
- MS Office Student version
- Apple (Machintosh) minimum requirements:

- OSX 10.6 or later
- MS Office Student version (Keynote and Pages are accepted as well. however, in some instances Keynote does not import the instructior's Powerpoint layout currectly).
- Apple or other Tablets:
[INDENT]- Although some students do take advantage of these units such as the iPad, these units are not sufficient enough to replace your notebook in medical school.
- We do welcome using these units in conjuction with your personal notebook. Our SMU-Portal and Online-Exam system both support iPad (1 & 2)

aspiringMD2015
08-31-2011, 01:29 AM
- SMUFOM is a wireless campus. What this means to you is that having a wireless capabilities on your personal notebook is required.
- As a SMUFOM student you are required to take all of your exams on the computer based system attached to our internal network. Therefore, you must have your own personal laptop inorder to take the exams.
- SMUFOM does not have a specific computer requirements. Both PC's (windows) and MAC (apple laptops) are used by the students and faculty.
- Windows PC minimum requirements:

- Windows 7 (vista version of the PC's tend to have issues connecting to the exam server)
- MS Office Student version
- Apple (Machintosh) minimum requirements:

- OSX 10.6 or later
- MS Office Student version (Keynote and Pages are accepted as well. however, in some instances Keynote does not import the instructior's Powerpoint layout currectly).
- Apple or other Tablets:

- Although some students do take advantage of these units such as the iPad, these units are not sufficient enough to replace your notebook in medical school.
- We do welcome using these units in conjuction with your personal notebook. Our SMU-Portal and Online-Exam system both support iPad (1 & 2)

Does it mean the tests are similar to the USMLE computer based exams??!

efiesta
08-31-2011, 01:52 AM
yes kind off

theMDgoat
08-31-2011, 06:30 AM
All block and final exams I did so far were "LXR" computer based exams.
2 weeks ago i even used my iPad to take my block 2.

f-anaida
09-01-2011, 10:43 PM
sounds interesting

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.