PDA

View Full Version : intersting part of smu

efiesta
08-30-2011, 05:19 AM
White Coat Ceremony with Minister El Hakim of Economic Affairs and student Jose Mukekwa ..isnt interesting:D

theMDgoat
08-30-2011, 05:45 AM
And 23 other fellow students.....
It was indeed an evening of celebration!, efiesta
True , Jose got his pic in one paper but if you missed the group and other White Coat pictures from the other newspapers, I'll gladly email them who ever asks

efiesta
08-30-2011, 06:07 AM
oh so nice of you thanks

bosek
08-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Can someone post the link please?

theMDgoat
08-30-2011, 06:18 PM
As promised here is the picture you asked:18765

aspiringMD2015
08-31-2011, 01:40 AM
Very nice.

What else do you offer to the students, what are the student body organisations like and what kind of activities occur? I have heard that medical school education will be intense, are there any specific activities where I can refresh myself from the weekly study routine?

Where do I find a checklist of things that I need to carry before I leave the Garden State?

Will I be offered assistance for housing?

I was also planning on getting my car shipped, but would prefer Car rental for the first few months of my stay there- What are the options?

Should I carry electrical converter for my laptop and stuff ?

Also, I am planning to arrive 3 days before the classes.... will there be anybody to pick me up from the airport or should I take a cab myself?

mmmm... I have a whole lot of questions.... phones- should i get unlocked phones?? I have an iphone4... can i get the SIM card cut on the island?

efiesta
08-31-2011, 01:56 AM
well honey your list of questions is really long please call to st.martinus unversity admistration they are really happy to help you

theMDgoat
08-31-2011, 06:21 AM
TO aspiringMD2015:

I ain't offering you anything "AspiringMD2015", but i can tell you the following out of personal experience, so let me insert some answers in you post in BOLD

"What else do you offer to the students, what are the student body organizations ( SGA)like and what kind of activities occur?( All kind of activities, from sport events to community services and of course parties) I have heard that medical school education will be intense, are there any specific activities where I can refresh myself from the weekly study routine? (ANY activity you can think of in a modern Caribbean island)

Where do I find a checklist of things that I need to carry before I leave the Garden State? (pm me or contact the our SGA)

Will I be offered assistance for housing? (they got me an apt. in Otrobanda at 4 min walking from school)

I was also planning on getting my car shipped, but would prefer Car rental for the first few months of my stay there- What are the options? (several, depending the wheels you seek, I got one rented for 420$ /month, before you ship check for the import duties and taxes, I heard they were high)
Should I carry electrical converter for my laptop and stuff ? no you laptop already comes with one,

Also, I am planning to arrive 3 days before the classes.... will there be anybody to pick me up from the airport or should I take a cab myself? I got picked up by an admin who stood there at the exit with a big sign

mmmm... I have a whole lot of questions.... phones- should i get unlocked phones?? yes unlocked and jailbreak-ed I have an iphone4... can i get the SIM card cut on the island? got one too, and yes at "the phone house" they cut me a mini SIM for my i

Hope this helps, let me know

efiesta
08-31-2011, 06:28 AM
wow you solved it:)

theMDgoat
08-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Another good picture, this time from an MD3 student, Ms S.B. in the leading local newspaper , Amigoe, published last WE. Way to go girl!

f-anaida
09-01-2011, 12:02 AM
I think this school is open with so many opportunities for students 'Lovely' heads off to ST.MARTINUS.

heapro
09-02-2011, 12:13 AM
yes you are right.

theMDgoat
09-03-2011, 01:52 PM
for those students who are interested, I have compiled like 50 pictures from the white coat ceremony.
pm me or see me in class if you want to copy the ones you like.

efiesta
09-04-2011, 03:30 AM
Thank you for the information.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.