PDA

View Full Version : School where a student was murdered by another student a few weeks ago ...

mdnobil
08-27-2011, 10:32 AM
waffles taste nice

heartbeat
08-27-2011, 01:21 PM
I am assuming that the point of your post is to extend your sincere thoughts and prayers in sympathy for those whose lives were destroyed forever? It was unexpected and is something that could happen anywhere at anytime. It had nothing to do with the school, students or teachers. All of these people: the students, faculty, friends and school are devastated beyond what any words can begin to describe. A student, for reasons no one will probably ever know, cracked. The best thing any of us can do is to be there to offer our full support for all of the families and pray that somehow they will find peace and heal - but certainly not use such a horrible tragedy as a tool for public contention. VMD should be a professional site and should be used only for postings that edify and educate those looking for information that will assist them in making decisions about their medical future. As physicians of today and tomorrow, I pray we all exemplify the ethics, morals and standards that our oath requires. Thank-you to all those out there that continue to extend your thoughts and prayers to our families.

carib_student
08-29-2011, 07:01 PM
So it did happen at the school? Anytime someone is killed, it is unfortunate. The newspaper says that a teacher was attacked too. I am wondering about the legal implications of this. The student's family filing a law suite? What happens then?

med209
08-29-2011, 08:03 PM
It didn't happen at the school but at the apartment of the teacher. The teacher was attacked and the other student went there to help her. As far as I know, the guy got a life sentence.

heartbeat
08-29-2011, 08:13 PM
med209 is correct. It was not at the school. We would not know what the family is doing in regards to the attacker. Hopefully he will forever be put away and the families of everyone can heal in peace.

heartbeatz
09-03-2011, 01:45 AM
med209 is correct. It was not at the school. We would not know what the family is doing in regards to the attacker. Hopefully he will forever be put away and the families of everyone can heal in peace.

The yellow building that is seen in the pictures IS THE school dorm - what are you taking about?

I lived there - it felt haunted then; now it is really going to be haunted. Her screams are not going to go away any time soon. I wake up at night hearing her screams. These people are liable for keeping kids and teachers in that horrible place.

The attacker is still in Curacao, he has not been indited yet. It takes time for legal process to take place. You don't commit a crime and go to jail for life within 2 months.

cmuzilla
09-03-2011, 02:21 AM
Why dont you blame CIA or Al Queda for the tragedy Grandma?

heartbeat
09-03-2011, 08:20 AM
Heartbeatz, the dorm is not the school, it is a place where students live and study, as all universities have. Sadly there are tragedies that happen in university dorms around the world every year. This school, no school is not responsible because they offer a dorm available for their students to live in. That is like saying the tragedy in Norway is the fault of the group who owned the island where the kids were going to camp at. No one can predict what someone is planning or thinking in their minds or why someone snaps. If we could thousands of tragedies could be prevented and lives saved. Unfortunately so many times there is just no rhyme or reason as to why, so questions are never answered to help gain closure. The school, the city, everyone everywhere is saddened by such a terrible thing. If you were there no one can possibly begin to imagine what you went through or continue to go through. Tragedies are a horrible thing that affect more lives than anyone ever thinks about. I know the prayers that are being offered are also for those that were there as well. Yes, sadly again, most legal processes like this can take years. But he is put away and will get his punishment in due time. Just know that you are thought of daily in everyone's thoughts and prayers.

med209
09-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Right, HB but not all caribbean med schools provide dorms and now this guy just created an account in here and blames the school for an incident that has happened in the dorms. How can a school be responsible for an act of its student? Let us know which school u attend cause I have a feeling that its the one nearby that doesn't have dorms and always wanted to put their students into the dorms.

heartbeat
09-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Funny thing today heartbeatz. I spent time with the students from CMU as well as the teacher and none of them seem to be the type that would make the type of post that I have read today. Especially the ones on our different threads that lead people to believe you are one of those students not coming back or that you were living in the dorms. So I contacted school officials this afternoon, I like to stick with facts not rumors, and understand that all of the students from last semester are returning. In fact one of them stated that they are all returning "because that is what their friend would have wanted". So with both you, heartbeatz and cmuzilla suddenly appearing new on our forum in the last day, I would have to agree with med209. Both of you need to take your time and spend on your own forum at SMU in order to support it. Judging from the comments posted from several real students today, it is clear that they feel the same. Stop using a tragedy to bash another school. If you felt secure in your own school you would not feel the need to attack anyone else. People only attack when they are scared. Also, if you felt secure enough in your own school, you would actually do as other solid schools do, encourage students to compare verses bashing. Bashing is something that ethical people can easily pick out and don't pay attention to anyway. It also makes people wonder about the caliber of person the poster is and more critically the caliber of the school they represent. And we are talking about a School of Medicine here. By this point, any ethical moderator of a school that sees the bashing that one of their students is posting on another schools site would have requested the student to cease and stay on their own site. In case you haven't noted, we have not gone to your site, we have not bashed your school and that is because our only interest is in OUR school, making sure its the best it can be and making sure it provides the needs which allow our students to be successful in their goals of becoming a physician. Something we feel is far more important. Examples all speak for themselves. I believe you will see a tremendous example from CMU and its students. We do have students that contact us daily to ask us about our program. If they contact us we are happy to answer their questions. One of our first order of professional business is to not stoop to the bashing of any school or any persons as you both have done and seem to delight in. So I again ask the both of you again, focus on your own forum, build it up, get off our our forum and stop using the tragedy that occurred as a tool for contention. Start now to begin working on building the character of the physician you would like to be because if someone has told you that the way you are going about it now is the way to accomplish it, they are very wrong.

rokshana
09-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Funny thing today heartbeatz. I spent time with the students from CMU as well as the teacher and none of them seem to be the type that would make the type of post that I have read today. Especially the ones on our different threads that lead people to believe you are one of those students not coming back or that you were living in the dorms. So I contacted school officials this afternoon, I like to stick with facts not rumors, and understand that all of the students from last semester are returning. In fact one of them stated that they are all returning "because that is what their friend would have wanted". So with both you, heartbeatz and cmuzilla suddenly appearing new on our forum in the last day, I would have to agree with med209. Both of you need to take your time and spend on your own forum at SMU in order to support it. Judging from the comments posted from several real students today, it is clear that they feel the same. Stop using a tragedy to bash another school. If you felt secure in your own school you would not feel the need to attack anyone else. People only attack when they are scared. Also, if you felt secure enough in your own school, you would actually do as other solid schools do, encourage students to compare verses bashing. Bashing is something that ethical people can easily pick out and don't pay attention to anyway. It also makes people wonder about the caliber of person the poster is and more critically the caliber of the school they represent. And we are talking about a School of Medicine here. By this point, any ethical moderator of a school that sees the bashing that one of their students is posting on another schools site would have requested the student to cease and stay on their own site. In case you haven't noted, we have not gone to your site, we have not bashed your school and that is because our only interest is in OUR school, making sure its the best it can be and making sure it provides the needs which allow our students to be successful in their goals of becoming a physician. Something we feel is far more important. Examples all speak for themselves. I believe you will see a tremendous example from CMU and its students. We do have students that contact us daily to ask us about our program. If they contact us we are happy to answer their questions. One of our first order of professional business is to not stoop to the bashing of any school or any persons as you both have done and seem to delight in. So I again ask the both of you again, focus on your own forum, build it up, get off our our forum and stop using the tragedy that occurred as a tool for contention. Start now to begin working on building the character of the physician you would like to be because if someone has told you that the way you are going about it now is the way to accomplish it, they are very wrong.

one can you please learn how to use paragraphs on this site...it makes for difficult reading when you write en bloc...

two...trust me the mods are watching this forum...

three...these fora do not "belong" to any one school...people are allowed to post whatever (within TOS of course) and wherever they want to...if YOU do not want to read them, there is an "ignore" button you can push and you will not see their posts

four its posters from other places that help to keep the fora on the up and up...remember these threads are primarily for prospectives to be able to come and learn more about different schools, info not necessarily on the school's website...by all means show the good things about your school, but this is a place for the bad to be posted as well as the good...and if you really don't think there is bad at your school, then you are either an owner, a cheerleader, or naive...ALL schools have their good and bad...go to the sgu forum...sgu is not paved in gold, and the students have their share of issues...its important that prospectives see that.

and again...paragraphs, dude...paragraphs...

cmuzilla
09-03-2011, 05:57 PM
I am from an ordinary family. I could not get to any US Med schools. My parents wanted me to be MD. I feel guilty that if I were smart enough, I would have been able to get to a US med school and would have had loans.

I am sick and tired of these scammers. My goal in life is to make sure that fellow aspiring MD's are not scammed.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.