PDA

View Full Version : As a New Chiropractor, what was your biggest struggle when opening your practice?

katrina65
08-18-2011, 03:12 PM
I've managed Chiropractic offices for the last 15 years and have worked with many new Chiropractors. I would like to write some sort of manual to help newbies coming out of school. I need your help to compile a list of your Top 5 struggles when it came to setting up your office.

I'd appreciate your help. Thank you.

Katrina Rooker

joyce99
04-19-2012, 09:51 PM
First struggle I think is letting the people know of the service. Its not a well known service and one should really exert an effort marketing it in its neighboring communities.

NUHS-AUC
04-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Why Struggle ?

Take the MCAT
Apply to DO or MD programs
Enjoy mainstream medicine

The END...

I've managed Chiropractic offices for the last 15 years and have worked with many new Chiropractors. I would like to write some sort of manual to help newbies coming out of school. I need your help to compile a list of your Top 5 struggles when it came to setting up your office.

I'd appreciate your help. Thank you.

Katrina Rooker

Joana10
07-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Hey, I had a friend trying to start her Chiropractic practices...The biggest problem she faced was convincing people regarding the effectiveness of chiropractic medicines.

Dr. Prince
09-06-2012, 04:57 PM
I get accepted to start Chiropractic school but after reading all the negative post about the profession, I am scare go. The state of Florida pass a new PIP law which make it really hard for DC. I am a Florida resident and I would like to practice there. I need to make a decision in a couple of weeks. Any current or former DC out there I need your advice. Let me know what you think.

docmobile
11-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Practice building is a constant effort. Unlike others in more mainstream healthcare, DC's don't commonly get referrals from other Dr's. The job market is very tight-10 applicants for every position and not much for pay increase. If you can do it without borrowing money, you will be better off than most of your colleauges and can easily walk away if you choose. I know of one DC who bacame a nurse first, worked weekend shifts during school and graduated without much debt. The Dept. of Labor says there are @ 52,000 jobs. The FCLB says there are @ 96,000 licensed DC's. What does this tell you? Compare this to other health professions and see what you find. Also compare the cost of education vs. the average salary and time spent in training. You will be more informed than most of your classmates.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.