PDA

View Full Version : What is Orthodontia?

ziomek1975
08-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Orthodontia is the branch of dentistry that deals with abnormalities of the teeth and face.
Orthodontia, also known as orthodontics, is a specialty within the field of dentistry that focuses on straightening misaligned teeth and malocclusion. Treating malocclusion, or problems with the bite, is usually accomplished through the use of braces. Another focus of orthodontia is to make a person's smile more attractive by fixing crooked teeth This involves correcting large gaps and making sure that the teeth are properly aligned with the lips. Orthodontia sometimes involves surgery to improve the shape of the jaw.
The focus of orthodontia is on straightening teeth for both functional and cosmetic purposes. After children lose their baby teeth, their adult teeth grow in, but often they grow in at angles that cause problems with biting and chewing. Crooked teeth can also result in problems with spacing between the teeth, making dental hygiene more difficult. Another condition that orthodontics seeks to fix is when the upper jaw and the lower jaw differ in size, resulting in overbite or underbite. Orthodontic treatment is most effective when started early in life, though many adults also seek orthodontic care.
Orthodontic care involves the use of devices, such as braces, to

Straighten teeth
Correct problems with bite
Close gaps between teeth
Align lips and teeth properly
Most people who receive orthodontic care are kids, but adults get braces, too. In young children, orthodontic treatment may guide proper jaw growth. This can help permanent teeth to come in properly. Straight permanent teeth can help prevent tooth problems later on.
So grateful that I found this site and I've landed on the right page as I can help you in dealing with orthodontia.
This is Dr. Marry Ziomek of Rockville Cosmetic Dentistry and I'm a new member here. This Forum site looks great. I'm looking forward to establish a good relationship with you and have a sharing of knowledge especially about on how to take good care of your smile.

Your queries will be answered and your responses are highly appreciated.

Brody
09-15-2011, 02:11 AM
HmM.. nice information about Orthodontia,
i think this is good for Correct problems with bite....

tyler22
09-28-2011, 02:24 AM
I am also hurt about this branch. This branch having very good new technology. That's really useful. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.

ziomek1975
10-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks for your appreciation on my posts. If you have questions or queries regarding dental care, you can ask me. of call me at: (301) 984-9646.
It's my pleasure to help anyone.

Yours in good smile,
Dr. Mary Ziomek

ziomek1975
10-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks for your appreciation on my posts. If you have questions or queries regarding dental care, you can ask me or call at: (301) 984-9646.
It's my pleasure to help anyone.

Yours in good smile,
Dr. Mary Ziomek

ambulatoryalliances
04-12-2012, 04:36 AM
Orthodontia, also known as orthodontics, is a more specialty within the field of dentistry that focuses on straightening misaligned teeth and also malocclusion. Treating malocclusion, and many problems with the bite and usually accomplished through the use of braces. Another focus of orthodontia is to make a person's smile very attractive by fixing crooked teeth. This involves correcting very big gaps and making sure that the teeth are properly aligned with the lips. Orthodontia also sometimes involves surgery to improve the shape of the jaw.

Maternity Dress (http://www.eva-alexander.com/maternity-wear/dresses)

cappmea
04-21-2012, 05:19 AM
Abdelhakim El-Gheriani, BDS DMD MS

Whilst criteria concerning the functional assessment of implants are prevalently employed for the determination Invisible Orthodontics was popularized by patient demand for a beautiful smile without unsightly metal braces. This led to an increased interest from the orthodontic community to research and further develop the different appliance types to increase the scope of offered treatment.
With the outbreak of 3D technology, the researchers found the tools where they can apply their scientific knowledge and develop a whole new type of appliances where metal brackets and wires are not needed for the indicated cases, these appliances are “Aesthetic Aligners”.
Aesthetic Aligners are a popular option offered by practitioners and accepted by many patients worldwide. In order to achieve the best results with this treatment option the operator has to know the limitations of these appliances, how to increase their potential, and how to select and educate the patient to maximize success.

For more information on this lecture, please click here! (http://www.cappmea.com/cadcam6)

ambulatoryalliances
05-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Orthodontia is the branch of dentistry that deals with abnormalities of the teeth and face. The focus of orthodontia is on straightening teeth for both functional and cosmetic purposes. Orthodontic treatment is most effective when started early in life, though many adults also seek orthodontic care. Orthodontic care involves the use of devices, such as braces, to
Align lips and teeth properly :
* Close gaps between teeth
* Correct problems with bite
* Straighten teeth

Invest Surgery Center (http://www.ambulatoryalliances.com/services/surgery-center-development)

devildoc8404
05-12-2012, 03:47 AM
"Orthodontia" was the given name of my great-aunt, rest her soul, and I would appreciate you not making fun of her.

We love and miss you, Orthodontia Louise McChuckles. The sultry summers on the Caspian Sea are not the same without you.

princysharma1990
07-17-2012, 07:34 AM
It is the study of treatment of improper bites which may result in tooth irregularity. it focuses on improving the appearance of the patient's teeth.
Different methods:
-dental braces
-plates
-retainers
-head gear

ambulatoryalliances
07-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Orthodontics is also the branch of dentistry that corrects teeth and mostly jaws that are positioned improperly in human mouth. Crooked teeth and also teeth that do not fit together properly are harder to keep more clean, are at risk of being lost early due to tooth decay and most periodontal disease, and also cause extra stress on the chewing muscles that can also lead to headaches.

SharonCrawford
08-25-2012, 04:16 AM
Very nice information..

farnandis
10-08-2012, 12:04 AM
There are certainly a lot more details to take into consideration, but thanks for sharing this post.

10-19-2012, 02:02 AM
I think orthodontia is the branch of dentistry dealing with the prevention or correction of irregularities of the teeth.
It contains different methods they are dental braces, plates, retainers and head gear.

devildoc8404
11-02-2012, 05:51 AM
Not legally.

catrice.ailget
11-17-2012, 05:57 AM
I appreciated your distinguished manner of writing the post. You have made it very easy for me to understand.

catrice.ailget
11-17-2012, 06:10 AM
I appreciated your distinguished manner of writing the post. You have made it
very easy for me to understand.

Pyllins
04-05-2013, 10:19 PM
It is relevant disease of the "Orthodontic care" in which under below mentioned devices are used like brace Straighten teeth, Correct problems with bite Close gaps between teeth Align lips and teeth properly.

Harry Lloyd
06-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Teeth that are disturbed or giving your face a bad look, come in this dentistry branch. Orthodontia is a manageable disease and a good dentist can easily handle the issue if he is experienced. I know many good dentists in Diamond Bar CA with good knowledge and experience in this field. I liked the information that you shared over here and it`s nice learning for new entrants as well.

Regards,
Harry Lloyd
gurzdental.com

jennifersmith
06-03-2014, 06:25 AM
Orthodontics is a treatment for the correction of irregularly aligned teeth , usually involving sometimes oral surgery and braces.

Jefflewis
12-22-2014, 06:18 AM
Orthodontia is the treatment of irregularities in the teeth.

Jefflewis
07-27-2016, 06:36 PM
In addition Orthodontists (http://cookortho.com/) specialize in helping patients with the alignment of their teeth, improving their bite, or fitting them for corrective braces and devices. If a patient has an overbite, a dentist will refer him or her to an orthodontist.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.