PDA

View Full Version : How Important the Dental Floss is

ziomek1975
08-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Brushing and flossing properly, along with regular dental checkups, can help prevent tooth decay and gum disease. But did you know that a dental floss is quite important to protect your smile?
A Dental Floss is a thread mostly made of plastic ribbon or nylon filaments whose main purpose is to remove any food or plaque that gets lodged in between teeth. The main caretaker of teeth is considered the toothbrush. However, toothbrushes are quite limited because they cannot reach the area in the gaps between the teeth, which, unfortunately, are common areas where food can easily get stuck and where bacteria can easily grow. This could lead to cavities, tooth decay, and to expensive dental treatments.
Flossing is widely recommended by dentists worldwide, although it is not being used as dentists hope. In America, it is known that around only 50% of people actually floss to complete their oral hygiene care. Thus, dentists continually advertise the use of floss to their patients due to its many dental benefits and some benefits to overall health.
This is Dr. Marry Ziomek of Rockville Cosmetic Dentistry. I and my friendly staff are ready to help you create the stunning smile you've always longed for.
So grateful that I found this forum site and I went on a right landing page. This Forum site looks great and I'm looking forward to establish a good relationship with you and have some exchange of knowledge and ideas especially on keeping a healthy smile.

This is Dr. Marry Ziomek of Rockville Cosmetic Dentistry and I'm a new member here. This Forum site looks great. I'm looking forward to establish a good relationship with you and have a sharing of knowledge especially about on how to take good care of your smile.
-Brushing and flossing properly,
-Regular dental checkups can help prevent tooth decay and gum disease.

But did you know that a dental floss is quite important to protect your smile?
A Dental Floss is a thread mostly made of plastic ribbon or nylon filaments whose main purpose is to remove any food or plaque that gets lodged in between teeth. The main caretaker of teeth is considered the toothbrush. However, toothbrushes are quite limited because they cannot reach the area in the gaps between the teeth, which, unfortunately, are common areas where food can easily get stuck and where bacteria can easily grow. This could lead to cavities, tooth decay, and to expensive dental treatments.
Flossing is widely recommended by dentists worldwide, although it is not being used as dentists hope. In America, it is known that around only 50% of people actually floss to complete their oral hygiene care. Thus, dentists continually advertise the use of floss to their patients due to its many dental benefits and some benefits to overall health.
This is Dr. Marry Ziomek of Rockville Cosmetic Dentistry. I and my friendly staff are ready to help you create the stunning smile you've always longed for.
So grateful that I found this forum site and I went on a right landing page. This Forum site looks great and I'm looking forward to establish a good relationship with you and have some exchange of knowledge and ideas especially on keeping a healthy smile.

jennifersmith
06-03-2014, 07:32 AM
Hi,

You are absolutely right and I agree with you that flossing is more important. Floss is one type of interdental cleaner. It is designed specially to clean the space between the teeth & gap between the base of the gums and the teeth. These are places where a toothbrush can not reach.

ALLCARDIOLOGY
06-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Awesome and informative post

Jaysapien
06-14-2014, 09:07 PM
the dental-pik invention is so neat
most people are too lazy to floss, but the new dental piks make it much easier..also, convenient!

malik2630
10-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Dental plaque is made up of harmful micro-organisms which include bacteria, viruses and protozoa (microscopic parasites). If there is plaque left between teeth and near gums, it can accumulate and cause inflammation.

Sawank
10-09-2014, 05:26 AM
You share very useful information. I am completely agree with you that flossing is very important. It is type of of inter dental cleaner. Because toothbrush not properly reach between teeth and with flossing we can clean our teeth properly.

patriciagold476
10-16-2014, 05:23 AM
Hi, Thank you for sharing this useful information about dental floss, not everyone are aware on the importance of this dental floss but you still shared this informative one. I will also share this to my friends and relatives. Thank you and keep on sharing.

--------------------
patcrawforddds dot com

kennethcook398
10-17-2014, 01:49 AM
Indeed, I am flossing my teeth everyday to prevent tooth decay. Before I am not using it but after I visited my Dentist in Orlando he recommended me to use dental floss for additional oral hygiene regimen. I liked your post a lot of people who don't know how to use or what is the importance of dental floss will learn.

Thumbs up :-smiley7

Jefflewis
11-17-2014, 02:51 AM
Well, dental floss helps to prevent gum disease by getting rid of pieces of food and plaque from between your teeth.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.