PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Killing of a CMU student that protected a professor

gx255
08-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Photos & Pictures | Photos from The Jersey Journal - NJ.com (http://photos.nj.com/4505/gallery/jersey_city_woman_killed_at_curacao_school/index.html)

I believe this was part of CMU.
RL is a faculty of the school hence part of CMU.

Please do not move this to a garbage forum like Relaxing lounge.

med209
08-07-2011, 02:26 PM
You wrote the same article in the Relaxing Lounge so it should be moved there or deleted as a duplicate. It was a huge tragedy to the family, the school and its students. What else is there to discuss?

siheg
08-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Why wouldnt you want to discuss this tragedy openly?

med209
08-07-2011, 03:30 PM
look at the comments at valuemd.com/relaxing-lounge/215690-jersey-asiangirl-stabbed-muslim-student-curacao-medical-school.html#post1398672

gx255
08-07-2011, 03:48 PM
The question is if its on the net/news why shouldn't it be at its proper forum location?
People come to valuemd to learn about a school, and they deserve to know something like this happened at this school.
Its no different than posting a link that from WSJ that states DeVry bought AUC.

siheg
08-07-2011, 03:53 PM
what about the comments?

med209
08-07-2011, 04:00 PM
What the school has to do with a Canadian guy who transfered a month ago from a medical school in Egypt due to a political instability in the country? He did a terrible crime and has been punished with a life sentence. CMU is among very few school's that provide housing to its students but every student is responsible for his actions. Furthermore the police found out that this guy's mother, a physician, has been prescribing him antidepressants so probably this was one of the reasons he got out of his mind.

gx255
08-07-2011, 05:53 PM
I agree with the antidepressants. Those things can really do some crazy things.

What the school has to do with a Canadian guy who transfered a month ago from a medical school in Egypt due to a political instability in the country? He did a terrible crime and has been punished with a life sentence. CMU is among very few school's that provide housing to its students but every student is responsible for his actions. Furthermore the police found out that this guy's mother, a physician, has been prescribing him antidepressants so probably this was one of the reasons he got out of his mind.

teratos
08-08-2011, 07:00 AM
I agree with the antidepressants. Those things can really do some crazy things.

Really? Antidepressants make people do crazy things? Or is it just that some crazy people take antidepressants.......

This is a tragedy. I agree that if it happened at a specific school, a discussion in that school's forum is appropriate.

heartbeatz
09-03-2011, 01:55 AM

It is not to dicsuss the tragedy, it is to let the world know what happens in this place. I dont ever want anyone to go through what her family went through and what the people like me would have to deal with for the rest of our lives. The trauma we have gone through can not be sxplained - it is an experience that no one should have to go through.

cmuzilla
09-03-2011, 02:02 AM
I have Brooklyn bridge to sell if you want to buy.

cmuzilla
09-03-2011, 02:04 AM
Ok can I get admitted to US schools if I have psychological problems?

heartbeat
09-03-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm going to try and change the direction of this discussion and focus to what we all can do to be able to understand why these things happen and work to find some solutions. There are endless numbers of horrible tragedies that happen at schools around the world: In April the 12 elementary children that were killed in Rio de Janeiro, Columbine, VA Tech, the Norway youth camp, the list can go on and on. It is almost impossible to open up the internet today without hearing about another school tragedy. But in all of these reports, the focus is on what can we do to help and how to try and prevent it in the future, it never puts the school at fault, because it is not. It seems that the the common thread to each of these is that they are random and there is no warning. That is why they are called senseless tragedies. So if we are going to discuss anything, lets see what we can do to help find ideas to try and watch for these things. If we can find just one workable solution, then we can keep someone else from going through such a horrible thing. Maybe by properly using the forum to discuss ideas, maybe someone out there will come up with an idea which will work!

heartbeatz
09-03-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm going to try and change the direction of this discussion and focus to what we all can do to be able to understand why these things happen and work to find some solutions. There are endless numbers of horrible tragedies that happen at schools around the world: In April the 12 elementary children that were killed in Rio de Janeiro, Columbine, VA Tech, the Norway youth camp, the list can go on and on. It is almost impossible to open up the internet today without hearing about another school tragedy. But in all of these reports, the focus is on what can we do to help and how to try and prevent it in the future, it never puts the school at fault, because it is not. It seems that the the common thread to each of these is that they are random and there is no warning. That is why they are called senseless tragedies. So if we are going to discuss anything, lets see what we can do to help find ideas to try and watch for these things. If we can find just one workable solution, then we can keep someone else from going through such a horrible thing. Maybe by properly using the forum to discuss ideas, maybe someone out there will come up with an idea which will work!

Hello ... why change the direction? Because you can not defend it?
A person got killed and you are trying to hush hush the topic like she was a fly. For 1000 dollars that you make for recruting each student you will sell your mother ...wont you?

heartbeat
09-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Possibly you should reread the post, not sure you followed so well.

cmuzilla
09-03-2011, 04:12 PM
so grandma, how much money have you made so far ?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.