PDA

View Full Version : Unibe's final letter/call.

draquish
07-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Hello community. :)

I'm a Floridian, and I have gone through the admissions process up past the final interview.

The interviewer assured me that they would give me their decisive word this week, but I have heard elsewhere online that students from last year received their acceptance around August 14.

Though an acceptance is great news no matter the date, I would like to know if one of you has experienced a similar situation while applying to Unibe.

As it stands, my alternatives do not allow me to wait indefinitely.

I have both called(to no avail) and e-mailed Unibe about this matter. The community's help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

-(s/n)Draquish

Seyoum80
07-27-2011, 03:00 AM
You should definitely apply to Universidad Central Del Este as a back up, or even the university in San Francisco, DR...Just in case

Cubanito76
07-31-2011, 12:31 AM
They have always taken about a month before classes begin to accept you. Nothing new here. Don't bother calling as you won't accelerate the process. If your grades are at least somewhat decent, you will be accepted. No need to apply elsewhere in DR. Good luck!

lilalexandra88
08-09-2011, 12:59 AM
i had the final interview too and im waiting anxiously, kinda going crazy and getting stressed. the interview was july 14 and it aug 8 and i don't know of their answer... im not even sure what day school starts but i am worried because i have to move from miami to DR in 3 weeks thats kinda harsh... do they always take this long to answer back.. i had a 3.4 gap worked at a docs office for 4 years im hoping that will help get me in.. if i don't i really haven't applied at ne other school.. so kinda freaking out

Cubanito76
08-09-2011, 02:35 AM
You should be okay. Don't stress. Good luck and keep us posted.

draquish
08-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Got in. Finalizing the financial paperwork. Don't stress it, lil!

lilalexandra88
08-11-2011, 04:35 PM
i got in tooo.. yeay! now my main question is what to do.. i know i need to find housing but and financial loans.. can any one help me in what should be my next steps please.. i also nee dto find out which is the closest airport to unibe and hotels around so i can stay while i find an apartment... which are some good areas to look for housing that arent that expensive? thanks

IPN81
08-11-2011, 08:32 PM
I went to the interview on July 12 and still waiting for the letter!! I've called UNIBE a few times and they told me that the letters were mailed last week... Hope I receive it soon!

Lilalexandra...the closest airport is the Las Americas International Airport (SDQ)...it's about 30 minutes from UNIBE.. I went to Santo Domingo last May and stayed at the Barcelo hotel...very nice and close to UNIBE.

Good luck :-)

Cubanito76
08-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Once you get to the airport, a cab ride to Gazcue, where Unibe and hotel Barcelo is located, shouldn't cost you more than 1000 pesos under any circumstances. Use Miraflores cab company which services Unibe students. Ph# 809-688-1999.

Local cab rides should never run more than 100-150 pesos. Try having the money and change ready in hand so they don't bust out with the "I don't have change" excuse.

They WILL try to get you.

PeaceLoveMedicine
10-13-2011, 08:32 PM
Hi my name is Denisse. I just added to this page here. I am applying to UNIBE. For fall 2012/moving to DR ( My husband has 3 semestres=1 yr) left of "Derecho" at Universidad Catolica. I read a post about you saying you graduated. Congratulations SO is Unibe "worth it". I was born and raised in USA but everyone else in my fam were born in Dominican Republic. You seem very knowledgeable about everything. Would it be a bother to message you with potential questions?

Ps: I still wont be done with my pre-med...btw should I take physics here (usa) or there? ahhh I hope they still have pre med---to med without an MCAT because that would delay me about 2 years

aly1188
11-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Hey guys... How exactly was the interview for you? I just received a call asking me for an interview next week and I want to prepare as best as I can.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dr.SDiaz
02-01-2012, 08:28 PM
hi denisse.
i am graduating Unibe now in July.. i am in my last semester, i was born and raise in the state with dominican parents.. to me unibe has its good and bad just like other school.. I think is gotten better from when i started.. mind you my pensum is m10 and the pensum that they currently have is pensum m12 which to my opinion is better and complete.. that pensum have the kaplan program and other great clinical practice with simulated dummies which is nice because you will be practicing usmle step 2 styee.. and another great things is that now you need to pass step 1 to enter the pre clinical which is an awesome thing.. i wasn't require to pass usmle and now i have to sit down and start studying.. here in DR if you know you have the good and bad depend where you hang out.. so if you like nice places. you wont complain... the only negative i can say is UNIBE getting to expensive.. i mean every year they are raising tuition. NOW about that class you are missing i dont know if you have the money to pay it on ur own.. but if you are applying with personal loan or graduate loan and have previous have loan before find out how much financial aid covers you since those are premed courses.. and now unibe is very picking selecting to my understading.. and find out with unibe if there still offering premed because i have over heard there are not offering premed program unless they have change that check their website or call their 1800 number.. if anything feel free and ask me dont mind helping...

Stephanie.

Jami
11-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Any news about the mcat? I don't see it on the site.

Jami
12-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Ok I found it they now require the mcat.

sendie
12-17-2013, 03:16 AM
how is the interview? in what language? and, can it be done online?

sendie
12-17-2013, 03:19 AM
do they require mcat for med school applicant? i have a bachelor degree in biology and i'm doing my master in public health

sendie
12-17-2013, 03:24 AM
what's the minimum they require?

josemrodz
04-25-2014, 01:50 PM
For those of you that got accepted, a belated congratulations! I recently completed my admissions profile with UNIBE. I am now hoping and waiting for them to call me for the interview. What sort of interview questions did they ask? Also, did you receive your acceptance in the mail, e-mail, or phone call? Thanks!

josemrodz
06-06-2014, 07:15 PM
For those of you that got accepted, a belated congratulations! I recently completed my admissions profile with UNIBE. I am now hoping and waiting for them to call me for the interview. What sort of interview questions did they ask? Also, did you receive your acceptance in the mail, e-mail, or phone call? Thanks!

I had my interview today via Skype. It lasted about 13 minutes. They asked me 4 questions: 1.) Tell us all about yourself. 2.) Why medicine? 3.) If you were a tree, what tree would you be and why? (No joke, for real.) 4.) What specialty would you choose and why?

There were two people sitting at a table writing brief comments as I answered their questions. After I answered the final question they said that the admissions department would be getting in touch with me during the next two weeks with a final decision. I forgot to ask if they were going to mail it, email it, or call me so I guess I'll be on the lookout for all three.

josemrodz
07-09-2014, 11:27 PM
I had my interview today via Skype. It lasted about 13 minutes. They asked me 4 questions: 1.) Tell us all about yourself. 2.) Why medicine? 3.) If you were a tree, what tree would you be and why? (No joke, for real.) 4.) What specialty would you choose and why?

There were two people sitting at a table writing brief comments as I answered their questions. After I answered the final question they said that the admissions department would be getting in touch with me during the next two weeks with a final decision. I forgot to ask if they were going to mail it, email it, or call me so I guess I'll be on the lookout for all three.

UPDATE: So as of today (July 10th) at 12:32am EST, I have yet to receive any word from UNIBE. As stated above, on the day of the interview (June 6th) I was told that the decision would be given in writing in two weeks (June 20th). Well that date came and went followed by July 4th the week after. I have sent several emails that have been ignored. I have called several times and spoken with the same admissions officer who time and again has told me that I would receive the letter "by the beginning of next week" or "Next Monday at the latest" only to make a fool of myself waiting patiently all day for the letter to arrive. This experience, coupled with some recent posts by several new forum members, are beginning to leave a nasty taste in my mouth regarding UNIBE and its administration. I'm glad that as of right now I have a backup school just in case.

MedStudentMD
07-10-2014, 12:13 PM
That is exactly what it is like and you are not even enrolled, a taste of what's to come. Nobody knows anything about what's going on and instead of saying "I do not know, let me find out for you", they make up information so they can go back to chatting with their coworkers or facebooking.

josemrodz
07-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Where did you transfer to? Are you still in the DR?

Nina Perez
01-12-2015, 03:32 PM
i had the final interview too and im waiting anxiously, kinda going crazy and getting stressed. the interview was july 14 and it aug 8 and i don't know of their answer... im not even sure what day school starts but i am worried because i have to move from miami to DR in 3 weeks thats kinda harsh... do they always take this long to answer back.. i had a 3.4 gap worked at a docs office for 4 years im hoping that will help get me in.. if i don't i really haven't applied at ne other school.. so kinda freaking out

Hi, Would like to know if you get accepted and how is it going??
Am also working at a doctor office for 3 years going 4 now

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.