PDA

View Full Version : Accepted into 2nd Faculty of Medicine

bsms1613
07-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Hey guys,

This is my first post.

I'm from UK. I've got a place at the 2nd faculty of medicine in charles university. I'm wondering if anyone else is going there this September? What's life like as a medical student at this faculty?

Cheers:D

outlaw
07-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi,

I just wanted to know how you applied.

Thanks

bsms1613
07-08-2011, 06:22 AM
Hi,

I just wanted to know how you applied.

Thanks

Unfortunately I can't include the link of their application page here, because I need 20 posts before being able to do so :( but if you google '2nd faculty of medicine' the website should come up.

Essentially you need to fill in an online application form and send off copies of your high school diploma. You also need to sit the SAT subject tests in Biology, Chemistry and Physics (all multiple choice). These are available to sit in most countries, and are examined 3 times a year. If your test points add up to >1850, it is my understanding that you are automatically accepted until capacity fills.

liberal
07-08-2011, 10:45 PM
So are you going? I also got in! But I am so worry about studying medicine in the countries that are not english-speaking. There must be several problems that could come such as professor who could not speak english properly, Czech language, communication with patients and nursing staff in Czech language !! and so many more.

bsms1613
07-09-2011, 11:57 AM
I've also applied to Irish med schools, but I don't think I'll get in to those so I'll likely end up at Charles. Yeah, bit worried about the language barrier I'll face. Just trying to learn a few Czech phrases a day but I've been a bit lazy of late.

outlaw
07-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Unfortunately I can't include the link of their application page here, because I need 20 posts before being able to do so :( but if you google '2nd faculty of medicine' the website should come up.

Essentially you need to fill in an online application form and send off copies of your high school diploma. You also need to sit the SAT subject tests in Biology, Chemistry and Physics (all multiple choice). These are available to sit in most countries, and are examined 3 times a year. If your test points add up to >1850, it is my understanding that you are automatically accepted until capacity fills.

Oh ok..so you applied through that method.. i had to take exams in may around that time so i couldnt sit the SAT exam, so instead im going for the entrance exam in a few days to prague. has anyone got any tips for that?

Superman19
08-05-2011, 05:49 AM
The entrance exam at 2nd fac is based on A level knowledge of chemistry, biology and physics. The test is followed by an interview with faculty members. Its ok, standard Qs like why medicine, why here, why now, etc. Wear a suit for the interview and be confident. Good luck. Hope to see ya in september.

Slomeed
08-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Regarding the SAT, if you score more than an 1850 on the normal SAT(not subject tests), are you still granted admission to the second faculty?

bidiboom
08-13-2011, 08:39 PM

And the score starts from 200 points, which means 600 points in pocket for 3 exams.. two years ago there wasnt subtraction for incorrect answer, but I saw just that there is today.. which means you cant fill the questions of which you dont know the answers, randomly..

bidiboom
08-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Regarding the SAT, if you score more than an 1850 on the normal SAT(not subject tests), are you still granted admission to the second faculty?

I dont know the answer, but I guess not.. because SAT Reasoning, or the test you call "normal SAT", is about reasoning and language use.. but most (nearly all) of the med schools are testing on Biology, Chemistry, Physics and sometimes Math..

bidiboom
08-22-2011, 05:38 PM

Does taking Sat-chem+bio+phys make it possible to get in 4 year school? Are you admitted to 4 year program?

MaryJoe
08-31-2012, 10:30 AM
Hi :) I just saw you applied for the 2nd faculty a year ago and took the entrance exam. I am taking the entrance exam in september. How hard is it? Do you have to have a certain percentage in order to get in? Does everyone get a chance for the interview and are the points from all the categories (as far as i understand there are 60 point for each of them) added together? I am clueless on what to expect? Is the interview more important or the exam? and how is the competition? is there a lot of competition? I am sorry for bombarding you with questions like this , i just have no idea what to expect. :)

honzah
09-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Hi :) I just saw you applied for the 2nd faculty a year ago and took the entrance exam. I am taking the entrance exam in September. How hard is it?

Unfortunately, the original poster took the SAT method of entry so his system is completely different to yours.

Is the interview more important or the exam?

I doubt this. Given that people who take the SAT method of entry do not even need to have an interview it defies logic to think that the interview is very important. Also, given that the 1st and 3rd faculty have an interview which consists of 1 question like "Why did you choose the X faculty", I would not be too worried about it.

and how is the competition? is there a lot of competition? :)

I don't think the competition is all that high. In 2011 I knew a number of students who were rejected from the 1st faculty get accepted in the 2nd faculty. Also, that SAT score required for entry is pretty easy to obtain which indicates that competition is not that great.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.