PDA

View Full Version : Unibe and gpa

teabagger
06-20-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm just starting out my new medical school journey here in the dominican republic (unibe). but I've been hearing some stuff regarding GPA and supposedly how it's meaningless when getting into residency back home. Is this true? How important is GPA really? I would love to get into a general surgery residency back home but I'am really apprehensive as to the things I hear and my chances. maybe some folks who have made it back can chime in... I need a dose of reality. What's the word? p.s. I working with a 3.0 (I study from books,I hate studying from presentations)

Cubanito76
07-31-2011, 12:42 AM
I graduated recently from UNIBE. Well first off, nothing is meaningless. The most important thing is a good score on your step, but try to do the best you can on all your classes. Residency interviewers will look at your step first, but they will look at your individual grades also. Another thing!! The last year at UNIBE is known as Internado. It's easy to get all A's your final year as I did as long as you do what you are supposed to do. Don't slack off and skip rotations! This will drastically increase your GPA (last year is about 75 credits).

Courage
06-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Hi i am a transfer student from Uce a totally bad school, i had sime problems while i was there because professors never show and stupid departamentales exams. Cubanito do you know if there is a chance for me to get into med school in unibe with 2.70 gpa and i would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Jami
11-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Did you apply, courage?

Jami
11-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Hi i am a transfer student from Uce a totally bad school, i had sime problems while i was there because professors never show and stupid departamentales exams. Cubanito do you know if there is a chance for me to get into med school in unibe with 2.70 gpa and i would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
Did you apply?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.