PDA

View Full Version : Transfer to Clinicals

javjavs
06-16-2011, 05:43 PM
I am a med student doing clinical rotations thru MUA. I was thinking about transfering to SMU or AUA for clinicals. I am experiencing some problems with getting roations. Would SMU accept my clinical roation credits or would they make me redo all my cores .

Thank You

EQUALITY
06-18-2011, 07:22 PM
talk to SMU admissions department. Very accomodating. Although the school is not progressing as quickly as it did under previous ownership the future is bright, and in my opinion in the long run the degree will be more valuable than MUA.

SMU is a solid alternative to an american medical school, and the country is outstanding.

badjojo
06-18-2011, 10:24 PM

EQUALITY
06-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Correct the same owners. But i would not be suprised that as i am writing this the 3 R corporation is trying to sell ST. Matthews which would be in smu interest. No one compared SMU to an american medical school there are too many to compare each one. I said that it is a good solid alternative if you can't gain admission to an american based allopathic school. Although i will say it is a far better option than osteopathic school as long as you score well on steps and do so on no more than two attempts.Please show me where it is a requirement to own the buildings to get title 4 loans. Lots of big corporations don't own their buildings, like cbs, nbc, etc.MUA does not have florida approval probably will not get it because it has become much more stringent, and it is on a primitive island. Not much of a future.Also st. matthews has probably the #1 vet school in the caribbean, and they own a surgical center. The vet school brings positive attention to the medical school

badjojo
06-22-2011, 10:52 PM
.................................................. .......

EQUALITY
06-24-2011, 05:47 AM
You have obviously had a rough time with the school.But please don't distort the facts. There is no requirement that the school own the campus for title 4 loans, none.the mcat's are a requirement. it is stated on the website, and call admission office. the analogy of corporations like nbc,cbs other corporatios is that our scholl is a corporation, and many corporations don't own the property and rent. It has no effect on the education one receives or the quality of the corporation.However i do believe st. matthews has some work ahead of itself to get better.

vmd345
07-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Correct the same owners. But i would not be suprised that as i am writing this the 3 R corporation is trying to sell ST. Matthews which would be in smu interest. No one compared SMU to an american medical school there are too many to compare each one. I said that it is a good solid alternative if you can't gain admission to an american based allopathic school. Although i will say it is a far better option than osteopathic school as long as you score well on steps and do so on no more than two attempts.Please show me where it is a requirement to own the buildings to get title 4 loans. Lots of big corporations don't own their buildings, like cbs, nbc, etc.MUA does not have florida approval probably will not get it because it has become much more stringent, and it is on a primitive island. Not much of a future.Also st. matthews has probably the #1 vet school in the caribbean, and they own a surgical center. The vet school brings positive attention to the medical school

I was told that SMU is up for sale. 50 millions is the asking price!

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.