PDA

View Full Version : How long do i have to stay in poland

Smilys
06-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Okey so I'm deciding whether I should or should not apply for the med. schools in Poland.

Well the title is already saying most of it but there are a few things I would like to know..
I've heard about this 4 year M.D programme, can everyone apply for that or do they require some kind of undergraduate degree ?
And yeah I was also wondering if it's possible to do some of the more practice part of the education in an other country? Or do I absolutely have to stay in Poland ?

milist
08-11-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm pretty sure 4 year courses are for those who have gone to college.

TimeAsOrigin
12-23-2011, 06:12 AM
then if I just done my high school I can only apply to 6 year courses right? And what about finished college but the subjects that i had learned didn't have biology what should I do?

DrHokie.
12-25-2011, 03:51 AM
It all depends on the program that you want to join.

The English programs in Poland with at least some Clinicals in the states are

Jag (part of year 6 can be done in America i think)
MULublin
MUSilesia
Warsaw? (im not sure but possibly part of year 6)

For any of the 4 year programs, you need to have at least completed the Pre-med college pre-requisites (Bio, Gen.Chem, Organic Chem, etc.), and have taken the MCAT for most of them.
For the 6 year programs you might have to pass an admissions exam (JU and Warsaw)

bidiboom
12-25-2011, 05:40 AM
Warsaw doesnt have California Med.Board approval and as far as I know, it doesnt demand MCAT for 4-year program(but demands bachelors degree with premed courses). Also for 6-year program IB and EB owners are exempted from entrance exam.

LilyRose89
02-03-2012, 10:53 AM
undergraduate degree or meet the hours of each subject (organic chem/phy etc)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.