PDA

View Full Version : If the Profession Doesn't Tier- Then What???

thebonecrusher10
06-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Most of us here seem in strong favor for tiering the profession. But, what if that doesn't happen? What if it doesn't happen in your careers lifetime. What will you do? Have you considered it?

While I doubt this to be the case, I'll entertain it for a moment. I'll still be forced to practice, but if I insist on practicing ethically, I'll never be able to pay my loans back, nor buy a house or new car. Further, I'll have a duty to tell all my patients and others what dubious things some chiropractors do in an attempt to warn them of what to look out for (chiros pushing subluxation nonsense, or trying to sell large prepaid care packages). Or the once a week adjustment for life.

If these changes don't happen, what will you do? Will you still practice chiropractic? Will you continue to be vocal about subluxation doctors and the nonsense they push? Will you speak out against DC's selling prepaid care? Maintenance care?

Chiropractic Must Change!
06-24-2011, 12:31 AM
I will speak out against subluxation and "straight" paleo-chiropractors until the entire chiropractic profession starts to act and regard themselves as musculoskeletal primary care physicians instead of people who cure all disease via cracking your spine. I'll be starting chiro school in September, after much deliberation. If I don't see this happen in ample time, I will be a very unhappy DC. I know this going in, but I'm doing it anyway because I'm guaranteed a healthy income as soon as I graduate.

If that's the case I will get a "Doctor of Nurse Practitioner" degree after I graduate just to be able to prescribe meds (this 3-year degree will be required after 2015 in order to be a nurse practitioner) . That would be absurd, considering that right now, and until 2015, Nurse Practitioners go to school for 2 years post-grad and have a scope of practice that is indistinguishable from primary care MD's in my state. They can prescribe schedule II-V drugs, and practice without supervision in Rhode Island (loosest law in the country for Nurse Practitioners).

NUHS-AUC
06-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Don't waste your $$$ on a DC degree, most if not all DC colleges NUHS included, are "expanding" into CAM type schools, cause DC enrollment is DOWN, as well as everything else, DC insurance coverage, DC utilization nationwide is down, as well as professional credibility and acceptance...

I'm a 2004 DC graduate from NUHS, one of the top DC schools, and shortly after graduation made "the move of my life", to attend medical school, just wished I did do it sooner, and saved my $$$ and 4 years that I gave to NUHS, could have completed residency by now...

Save your $$$ or 4 years that you would NEVER get back and forget about ANY DC college or CAM U, and attend REAL medical school.

Good Luck !!!

I will speak out against subluxation and "straight" paleo-chiropractors until the entire chiropractic profession starts to act and regard themselves as musculoskeletal primary care physicians instead of people who cure all disease via cracking your spine. I'll be starting chiro school in September, after much deliberation. If I don't see this happen in ample time, I will be a very unhappy DC. I know this going in, but I'm doing it anyway because I'm guaranteed a healthy income as soon as I graduate.

If that's the case I will get a "Doctor of Nurse Practitioner" degree after I graduate just to be able to prescribe meds (this 3-year degree will be required after 2015 in order to be a nurse practitioner) . That would be absurd, considering that right now, and until 2015, Nurse Practitioners go to school for 2 years post-grad and have a scope of practice that is indistinguishable from primary care MD's in my state. They can prescribe schedule II-V drugs, and practice without supervision in Rhode Island (loosest law in the country for Nurse Practitioners).

thebonecrusher10
06-25-2011, 10:48 PM
This is EXACTLY what I do! My office is right on highway 50, which if you dont know, spans about 3,000 miles. I get a lot of people passing through who need an adjustment. I always tell them to avoid doctors who talk about hocus pocus stuff, render the same treatment each time, or tell them they need to come back 2-3 times a week or they need maintenance care for life.

I will ALWAYS tell patients about subluxation dogma so they are informed of the quacks out there. This is what you get subluxation chiros when you hold your colleagues back! haha

Forsaken38
06-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Give them the old what for! No, seriously though this is the only way change things. Start educating patients about the subluxation chiros and eventually it will decrease their office visits and thereby their market share. Most patients will choose well when presented with the truth.

This is EXACTLY what I do! My office is right on highway 50, which if you dont know, spans about 3,000 miles. I get a lot of people passing through who need an adjustment. I always tell them to avoid doctors who talk about hocus pocus stuff, render the same treatment each time, or tell them they need to come back 2-3 times a week or they need maintenance care for life.

I will ALWAYS tell patients about subluxation dogma so they are informed of the quacks out there. This is what you get subluxation chiros when you hold your colleagues back! haha

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.