PDA

View Full Version : wGPA calculation if more than one degree?

jhpresley
05-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm looking into applying to a few Australian schools, and some of them (Flinders, Wollongong, etc.) calculate a weighted GPA based on the applicant's most recent three years of his/her bachelor's degree (assuming it is a four-year degree). My situation, however, is that I completed a four-year degree, then took a few additional courses in the year after (not a full courseload, but enough that I was still considered a full-time student). Now I'm looking into starting another bachelor's degree this upcoming fall; I'm planning to apply to the med schools after I've completed two years of this second degree.

(Okay, I know that's pretty complicated. Sorry for being long-winded.)

So when the admissions committees are calculating my entrance GPA, will they use just the most recent three years from my entire academic record, period? Or will they use the last three years from the degree that I've already completed, and ignore everything else that comes after that? I tried finding info on the school websites about this, but to no avail. I'd appreciate any insight into this. Thanks!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.