PDA

View Full Version : 5th semester?

sabres
05-23-2011, 12:41 PM
hi all, I am planning to transfer into 5th semester of AUSOM. Can someone who is taking 5th semester right now (or anyone know about the 5th semester program) provide some input about the program please? Does the live review course help? How hard is the second part of the semester (ICM and PD)? Between Chicago and New Jersey, which one is better? Do I need a car to travel to review the live review course and hospital for ICM and PD? Thank you very much!

Focused
05-28-2011, 12:30 PM
A live board review, patient exposure, Residents and Board Certified physicians as instructors. All completed at a teaching hospital and no additional charges or fees. Does it get any better? You will come out of 5th semester ready to hit the ground running in clinical rotations. All very important info needed to pass step 1 and prepare for clinical studies. From my perspective, a must.

spartmd
06-18-2011, 12:00 AM
hi fell

I wanna to transfer from spartan , because there are many lies and fraud in there , dean guru is drGgee promoting illegal activities in Spartan , no NYC ,no no no every thing no ,due to this reason i consider transfer , i believe at least 20 planing to do so . is it wise decision to transfer to Atlantic . i know few of our lec are joined there

spartmd
06-18-2011, 12:02 AM
hi fell

I wanna to transfer from spartan , because there are many lies and fraud in there , dean guru is drGgee promoting illegal activities in Spartan , no NYC ,no no no every thing no ,due to this reason i consider transfer , i believe at least 20 planing to do so . is it wise decision to transfer to Atlantic . i know few of our lec are joined there

Sam I am
06-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Hi spartmd,

While transfering may not be the best solution for everyone it was for me. As you know the best instructors left Spartan to join AUSOM, this is because the focus here is on education and helping students focus and pass the USMLE. How many schools do you know put in PBL programs and additional review classes that are not mandatory but there to assist students with getting material they didn't get before or subjects they are weak in.

I recommend you contact (758-452-7777) the campus and come visit, they allow other students to sit in on a class so they will allow you. This will give you an opportubity to speak with the faculty and students and tour the campus then you can make an informed decission. Maybe you and some of your friends should consider this since you are right here on the Island. I would plan the whole day and spend come time in Castries especially Rodney Bay your life style changes completely coming to this side of the Island. See you on campus......

Tiger26
06-25-2011, 12:49 PM
I transferred from Windsor and Atlantic has been the best decision I have ever made.. I wasn't being challenged at my old school plus learning was below par.. You should definitely check out the school.. I'm in MD4 right now and about to start MD5 in Chicago, IL at JPH. They really prepare you for the USMLE and all the professors are really close to the students so if you have problems, they will try there best to help you even if you need one on one help. They will even go over tests individually if you want. They care so much that when I was sick with dengue, two profs and the dean came everyday to check up on me and even came to the emergency room on the weekend when I was admitted. Atlantic is pretty upfront with there students and every month the program director comes to see if any changes need to be made with the school, and he comes to give updates on clinicals and MD5. They really listen to the students. If we need something and it is just then they will do anything in there power to buy it or get it for us.. Message me if you have questions.. I'm apart of the SGA so let me know if you have concerns or just call the school and come visit... I think you will like this side of the island alot more too..

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.