PDA

View Full Version : Any already studying medicine in DEBRECEN who only had to have a personal interview?

moley06
05-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Would anyone be able to tell me the requirements of the personal interview? I have exemption from the written and oral exams.

Thanks for any help.
moley06

Simpanosous
05-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Hi. My name is *****. I am from Greece, a post-graduate in Biology Science, and I am going to join the first year of the English MD program of the University of Debrecen, in September 2011. I have a few questions myself about this, I would appreciate if you let me know the answer to your question, once you find it. I too have only to take a personal interview, having been exempted from the written and oral exams. Looking forward to hearing from you,

Panda
05-31-2011, 11:25 PM
Foreign students can be admitted into the English Program of the Medical School if they meet the entrance examination requirements.

The exam consists of two parts:

multiple choice test from Biology, Chemistry and Physics;
oral exam compulsory from Biology and Physics or Chemistry.

"The language of the entrance examination and interview is English. Applicants having a B.A. or B.Sc. degree in Biology-related natural science fields at internationally accredited and registered English language foreign colleges or universities may be exempted from the entrance examination.

The deadline to submit requests for exemption from the entrance examination is 31st May."

This is from the Debrecen website. Oral exam is the personal interview from what i can see, and it includes a few simple science related questions

Sequoya
06-01-2011, 03:53 AM
Hi
as I know at the interview they only ask you personal questions like what was your favorite subjet,what was the curriculum like in your previous school why you would like to become a doctor etc....I do not think any part of the written or oral exam should be done (as you are exempted from it)

alexander.be
02-09-2012, 05:41 AM
hi .. i'm a french student and i would like to know how hard is the entrance examination ... there's some book you can train on ?

the_red_devil
02-09-2012, 06:29 AM
hi .. i'm a french student and i would like to know how hard is the entrance examination ... there's some book you can train on ?

As long as your high school basics are clear, you'll be fine. Try to read up on A-level biology,physics and chemistry. The exam isn't too hard and most people get in without too much of a hassle. It's surviving here that's the hard part.

Clementine00
02-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Hi :) I was wondering if anyone has an idea of how high the acceptance rate at Debrecen probably is?

the_red_devil
02-25-2012, 10:27 PM
The acceptance rate here is pretty high and it's increasing every year. For instance, last year the first year had about 360 students while this year the number has jumped up to about 490 which is too much. Getting in is the easy part. But surviving here is a whole different story. Lets just say that out of the 490 students, most will be kicked out/leave on their own by the time we reach the third year. But if you do get past the first three years, it's safe to say that you'll be a decent enough doctor.

Clementine00
02-26-2012, 06:48 AM
The acceptance rate here is pretty high and it's increasing every year. For instance, last year the first year had about 360 students while this year the number has jumped up to about 490 which is too much. Getting in is the easy part. But surviving here is a whole different story. Lets just say that out of the 490 students, most will be kicked out/leave on their own by the time we reach the third year. But if you do get past the first three years, it's safe to say that you'll be a decent enough doctor.

Thanks, I really appreciate your answer!

bidiboom
02-26-2012, 10:23 AM
...The acceptance rate here is pretty high and it's increasing every year. For instance, last year the first year had about 360 students while this year the number has jumped up to about 490 which is too much...

There are new developments to consider for the prospectives, which may be very much important for them:

1) The constitution in Hungary put the country in a totalitarian regime path which got the relations with Eu tense. Recently EU warned Hungary to change its policies, put the sanctions option on the table, and the economic support from EU is suspended.
2) Debrecen, in particular, developed intermingling relations with Israel: Israel supports Debrecen, and Debrecen raises Israeli med students. Until now there is no problem, but in time it turned to an Israeli students club; the students may put disrespectful attitude, which is possible for youngsters, but administrators/academicians cant put a proper stance before these attitude problems. Its also said that the stuff about students are in control of Israeli students.

If these points are not a problem for a prospective, then its ok, but there is a serious need to be aware of those all at the beginning.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.