PDA

View Full Version : Psych Rotation in ATL

bpaikatt
07-30-2004, 04:27 PM
I have just learned that there is no Psych (Greenbook) rotation with Dr. Klopper (Ridgeview) in the city of Atlanta. Does anyone know the last time it was considered Greenbook? What do you think St.Chris's stance be on this? Any advise or opinion on all rotations in Chicago? i.e. Jackson Park and Michael Reese?

Thanks,
BP

Nebakanezer
07-30-2004, 05:33 PM
News to me... :?:

Anyone have any insight on this?

mankidav
08-01-2004, 08:17 AM
you know what the best way to find out info is to ask the hospital itself or call the acgme your self...... the reason i say this is because u cant always believe what others tell u... I mean think about it.... ....

o yeah, if anything go to amc and ask for a pshyc rotation for 6 weeks and then ask the school to count the ridgeview as an elective... (trust me the school will do that).
The folks at gmcgroup will put with a doc that is acgme accedited and affiliated.
I know the rotations aren't the best there, but they will give the acgme/ "greenbook" rotations that u seek. And since you are in atlanta and u are a st chris student u can just pay the extra 50 dollars a week or 300 us dollars and get a proper rotation... that way ur *** is covered just in case...

stchrisrep
08-09-2004, 11:36 AM
I have just learned that there is no Psych (Greenbook) rotation with Dr. Klopper (Ridgeview) in the city of Atlanta. Does anyone know the last time it was considered Greenbook? What do you think St.Chris's stance be on this? Any advise or opinion on all rotations in Chicago? i.e. Jackson Park and Michael Reese?

Thanks,
BP

BP, the clinical director said:

ABC lost its accreditation in June/July as per conversation with the coordinator at Ridgeview hospital. The hospital is applying to get its accreditation back as they have active Residency program in Psychiatry and it might take few months to solve the issue.

If you have any other issues regarding clinicals, it's best if you contact the clinical department via phone.

bpaikatt
08-09-2004, 02:06 PM
I had done my rotation from May to June 14th 2004....does that make that rotation "Greenbook?"

BP

mankidav
09-26-2004, 11:08 PM
hey I just found out the morehouse thinking about updating their contract with Ridgeview Institute (arlene just told me a few days ago).

graduate
01-12-2005, 11:34 PM
GMC GRoup Sucks..

THey just place a herd of studetns with the docs.. try other organizations.

GME of Atlanta, or Your School affilitations.or Hospitals, or...FMGsociety.

there are lots of choices..

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.