PDA

View Full Version : Unacceptable Moderator behavior

Doc
07-29-2004, 01:26 AM
Attention SC forum users:

Please note that one of our Moderators, IDreamofMedicine, has violated the Moderator Guidelines by abusing his powers and banning several accounts, locking several threads, and altering some text. This behavior is completely unacceptable and I apologize on behalf of ValueMD for it's occurrence. And I can assure you that ValueMD takes these offenses very seriously.

The original text and posts will not be restored because the personal attacks and bickering nature (unrelated to medical education issues) had no place on the school forum anyway. However, the threads have been unlocked, the banned accounts have been restored so far as we can tell (please contact us if your account was banned tonight without reason), and, needless to say, his Moderator status has been revoked.

Our Moderator Guidelines, which all Moderators are required to accept before engaging in any Moderator activities, specifically prohibits this type of abuse from occurring. In addition, safeguards are installed to detect such activity which has helped in this case. However, if anyone notices anything we may have overlooked, please bring this to our attention and we'll investigate it accordingly.

While we absolutely do not condone the personal attacks and bickering which have taken place in this forum lately, there is absolutely no excuse for the activity which one Moderator has taken upon himself in apparent frustration. Having said that, these are two separate issues. So I should add that we would appreciate it if all users and Moderators please try to keep things respectful and keep the topics on school related issues rather than using personal references. If you disagree with this, please consider using the Relaxing Lounge or even our old Network 54 site for your off-topic discussions.

Again, I offer our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience which this may have caused. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.

UCL Medic
07-29-2004, 04:39 AM
Attention SC forum users:

Please note that one of our Moderators, IDreamofMedicine, has violated the Moderator Guidelines by abusing his powers and banning several accounts, locking several threads, and altering some text. This behavior is completely unacceptable and I apologize on behalf of ValueMD for it's occurrence. And I can assure you that ValueMD takes these offenses very seriously.

The original text and posts will not be restored because the personal attacks and bickering nature (unrelated to medical education issues) had no place on the school forum anyway. However, the threads have been unlocked, the banned accounts have been restored so far as we can tell (please contact us if your account was banned tonight without reason), and, needless to say, his Moderator status has been revoked.

Our Moderator Guidelines, which all Moderators are required to accept before engaging in any Moderator activities, specifically prohibits this type of abuse from occurring. In addition, safeguards are installed to detect such activity which has helped in this case. However, if anyone notices anything we may have overlooked, please bring this to our attention and we'll investigate it accordingly.

While we absolutely do not condone the personal attacks and bickering which have taken place in this forum lately, there is absolutely no excuse for the activity which one Moderator has taken upon himself in apparent frustration. Having said that, these are two separate issues. So I should add that we would appreciate it if all users and Moderators please try to keep things respectful and keep the topics on school related issues rather than using personal references. If you disagree with this, please consider using the Relaxing Lounge or even our old Network 54 site for your off-topic discussions.

Again, I offer our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience which this may have caused. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Might I suggest that this sort of behaviour may be best avoided by having SC forum moderators who do not attend the school, in this way people can be more assured of a less biased approach to moderation?

teratos
07-29-2004, 06:00 AM
Might I suggest that this sort of behaviour may be best avoided by having SC forum moderators who do not attend the school, in this way people can be more assured of a less biased approach to moderation?

I'm not sure that is the best thing either. Then people will scream "bias". Maybe we can just find one who can be impartial and who doesn't work for the school. G

Nebakanezer
07-29-2004, 09:14 AM

I'm not sure that is the best thing either. Then people will scream "bias". Maybe we can just find one who can be impartial and who doesn't work for the school. G

I would nominate myself as I am a student at St. Chris and I have demonstrated that I am simply interested in the truth, regardless of whether it is positive or negative for the school, but I think Doc secretly has something against me :? :shock: :D

stephew
07-29-2004, 09:16 AM
i agree that having a mod who isn't in the school isn't the best thing; moderators also serve to answer questions about the school. That there's been a problem with st chris seems to be very forum specific, not a general problem of moderators affiliated (as students, grads etc) with the school.

dt
07-29-2004, 09:26 AM
Darn! This is the strangest thing. A moderator that broke under stress. Maybe there should be a counselling forum just for moderators to help them handle their duties.

(Sorry stephew, I cant resist. lol)

teratos
07-29-2004, 09:29 AM
I would nominate myself as I am a student at St. Chris and I have demonstrated that I am simply interested in the truth, regardless of whether it is positive or negative for the school, but I think Doc secretly has something against me :? :shock: :D

I would doubt Doc has something against you. He has always been very impartial and professional. I think you would be a good mod for the forum for what it is worth. G

azskeptic
07-29-2004, 09:35 AM
actually one shouldn't see the moderator's behavior necessarily as representative of the school I suppose but it is interesting what has been exhibited here by several in the past.

az skeptic

neilc
07-29-2004, 09:52 AM

seconded...

at the very least, you could co-moderate with bts... i think you are in a much more neutral position than he, personally, and show less bias.

Nebakanezer
07-29-2004, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the votes of confidence http://forums.studentdoctor.net/images/smilies/thumbup.gif

Coming from opposite ends of the ideological spectrum, I think bts & I would create a reasonable balance for this forum.

azskeptic
07-29-2004, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the votes of confidence http://forums.studentdoctor.net/images/smilies/thumbup.gif

Coming from opposite ends of the ideological spectrum, I think bts & I would create a reasonable balance for this forum.

also, I think you are online alot and that is helpful for moderators. You'd make a good one...besides you know about warnings (grin)

Nebakanezer
07-29-2004, 11:13 AM

also, I think you are online alot and that is helpful for moderators. You'd make a good one...besides you know about warnings (grin)

Exactly! I have been the oppressed, now I want to become the oppressor!... umm, I mean benefactor!... Yes, benefactor!

microphage
07-29-2004, 12:15 PM

Sorry rrod. I guess you're no longer the front runner to the SC moderator position. Although, I'll fight it all the way to the top!!!!

anencephalic
07-29-2004, 12:34 PM
InfiniteUni for SC Mod!

That's got my vote! :D

Aloha,

microphage
07-29-2004, 12:47 PM
InfiniteUni for SC Mod!

That's got my vote! :D

Aloha,

go rrod!!!!!!

IU 3
rrod 1

anencephalic
07-29-2004, 12:48 PM
go rrod!!!!!!

IU 3
rrod 1

go rrod!

IU 3
rrod 2

Aloha,

microphage
07-29-2004, 12:50 PM
go rrod!!!!!!

IU 3
rrod 1

go rrod!

IU 3
rrod 2

Aloha,

Dude, you can't vote twice!!!! This isn't a SC sponsored election!!!

anencephalic
07-29-2004, 12:52 PM
Dude, you can't vote twice!!!! This isn't a SC sponsored election!!!

Ooops. My bad.

IU 3
rrod 1

Aloha,

stephew
07-29-2004, 02:10 PM
(Sorry stephew, I cant resist. lol)
i was just hitting the reply button to further awe at your interest in moderator activity (and well-being) when I saw that!

UCL Medic
07-30-2004, 05:25 AM
In retrospect, I too nominate InfiniteUni.
While he is an SC student, I too think he would be an excellent choice for moderation. He's not afraid to ask questions when SC is wrong, but importantly, is able to vouch for SC when they are right.

mankidav
08-01-2004, 08:25 AM
now who is running... i wanta vote.... cause i i just wanna....

AUCMD2006
08-08-2004, 07:38 PM
my platform is that i hate all schools equally...i want to see a forum where no poster is left behind but yet underbudget the program to where millions are left behind, i want a smaller administration but i will have the most extensive department expansion in forum history. i think the problem with the forum is that there is a lack of communication between departments so i propose we create a new department to confuse and increase the lack of comunication, and lastly even though the forum already has a strong firewall and no competition form any other site i want to spend 56 billion developing two new firewalls....

that is what i stand for

###
08-09-2004, 04:24 AM

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.