PDA

View Full Version : st. lucia approval???

cutelilMD
04-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Does this school have full official st. lucia government approval or is it still provisional approval??

I ask because in order to be on the IMED list and be eligible to sit for the steps, the medical school must be approve by their home government. Even though Atlantic is listed on the IMED list, it could still be unstable if it's only under provisional approval.

medic300107
04-16-2011, 06:20 PM
To be honest I would imagine any new school to be provisional for a few years. Since they just opened up I would say give it a couple years to see if they get full approval or not.

Sam I am
04-16-2011, 10:29 PM
No need to imagine, speculate, or guess, AUSOM began the accreditation process in 2008 with the Government of St. Lucia and has full official approval. I got this from the Minister of Health who visited classes last week. So, why are you guys (Medic300107 & cutelilMD) on the AUSOM site why aren't you posting on the Windsor site?

medic300107
05-01-2011, 01:58 PM
No need to imagine, speculate, or guess, AUSOM began the accreditation process in 2008 with the Government of St. Lucia and has full official approval. I got this from the Minister of Health who visited classes last week. So, why are you guys (Medic300107 & cutelilMD) on the AUSOM site why aren't you posting on the Windsor site?

because windsor has graduates practicing, I saw what looked like blatant advertising on VMD and I took it upon myself to make sure this school is legit. Why? Because I almost made a mistake picking schools and VMD saved me from that. I was doing my due diligence and researching schools, and realized that AUA didn't have all 50 state approval or Federal loans. I was new to the Carib med school world and when I realized this, I applied to Ross and was accepted, thus i'm a Ross student and have no reason to post in Windsor. Lastly, this isn't about Windsor (at least not to me) I'm not recommending people go there over AUSOM am I? No I'm just trying to get the truth for perspective students.

cutelilMD
05-04-2011, 10:58 PM

I'm still alittle bit skeptical here. How can you get full official approval in 2008 when the medical school hasn't started until this year. Isn't full approval only given to schools that not only past all the criteria, but also manage to get their first graduating class, which atlantic hasn't done so yet because it's still very new.
I'm not attacking you, but I think you were apparently misinformed, Atlantic might only have temporary approval.

I might be wrong so if you like, you can provide some evidence because as of right now the info I got is that Spartan is the only school that has the full official government approval, all the other school are temporarily approve.

BTW, I'm not a med student yet, but will be soon :)

medic300107
05-05-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm still alittle bit skeptical here. How can you get full official approval in 2008 when the medical school hasn't started until this year. Isn't full approval only given to schools that not only past all the criteria, but also manage to get their first graduating class, which atlantic hasn't done so yet because it's still very new.
I'm not attacking you, but I think you were apparently misinformed, Atlantic might only have temporary approval.

I might be wrong so if you like, you can provide some evidence because as of right now the info I got is that Spartan is the only school that has the full official government approval, all the other school are temporarily approve.

BTW, I'm not a med student yet, but will be soon :)

Just because the application was initiated in 2008 doesn't mean it was approved in 2008. I would imagine temporary approval for the first few years at least. I don't doubt this school has IMED, my only concern was clinical rotations.

breetlee6666
02-25-2015, 05:03 AM
This is the first semester for AUSOM so how can they have a student thats been there for over a year. Trust me in a month or two you can get a feeling for any school. They are proud of the there school. Let them be happy for the decision they have made. If it was a bad school, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be advertising for them.

Lucian9
03-29-2015, 08:00 PM
Its approved and we have transfer students from other medical schools like IAU, Windsor, Ross, AUA, St. Mathew's. and the majority of the Students come from the States and Canada.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.