PDA

View Full Version : need info

Ashigem016
07-28-2004, 11:36 AM
Hi everyone. I was wondering if any of you would be able to help me. I want to go to medical school, however, my chances of getting accepeted in a US school, are very slim. I have been seeking alternative schools, in which St. Christopher's in one of my choices, but I am sort of oblivious to the whole unapproved clinicals in the state of Fla, which concerns me (cause I want to practice in miami). Secondly, I don't have the best academic credentials, and I am concerned about the selective process, as far as which kind of applicants does the commitee look for. And is the MCAT necessary to apply, cause from what I have seen online, they don't really stress it, then again I can be misinterpating it.
Thanks

stchrisrep
07-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Hi everyone. I was wondering if any of you would be able to help me. I want to go to medical school, however, my chances of getting accepeted in a US school, are very slim. I have been seeking alternative schools, in which St. Christopher's in one of my choices, but I am sort of oblivious to the whole unapproved clinicals in the state of Fla, which concerns me (cause I want to practice in miami).

You don't have to do your clinicals in Florida in order to practice in Florida. You can train outside of Florida and apply for licensure after that.

Anyways, Miami has gotten strict over the years about clerkships available to international students. They only offer observerships to students from non-LCME schools.

http://www.mededu.miami.edu/visitingstudents/

As of now, we are not approved for clinicals in Florida but we are applying for them. Prospective students should not apply to the school if you're hoping to do eveything in one state (i.e. - Florida). Since the school is relatively young, you will have to be flexible as to what the school will offer you for clinicals.

Secondly, I don't have the best academic credentials, and I am concerned about the selective process, as far as which kind of applicants does the commitee look for.

The college recommends a GPA of 3.0 or higher. If you don't have this, I recommend you take some extra courses. If you are unable to do this, then try to apply and see what happens.

And is the MCAT necessary to apply, cause from what I have seen online, they don't really stress it, then again I can be misinterpating it.

The MCAT is not required but if you have taken it, you need to submit your scores.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.