PDA

View Full Version : independent study program

cutelilMD
03-25-2011, 01:35 PM
the independent study program is a medical distant education provided by destiny. however destiny requires med students to dedicate 15 weeks on the island for preclinical session. By doing so, it eliminates the possibility of licensing issue by other states that does not allow the online education system.

This is very clever, I'm just curious if any of you out there are doing the program?
If so, were you able to get rotation, residency, and licensing?
I would love to hear more about this, it can open doors for students who have families and obligations :)

Burt simpson
03-25-2011, 02:11 PM
I was looking into the school in Antigua that has a similar program (one month on campus for every semester). I called the MA board and they said it is still an unacceptable distant education. You have to be physically present on the island for each and every semester( the whole semester) of basic sciences. Short visits to the island don’t count. This is no different than other distant education programs. I think it's a waste of time.

cutelilMD
03-26-2011, 04:33 PM
I was looking into the school in Antigua that has a similar program (one month on campus for every semester). I called the MA board and they said it is still an unacceptable distant education. You have to be physically present on the island for each and every semester( the whole semester) of basic sciences. Short visits to the island donít count. This is no different than other distant education programs. I think it's a waste of time.

Holy cow I didn't realize the consequences, thank you so much
xoxo

Ocarina
10-11-2011, 09:15 PM
I am only posting so I can send PMs sorry for whoring this thread:-P

Jamien63
05-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Both UHSA and Destiny are FAIMER and WHO accredited. That's all that you need to really know ...the rest is gossip.

devildoc8404
05-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Wow. FAIMER and WHO are all that matter? Really?

Well, do be sure to mention that to the state medical licensing boards. I'm sure they will be all ears, and keenly interested to learn exactly what is gossip, and what is not.

Both UHSA and Destiny are FAIMER and WHO accredited. That's all that you need to really know ...the rest is gossip.

Jamien63
05-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Consider this post from this link Best Medical Schools (http://www.medical-school-insider.com/best-medical-schools.html)

At UCLA medical school, during the first two years, we had between 10 and 15 hours of required class time per week. Lectures were optional and were recorded with audio synced with slides. Also, the anatomy lab had prosected cadavers (meaning that we didn't do the dissections).
All of this meant that most of our studying was done out of class vs. in-class.
This was a great fit for me since I could spend time with my family instead of at school.

devildoc8404
05-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Comparisons of UCLA and any Carib school are moot. The reasons why should patently obvious when it comes to licensing issues.

Acton
03-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Dw just go for it

devildoc8404
03-20-2014, 06:01 AM
Again... state medical licensing boards matter. If you are ignoring that fact, then you have a hell of a lot to learn about the practice of medicine in the US.

realdoctor
05-27-2014, 01:31 PM
How can you go to Medical school online. Don't understand how you will get licensed. No way.

sarcdoc
09-01-2014, 10:27 PM
We go day by day, test by test, just like everybody else...ECFMG has no problem with it.

Summer2013
09-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Good to hear from a senior student of Destiny. Yes, I am a student at Destiny and I am taking one day at a time and one exam at a time and getting ready for STEP1 exam.

yasmindawson
11-09-2017, 07:34 AM
American School's Independent Study program helps inhabitant secondary school understudies at government funded schools and tuition based schools win their recognitions with make-up and supplemental courses at an extremely sensible cost. Understudies can look over a wide assortment of licensed secondary school classes in on the web and paper-based configurations and procure required or extra credits through separation instruction.

We work intimately with several direction advocates the nation over to enable their schools to instruct their understudies, finish required credits, and keep up higher graduation rates. Our Independent Study program is ideal for credit recuperation, plan clashes, quickened programs, elective training projects and home-bound understudies.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.