PDA

View Full Version : EU Nurse, wanting to study medicin in UK!! What are my chance?

Dreamie
03-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Hey you all :D

Im a 23 year old nurse from sweden , and i want to apply for medicin programme , both the 5 years one or 6 year !!

i have a bachelor degree in science of nursing .. i have worked under GPs

my upper secendery school grade are kind of good .. i have good grades in english, history other subject .. but my biology , chemicestry , physics & math grade are kind of not the best .. its like grade C

Im i want to the UKCAT test in the summer

but what are my chances at beign accepted ????

i hope you can answear my question

xoxo dreamie :)

brusmani
03-23-2011, 08:53 PM
With Cs in chemistry and Biology your chances are very tiny but since You've got a degree in nursing,You should apply as a graduate.In this case,They want to see what kind of medical related experience You have and You will have to take the Gamsat,which is more of a chemistry and Biology exam.Don't apply to the traditional 5 year programmes,I doubt they'll consider an application from you simply because You've got a degree.Sit the gamsat and apply to a 4 year programme.If You have any other questions You can send me a message.Good luck!

Dreamie
03-24-2011, 02:52 AM
Brusmani
thank you for your answear you are an angel :)

brusmani
03-24-2011, 04:57 AM
Oh Thank You :) I wish You the best of luck and I'm sure You'll make an excellent doctor!

planet
04-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Hey you all :D

Im a 23 year old nurse from sweden , and i want to apply for medicin programme , both the 5 years one or 6 year !!

i have a bachelor degree in science of nursing .. i have worked under GPs

my upper secendery school grade are kind of good .. i have good grades in english, history other subject .. but my biology , chemicestry , physics & math grade are kind of not the best .. its like grade C

Im i want to the UKCAT test in the summer

but what are my chances at beign accepted ????

i hope you can answear my question

xoxo dreamie :)

Hey Dreamie,
If you have at least a higher second class degree in Nursing, then you can apply for medicine, for 4 or 5 years medicine...4 years medicine is for graduate but graduates can also apply for 5 years medicine...you need to do well in your UKCAT if you are applying for 5 years...if you are applying for 4 years medicine, then you need to do the GAMSAT tests and do really well.. I'm a british graduate hoping to get into medicine...i didnt get in this year, but will be applying for 4 years next year! good luck.

Dreamie
04-24-2011, 08:11 AM
Planet

thanks for the information

I really hope U get into medical school also coming year my friend :)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.