PDA

View Full Version : I dont see anywhere on the SABA web site about physics requirements

coca747
03-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Does anyone know if I need Physics to gain admissions into SABA? Some schools require 8 credits, whereas some schools requre one semester? Also, some schools will use Bio:Anatomy and Physiology and the Biology requirments. Does anyone know how valid this is?? thanks!!!

sesigs
03-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Right off the site:

"The following courses are the pre-medical requirements for admission to Saba University. Exceptions will be considered on an individual basis.

General biology, anatomy or zoology

One academic year.
General/inorganic chemistry (with lab)
One academic year.
Biochemistry/organic chemistry (with lab)
One academic year.

Other:
A broad background in humanities, social sciences or physical sciences and computer skills.

Additional coursework in biology and related disciplines is highly recommended. Students completing courses such as cell biology, anatomy and physiology, genetics, biochemistry, molecular biology, physics, statistics and psychology/interpersonal skills and communication are given preference in admissions."

In my case, I took two semesters of physics because most schools do require it but it is only one of the recommended additional courses you could take. Basically, they want students to take more than the bare minimum in sciences. Also, the MCAT has physics on it so if you are a US resident or fall into the other conditions in which they recommend taking the test, physics is a must to do well on the MCAT.

axiomofchoice
03-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Some states also require it for a license later on... This info came from the school a while ago. Not sure if its changed

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.