PDA

View Full Version : prerequisites

hbat009
03-17-2011, 12:00 AM
hiya

so basicaly i have one more year of my degree left (will finish in december) and i havnt met the prerequisites which im hoping to complete by the end of the year!

Q1. am i able to gain provisional entry while im currently sitting the courses?
Q2. by an equivalent of an 'academic year' - can 2 general chemistry courses over the summer session count as meeting the prerequiste for general chem/inorganic chemistry?

help much appreciated!

GPA cumulative about 3.2 - hopefuly get it up to 3.4; science GPA 3.4

non US/canadain student.

lakeshow
03-17-2011, 07:50 AM
You should just email admissions

sesigs
03-22-2011, 10:46 AM
hiya

so basicaly i have one more year of my degree left (will finish in december) and i havnt met the prerequisites which im hoping to complete by the end of the year!

Q1. am i able to gain provisional entry while im currently sitting the courses?
Q2. by an equivalent of an 'academic year' - can 2 general chemistry courses over the summer session count as meeting the prerequiste for general chem/inorganic chemistry?

help much appreciated!

GPA cumulative about 3.2 - hopefuly get it up to 3.4; science GPA 3.4

non US/canadain student.

I was granted acceptance and I took both Organic 1&2 over the period of one summer. Also, most schools will grant acceptance with the condition that you pass the courses you are currently taking but I would double check with admissions. Being a non-US/Canadian sutdent do you have to take the MCAT? Because if you do you obviously don't want to take it before completing all of the science courses covered on it and the last testing date for the year is typically in September.

hbat009
03-22-2011, 11:58 AM
hey sesigs

thnx for that! iv emailed them and i can gain provisional entry before grades come out

do you think taking 3 courses over the summer session is too much of a work load? - im not to familiar with the cirriculum there but was planning to do 2 general chemistry courses and one organic chemistry course over the summer.

as for the MCAT - i dont need it since im an international although it would be 'recommended' its not required - however IF i manage to get some time I might start studying for it regardless

i was also going to apply for SGU but i think they need mcat even for international students? they website doesnt explicity state that under the international students section but iv heard of no1 whos gotton in without it! hence iv been putting all my focus on getting into SABA :)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.