PDA

View Full Version : Match List at Technion

Tyler Durden
03-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Can someone post the match list this year at the Technion? I hear it comes out in a day or two. There are approximately 30 students in the class. Let's see where they are going!

Strangely, I have been seeing lots of Google advertisements for Technikon (one is attached). It says "USMLE curriculum". Just wondering - if they have a USMLE curriculum, how come they have/had all these problems with people taking the USMLE?

StudentinProgram
03-14-2011, 09:37 AM
:confused:Good question.

s2m25
03-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Tyler/Studentinprogram/Dawkins/student9/crazyrinat/whoever you are ... its getting old.
We are all sorry for what you have endured. But please try to understand:
1. March 17th is Match day. it is March 14th. is this another not being able to add and subtract numbers problem? or is it just hard to keep track of which day of the week it is it is, when you are busy keeping track of your numerous aliases/avatars/ whatever you want to call them?
2. EVERY current Technion student who has posted anything on this website in response to your crossposts/doubleposts/spam across this board, HAS ACKNOWLEDGED THE DISMAL 2010 MATCH RESULTS. Moreover, we all appreciate the fact that our program has its shortcomings (not unlike any other medical school). Instead of coming online and posting about them obsessively on blogs all day though, we actually actively try to make changes and improve things, for ourselves, and for future students.

to whoever you are (and- FWIW, we all know who you are, so you can keep posting under new usernames every other week, but we are not that dumb), sometimes discretion is the better part of valor, and you should just quit while you are (somewhat?!) ahead. As Mark Twain once wrote.... It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool.....
gnite.

StudentinProgram
03-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Please don't accuse me of being other people who joined ValueMD in 2006, 2007, and 2009 and 2011. And please don't falsely accuse me of running a blog where current students and alumni have posted dozens of times going back over a year of their negative experiences here with absolutely no proof other than I have cited it?

Because you can cite Mark Twain doesn't make you right, or perceptive.

Secondly, people know whether they matched or not already - and it is known here how few people even entered the match this year - so one can easily see any success or failure already.

Mark Twain also said:
Get the facts first. You can distort them later.

Peace.

rofeh26
03-14-2011, 03:39 PM
As a fourth year student who is matching this year, I think it is important to note that *EVERY* person who applied for the match from this year in the States has officially matched or pre-matched (we got the emails today!), including students from last year's class that were applying for the first time.

My response to the people (or person?) so obsessed with our matching rate: how many medical schools can brag of a 100% matching rate? And while I am well aware that this number is 1/3 of our class, I will assume that when those people who did not apply for the match this year---many of whom are doing it for personal reasons---they, too, will match.

I am not going to write here that our program is perfect---there is a lot of room for improvement. However, a lot of the problems that my class encountered do not exist anymore, and the strengths of an incredible research facility, great clinical teaching, low tuition cost, and being situated in the always-beautiful, never-boring State of Israel make this a great place to study medicine. I encourage anyone considering attending here to send me a message if you have any questions.

guu123
03-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Hurray!! Congratulations rofeh26 to you and your classmates!!!

IamDawkins
03-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Facts allegedly established:
17% of the students matched or prematched from the Class of 2010 in 2010.
33% of the students matched or prematched from the Class of 2011 in 2011.

Question:
How many people from the Class of 2010 will have a residency this year?
How many students matched or prematched from the Class of 2010 in 2011?

Is this a four-year or a five-year program?

crazyrinat
03-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Excellent questions Dawkins. Maybe it is a 4 year one hundred grand trip to cockroach ridden Bat Galim with a 5th bonus year when one doesn't match?

With those alleged (probably inflated) statistics- how does that compare to a Caribbean school?

IamDawkins
03-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Just a reminder. Stay civil and use only one account so this thread does not get removed.

Questions:
How many students and what percentage from the Class of 2010 will have a residency in 2011?
How many students and what percentage matched or prematched from the Class of 2010 in 2011?
Is this a four-year or a five-year program?
Is this an American or a modified Israeli program?

maplesyrup18
03-15-2011, 03:37 AM
With regards to the 33% of students matched or prematched from the Class of 2011 in 2011, it is only 33% because only 33% of the class even entered the match (due to various reasons that have been explained ad naseam on this forum) . This leads to a 100% match rate since if 33% entered the match and 33% DID get matched, then that equals a 100% match rate. You kind of need to take the numbers in context and not obscure facts. With a 100% match rate this year, I personally feel that this shows that the improvements that have been made to the program indicate that its students can really succeed while at TeAms and that it is not a horrible program which you clearly feel. (even though you no longer go here!)

crazyrinat
03-15-2011, 09:03 AM
First of all - this is a blatant lie. I know of 2 people myself who didn't match. Secondly, your logic is basically - if one person entered the match and one person matched - wow - 100% match rate! Stop being so misleading to people.

Perhaps if one person enters the match next year, that will be another 100% match rate as well.

I hope that prospective applicants will really see the danger of listening to this type of logic and drop a boatload of money on a place with such a poor track record. No other place has blogs calling it a fraud, alumni calling it out, and current students saying the same stuff. Dawkins brought up some really good points that no one seems to want to answer here....I think that is telling.
I know maplesyrup that you are Canadian and your father is paying for you, but many others don't have that luxury.

StudentinProgram
03-15-2011, 02:28 PM
It seems the Dean of the program at the Technion says they are not having "impressive residency matches":
He said this in the New York Jewish Week Magazine on January 11. I just am not permitted to post the link in here due to lack of posts, but it is easily Googleable. The Article is titled: Med School In Israel: Just What The Doctor Ordered

Also - when people say, "I came to the Technion for research" - is there no research at Sackler or Ben Gurion? Is there no research in a US medical school? The students in the TeAMS program complain incessantly about having to do a research requirement. Isn't this hypocritical?

s2m25
03-15-2011, 03:22 PM
It seems the Dean of the program at the Technion says they are not having "impressive residency matches":

read what you want. the dean said, the program experienced "growing pains" due to increases in class size and the fact that they dissociated from Touro and associated with Hopkins (something that ALL of us here, see as a good thing in the long term).

Also - when people say, "I came to the Technion for research" - is there no research at Sackler or Ben Gurion?
Um- on my interview at Sackler, when I asked about research, I was told straight out by my interviewer (an orthopedic surgeon practicing in the NY metro area) that as a medical student I would have no time for research, and it is rare to find students involved in projects during their 4 years, unless they decide to take a year off...and if they do...they tend to return HOME to the states to do the research there, and then return to Sackler the following year. so NO. there really are not that many research opportunities available. and I know I can speak for at least 2 other posters on this board when I say that one of the reasons why Technion seemed like a better choice, was because of the awesoeme research opportunities, both in the basic science and clinical arenas.
I would assume, just based on 5th grade logic, that the students who are complaining about the research requirement, are a: not the ones who are, like me and some other posters, excited by the prospect, and b: most likely students who chose technion because they had NO other option, and hence, feel the need to vent about what they feel is an unnecessary component of their medical education. For those of us who chose to come here and are happy with our decision, it is not something to complain about.

You keep mentioning "hundreds of thousands of dollars" in all your posts. I think you should sue the technion for your money back. you are obviously resentful about what happened to you. We all know who you are, and you keep thinking you know who different posters are, by referring to ones "rich dad in montreal paying her tuition" - sorry, wrong canadian....one who you suspect "might" have a degree in law or talmudic law (wrong student again...) and the funniest yet, the one who you suspect claims to have a phd in neuroscience and is from canada - that guy does NOT even post on valuemd! it is so funny that you think you have us all pegged. its a small school though, and we have YOU pegged (despite your multiple aliases IRL and on this board). so give it up. you are only digging your hole deeper and deeper. Go get yourself the help that you so desperately need and stop with the slander.

s2m25
03-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Dawkins brought up some really good points that no one seems to want to answer here....I think that is telling.

no. what is telling is that we ALL know who dawkins is, and are doing our best to keep our distance. And I wont say anything more than that, והמבין יבין, as they say in hebrew. no point in debating with him. We all know why he feels how he feels. Anyone who has questions about the school is welcome to PM any of the current students, we are glad to help.

devildoc8404
03-15-2011, 03:33 PM
No other place has blogs calling it a fraud, alumni calling it out, and current students saying the same stuff.

Um... yes, they do. In fact, there are plenty of medical schools in that very predicament. Feel free to look around, VMD runs the gamut.

StudentinProgram
03-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Uhh - dude - I don't think anyone said "rich dad in Montreal." I think it was mentioned that your father in Canada pays for you. I never said anything about talmudic law or law or anything like that. I never said anything about anyone having a PhD in neuroscience. I personally have no idea who Dawkins is, nor does it matter. What is obvious though, is that you are full of it. Many medical students do research, irrespective of where they go to school. In terms of "5th grade logic" - it isn't a select few who complain about the research requirement. And if you are committed to doing research, it's not like you can't do research anywhere else. And if you knew anything about the requirement here, you would know that a vast number of people end up doing their required projects in the US and Canada because the school makes no effort to help people get mentors here.
So you are saying - hey, I came to Technion, an unproven place with poor residency prospects because I am excited about research opportunities and no other school has research? You really are a genius!

And the Dean said straight out that there was not an "impressive residency match." He then said "growing pains" etc - but what else can you expect him to say? It's not like he said - "Hey, now that we have an "association" with Hopkins we have no one matching!" What crack are you smoking?

The program is basically the same as it always was. They just take more people, and it is on the Israeli schedule and they don't teach for the USMLE. In fact, the vice head of the program used to openly say that they don't teach for the USMLE because they consider the Technion standards to be better! Try telling that to the entire class last year who didn't match and most the class this year who couldn't either.

Secondly, there is no real "association" with Hopkins. Please tell me one single person who a) rotated at Hopkins or b) matched there. Ever. The same thing with Ben Gurion - it is a very weak association with Columbia - but at least they have a good track record of matching people to good places. And you can see when their program began - they always placed people well and at least have offices and admissions through Columbia and Columbia professors periodically teaching them. All things the Technion does not have in any way with Hopkins. At all.

Secondly, regarding "growing" pains: the program NEVER really changed. The Touro program was around for a long time - and they just expanded it and cut the Touro year so the Technion could make more money. It is very telling that it was around for a long time, yet last year only one person matched. So you are telling me that because they admitted more people, only one person matched? And you call that "growing pains"? Wow, you really have many things "pegged" don't you! That is the best excuse the Dean could say, and it is telling that he had to even say it.

Please explain what you mean by an "association with Hopkins." Don't just parrot those words - what do you mean? As far as everyone knows - people can just do some sort of rotation there like anyone else from any other place (if they have the space.) No different than anything else.

student2
03-15-2011, 04:04 PM
(Note: For the purposes of brevity and clarity, I am making a rather black-and-white argument; even though my opinions on this subject are more nuanced)

@ s2m25,

I am sorry, but your rationale for choosing the Technion strikes me as silly.

If you are applying to medical school, then presumably you want to become a doctor. And if you want to become a doctor, then you must first train in a residency program. How can anything be more important than a medical school's track record in placing its graduates into residency programs? The impression that I have from you is that you prioritized "doing research" above matching at a "good" residency program (seeing as you chose the Technion over schools with a more successful residency placement track record). If this is the case, then why don't you enroll as an MD/PhD student?

I am interested in research myself; but as a medical student, my priority, is first and foremost, my medical career (which, for the purposes of argument, I am separating from "my research career"). What good does it do you if you are 3rd author on some research paper about G-protein kinases, and yet you are unable to pass the USMLE (or score respectably on it) and unable to match into a residency program?

I believe that medical students can and should be able to partake in research if they want to; but the reason why we are here, the reason why we study, is to learn and to become the best doctors that we can be.

Moreover, you can do research at any medical school. You don't need to go to a medical school that requires its students to write a thesis in order to do research. If you have self-initiative and dedication, you can do this anywhere.

I am not questioning your right to pursue your interest in research; I am just calling into question what appear to be flaws in your judgement (in my opinion, of course).

crazyrinat
03-15-2011, 04:11 PM
You are right DevilDoc, I stand corrected. The Technion TeAMS program really does stand in the same company as some of those other fly-by-night places offshore. Well, I would say the other places have better aesthetics to their Google Advertisements, but what else can you expect from a place that employs a person like Rinat to make cheesy propaganda videos and troll ValueMD?

student2
03-15-2011, 04:12 PM
So you are saying - hey, I came to Technion, an unproven place with poor residency prospects because I am excited about research opportunities and no other school has research? You really are a genius!

I 100% agree.

Secondly, regarding "growing" pains: the program NEVER really changed. The Touro program was around for a long time - and they just expanded it and cut the Touro year so the Technion could make more money. It is very telling that it was around for a long time, yet last year only one person matched. So you are telling me that because they admitted more people, only one person matched? And you call that "growing pains"? Wow, you really have many things "pegged" don't you! That is the best excuse the Dean could say, and it is telling that he had to even say it.

I agree. The "growing pains" excuse is utter rubbish. The Technion has had an American program in place (in one form or another) since the early 1980's. The MSIH program at Ben Gurion is only ~12 years old I believe. Yet one program has had solid match lists year after year since its inception, while the other doesn't even publish its match-list (probably because so many people don't match).

crazyrinat
03-15-2011, 04:14 PM
student2:
You have just demonstrated the incredible lack of logic that a blind defender of the TeAMS program has. People who tell applicants to potentially pay loads of money for an unproven place - actually proven appallingly .

(Note: For the purposes of brevity and clarity, I am making a rather black-and-white argument; even though my opinions on this subject are more nuanced)

@ s2m25,

I am sorry, but your rationale for choosing the Technion strikes me as silly.

If you are applying to medical school, then presumably you want to become a doctor. And if you want to become a doctor, then you must first train in a residency program. How can anything be more important than a medical school's track record in placing its graduates into residency programs? The impression that I have from you is that you prioritized "doing research" above matching at a "good" residency program (seeing as you chose the Technion over schools with a more successful residency placement track record). If this is the case, then why don't you enroll as an MD/PhD student?

I am interested in research myself; but as a medical student, my priority, is first and foremost, my medical career (which, for the purposes of argument, I am separating from "my research career"). What good does it do you if you are 3rd author on some research paper about G-protein kinases, and yet you are unable to pass the USMLE (or score respectably on it) and unable to match into a residency program?

I believe that medical students can and should be able to partake in research if they want to; but the reason why we are here, the reason why we study, is to learn and to become the best doctors that we can be.

Moreover, you can do research at any medical school. You don't need to go to a medical school that requires its students to write a thesis in order to do research. If you have self-initiative and dedication, you can do this anywhere.

I am not questioning your right to pursue your interest in research; I am just calling into question what appear to be flaws in your judgement (in my opinion, of course).

student2
03-15-2011, 04:27 PM
@crazy rinat,

I would still encourage people to come to the TeAMS program, in spite of the points that you've raised. The class of 2015 will be in a muuuuch better situation than the classes of 2010/2011. I am confident of this.

maplesyrup18
03-15-2011, 04:28 PM
I know maplesyrup that you are Canadian and your father is paying for you, but many others don't have that luxury.

Bahahaha! Crazyrinat, you go on this forum and try to I guess expose Technion for what you think it really is, yet at the same time create lies and assumptions that are totally not true. Yes of course I am Canadian, anyone that has been in North America knows that Canadians love their maple syrup! But I am sorry, my father has not paid for any of my living expenses or tuition while I have been both at post secondary school or now while I am at Technion. I pay for absolutely everything! And I really don't appreciate you creating lies about me! You sit here and complain that us students of Technion get so defensive about our school and are attacking people, yet you are the one who is really doing it to us! Creating assumptions that are totally not true. I agree with s2m, go get some help!

crazyrinat
03-15-2011, 04:32 PM
I disagree student2. I think that they should not commit themselves to financial burden and take chances with their future until the situation change demonstrably. So far, the curriculum hasn't changed, the schedule hasn't changed, and the same people are at the top. The guy who ran the program into the ground is now just promoted to a position of even more power and authority. It is too high a risk - again, would you advise someone to spend a lot of money on car brand with crappy ratings because you heard that the unproven model you are buying "might" be better?

@crazy rinat,

I would still encourage people to come to the TeAMS program, in spite of the points that you've raised. The class of 2015 will be in a muuuuch better situation than the classes of 2010/2011. I am confident of this.

crazyrinat
03-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Maplesyrup - you are a genius!
:crazy:Do you agree with the genius logic of s2m - hey - come here to an appalling track record because there is no such thing as research at any other medical school? Wow, tweedledee and tweedledumber.

steelroof
03-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Look guys and gals, let’s stop the bickering.
I offered any prospective student to PM me, yet I have not received any inquiries (including the student with a “serious question”). So I think we are performing in an empty theater for an audience of prospective students who are in abstentia ; it appears that it’s just us Technion students again debating a moot point among ourselves in an open forum.
Some people, primarily recent graduates and fourth years who did not enter the match, feel cheated by the program and want to hurt the school by dragging its reputation through the mud. Understood – it’s a natural human impulse.
Some people, primarily current students (myself included) who have not yet entered the match, believe that the future is brighter and that the changes underway in the program will produce better results. Also understood – hope springs eternal.
Who is right? Only time will tell. Next year this time we will have a better perspective. Until then, not much can be said to satisfy those who are focused on match results.
I think each constituency has made their point more or less clear. So rather than engage in continued wrangling, let’s can the rhetoric and agree to reconvene next year for a rebuttal. Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel. Until then, let's get back to pounding the books - that's the only way we are all going to be successful in the long run.

crazyrinat
03-15-2011, 04:44 PM
I think however that there is one thing that should be pointed out:
There are so many idiots in the program - like the people on ValueMD with the crazy logic like "no other medical schools have research" that how can you expect the match results to be any good in the future with these geniuses? I don't imagine other medical schools to have this many idiots spewing forth distorted logic - maybe a few, but there can't be this many!
I remember last year, a weird first year complaining that people here don't do enough research. I mean, that is why people go to medical school right?
Of course, no other place has research, because the Technion has 2 Nobel prize winners from 7 years ago that they advertise consistently. And we all know, Ubiquitin is ubiqutious, right? That is more important than match results, schedules, sociopathic "program coordinator"s and crazy Deans of the whole school.
I think this bickering and "discussion" is actually productive. It shows how dysfunctional the program is. We all see it on a daily basis, but it gives a window to the uninitiated applicant of the culture of misery that pervades this place before wasting application fee.

IamDawkins
03-15-2011, 05:08 PM
@s2m25 -- Your ad hominem attacks are silly and asinine. They only weaken your position. Your attempts, to "pull the wool" over the eyes of residency directors and prospective students, are SHAMEFUL. Let me ask you, how do you know the identities of everyone speaking out against the Technion? Do you think you can intimidate people that have been cheated and lied to? Your refusal to recognize that there is more than ONE unhappy person that ever attended the Technion is very worrying. Respectfully, that is delusional. Allow me to clarify something. I have one screen name per forum:
1. IamDawkins on valuemd.com
2. Dawkins on studentdoctor.net
I invite you to confirm this with the administrators of each website. Assuming you are not a boldfaced liar, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, your decision to choose Technion over Sackler was tremendously uninformed. Sorry.

@StudentinProgram -- Excellent points. Interesting article and the hypocrisy that you pointed out is a slam dunk.

@maplesyrup18 -- Put a sock in it already. Assuming you are not a boldfaced liar, I will also give you the benefit of the doubt, your decision to choose Technion over Sackler was stupendously misguided. Sorry.

@crazyrinat -- I agree with your general premise, but I think you are hurting your cause with ad hominems.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
If Haifa was a more hospitable city people would not be so aghast at the idea of staying for 5 years. Most people find the Technion to be a 5 year modified Israeli program. The majority of the lucky people will find undesirable residencies. Via American standards, Haifa is perhaps one of the hottest, most humid, and most polluted cities in the world, hosting Israel's largest oil refinery. The oil companies, that refine many chemicals ranging from benzene to gasoline mixtures, are largely unchecked and they pollute above legal limits with little recourse. A simple google search of jpost.com will confirm. If you are in the area, I invite you to drive around the city. This is absolutely tragic and my heart bleeds for the victims of capitalistic greed.

As a result of these revelations, including the pedagogical difficulties previously mentioned all over the internet, students do not desire to stay any longer than necessary. Not to mention the financial obligations of medical school and the social considerations associated with living in a foreign country.

Questions that still need answering:
1. Are there shelf exams that correspond to the USMLEs or are the Technion exams recycled jibberish from past years with little correlation to medicine or the USMLE?

2. Do students obtain photographed copies of past years' exams and then sell said exams to the highest bidder?

3. Why is 67% of the Class of 2011 not in a position to land a residency? There are many extraordinarily undesirable residencies that go unmatched/unfilled every year that are always open to IMGs.

I can answer question 2...

One girl at the Technion received/purchased a final exam and distributed the previous year final exam to a few people and these people kept quiet. I obtained the email from a student in this class that shows this girl tried to cover her tracks. SHAMEFUL. Another girl went crazy that her supposed friends did not help her cheat.
One could make a highly compelling case that cheating at the Technion is more commonplace than shopping at the local grocery store. SHAMEFUL.

StudentinProgram
03-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Dawkins:

You just wrote a tour-de-force slam dunk on the issues here. I never mentioned the commonplace cheating, and the polluted city. I was on studentdoctor and some first year student attempted to glorify Bat Galim as some sort of idyllic paradise of the Mediterranean. That was so disingenuous that it almost made my heart break when she was telling that to students who were recently accepted.
I challenge someone to take a picture of the second year classroom and the hallway and post it on this site. That should give people an idea of the state of facilities here.

There are no shelf exams. The schedule is completely not on an American schedule which creates problems for rotations. The curriculum has nothing to do with the USMLE even though the school places fraudulent Google advertisements saying "USMLE curriculum". There are no "growing pains" because as mentioned the program had been around in basically the same form for 20 years - and there is no reason other than the quality of the students and the quality of the program that one person matched last year out of 30 and that this year, less than 1/3 were able to obtain a residency position.

steelroof
03-15-2011, 05:26 PM
You got the last word. I am happy for you.
ויקרא יט:יח
זיי געזונט און שטארק

StudentinProgram
03-15-2011, 05:38 PM
No. Now I did.

ואני יהיה לבצע נקמה גדולה על עמך עם נזיפות זועם; והם וידעתם כי אני יהוה, כאשר אני וסמך הנקמה שלי עליהם.
יחזקאל 25 17

steelroof
03-15-2011, 06:04 PM
הפסוק אינו מופיע ככה ביחזקל. ומי אנחנו? אדום? פלישתים? נעבעך. ה' ירחם

crazyrinat
03-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Here are some pics of next to the second year classroom, the entrance to the "student lounge" and one of the common apartments near the school.161361613516134

multinucleatedgiantcells
03-15-2011, 06:29 PM
As a prospective student, I decided to google match results for Technion's students (match day is March 15th, not the other dates mentioned on this forum. although for IMG's specific match results with not be released until the end of this week). The first website I accessed was this one (unfortunately? fortunately?)

I am shocked, but equally entertained by the posts on this forum. Although each of you is entitled to his/her own opinions, some advice as an outside reader...Technion is YOUR medical school whether you like it or not. So, if you want the program to improve, give constructive criticism, especially if you believe prospective students will benefit from your advice.

Secondly, although the bickering is humorous, you are in medical school now. You will hopefully be treating patients, people of different backgrounds, ethnicities, and religions with diverse opinions and beliefs for the rest of your life. So becoming mature, respectful, and tolerant now might be helpful for your future career.

Third, take the time now to study instead of writing on this website. At least, that's what I will do when I'm in med school.

I wish you all the best of luck.

Tyler Durden
03-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Awesome. I'm glad that this site pops up first when looking for Technion match results. I am also glad that you are entertained, but now you can see the quality of the student body as well as the quality of the school. I would say, on the whole, that it was a fortunate discovery of yours, and hopefully you will be able to avoid such a place as this. Another site I recommend with more specific information/match results from the Technion, as well as alumni comments is technion teams>>>dot and then com. If you want more specific match results, you should call Rinat. She will probably direct you to the main website which doesn't give a match list - just a "sampling" that goes back at least 15 years. Try and ask her for a list of programs where people went last year and this year. I'm sure you will find her answer both amusing and informative in your decision on where to attend medical school.

IamDawkins
03-15-2011, 06:40 PM
I have no reason to assume that you are not a prospective student, but if you really are a premed, shouldn't you be saying thank you instead of offering advice?

Tyler Durden
03-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Thank You.

crazyrinat
03-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Shevie - are you going around saying I am not in the program because I was "stalking" some female classmate?

Tyler/Studentinprogram/Dawkins/student9/crazyrinat/whoever you are ... its getting old.
We are all sorry for what you have endured. But please try to understand:
1. March 17th is Match day. it is March 14th. is this another not being able to add and subtract numbers problem? or is it just hard to keep track of which day of the week it is it is, when you are busy keeping track of your numerous aliases/avatars/ whatever you want to call them?
2. EVERY current Technion student who has posted anything on this website in response to your crossposts/doubleposts/spam across this board, HAS ACKNOWLEDGED THE DISMAL 2010 MATCH RESULTS. Moreover, we all appreciate the fact that our program has its shortcomings (not unlike any other medical school). Instead of coming online and posting about them obsessively on blogs all day though, we actually actively try to make changes and improve things, for ourselves, and for future students.

to whoever you are (and- FWIW, we all know who you are, so you can keep posting under new usernames every other week, but we are not that dumb), sometimes discretion is the better part of valor, and you should just quit while you are (somewhat?!) ahead. As Mark Twain once wrote.... It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool.....
gnite.

crazyrinat
03-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Shevie - I am impressed with the amount of time you have to dedicate on this site. I don't have a baby and a husband like you do - perhaps you should be getting back to giving them attention to compensate for the fact that you dragged them halfway around the world into your illogical mistake.

read what you want. the dean said, the program experienced "growing pains" due to increases in class size and the fact that they dissociated from Touro and associated with Hopkins (something that ALL of us here, see as a good thing in the long term).

Um- on my interview at Sackler, when I asked about research, I was told straight out by my interviewer (an orthopedic surgeon practicing in the NY metro area) that as a medical student I would have no time for research, and it is rare to find students involved in projects during their 4 years, unless they decide to take a year off...and if they do...they tend to return HOME to the states to do the research there, and then return to Sackler the following year. so NO. there really are not that many research opportunities available. and I know I can speak for at least 2 other posters on this board when I say that one of the reasons why Technion seemed like a better choice, was because of the awesoeme research opportunities, both in the basic science and clinical arenas.
I would assume, just based on 5th grade logic, that the students who are complaining about the research requirement, are a: not the ones who are, like me and some other posters, excited by the prospect, and b: most likely students who chose technion because they had NO other option, and hence, feel the need to vent about what they feel is an unnecessary component of their medical education. For those of us who chose to come here and are happy with our decision, it is not something to complain about.

You keep mentioning "hundreds of thousands of dollars" in all your posts. I think you should sue the technion for your money back. you are obviously resentful about what happened to you. We all know who you are, and you keep thinking you know who different posters are, by referring to ones "rich dad in montreal paying her tuition" - sorry, wrong canadian....one who you suspect "might" have a degree in law or talmudic law (wrong student again...) and the funniest yet, the one who you suspect claims to have a phd in neuroscience and is from canada - that guy does NOT even post on valuemd! it is so funny that you think you have us all pegged. its a small school though, and we have YOU pegged (despite your multiple aliases IRL and on this board). so give it up. you are only digging your hole deeper and deeper. Go get yourself the help that you so desperately need and stop with the slander.

abrukson
03-16-2011, 08:43 AM
Hello my fellow Technionites. I am one of the Canadian graduates from the 2010 class (some of you may remember me). I was wondering whether anyone has any real info on this year's Match both for the 2010 and the 2011 class?

Thanks,
Alex

StudentinProgram
03-16-2011, 01:19 PM
A few months ago, it turned out that the Dean of Technion Medical School, Eliezer Sh-a;;lev wasn't complying with US Dept of Education regulations. He sent out an email on August 9, 2010 which in part said the following (notice the HILARIOUS spelling errors):

"I fear that failure to comply with the requirements will result in loss of the edibility granted to our school by the US department of education. In addition, it will lead the school to enforce limitation and restraints on the students (such as non submission of MSPES's to ERAS, and other academic restraints)."

Also Notice the threats because of HIS inadequacy.

ilanastein
03-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Anyone else call "Rinat" today to ask about the match list? She kind of yelled at me when I called and said they "don't have a match list" for "privacy" reasons...weird..

EvaW7
06-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Hi! I am a Canadian applicant with an upcoming interview for the TeAMS program, and I was just wondering if anyone has any advice for interviewing? I have received some great advice thus far, but I am always up for gaining more information! Also, I was wondering if anyone knew how many Canadians on average go to TeAMS, or match back to Canada? Or do people end up matching back to the States?

Also, what are some favourite memories thus far from 1st and/or second year of the program? What changes do you think can still be made? Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.