PDA

View Full Version : Debrecen university

Dulgar
03-14-2011, 07:05 AM
Message deleted.

lisabms
03-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Hi,
Have a question about European University, I have a Bachelor degree and I would like to find an affordable one and accepted in the UK and Europe....Anybody can help I am seriously lost..

african_child
03-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi lisabms,
This forum is dedicated to Hungarian medical schools only. If you would like information on studying medicine in Europe generally, then I'd recommend going to the main European medical forum to ask some non-specific questions. However, if you're interested in Hungarian medical schools then you're at the right place. There're just 4 medical schools in Hungary-Semmelweis, Uni of Szeged, Pécs Uni & Uni of Debrecen. If you're interested in any, just do a search on them and you'll have more than enough information. They've all been extensively discussed about on this forum...either individually or collectively.
Good luck :)

Shibu
07-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Debrecen medical school is not a good place to study medicine. I have a very bad experience. The teaching in english is very poor. Teachers are not interested to teach and one has to do self study. You have to get into a group to get the question bank. The oral examination system is very bad. They will make sure that you fail so that the university can make money. You can expect no support from the teaching staff.

If you get admission any where else please go there unless you want to fail and wast your valuable time.

Dulgar
07-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Debrecen medical school is not a good place to study medicine. I have a very bad experience. The teaching in english is very poor. Teachers are not interested to teach and one has to do self study. You have to get into a group to get the question bank. The oral examination system is very bad. They will make sure that you fail so that the university can make money. You can expect no support from the teaching staff.

If you get admission any where else please go there unless you want to fail and wast your valuable time.

What year are you on and how do you find it to be a bad school? Is it bad or is it difficult? From the seniors I've spoken too and friends have I have atm, I've heard it's good if you put effort in it.

the_red_devil
07-13-2011, 01:46 AM
I've met a few teachers and I had no problems understanding their english.Self study is a very essential component and it has to be done wherever you decide to go to medical school.You should not be expecting the same treatment you received in high school. Why will the university make you fail for money?Wouldn't it be easier for them just to expel you and make money off the new incoming batch?
I thought everyone got assigned into a group at the starting of the year. I'm not really sure how well the people in a group get along but there if definitely a need to form groups for study sessions for the boards and USMLE style exams. Even I'm a little concerned about the orals but from what I've heard,it shouldn't be a problem if I study my bum off and prepare thoroughly.

Shibu
07-13-2011, 03:47 AM
In which year of MD you are studying? Are you there for many years? I have seen some students repeating a year, again and again. There are only limited seats in the clinical years. Some how I found the attitude of the teachers towards the students are not positive. The past papers are circulated among a few group of students only who may pass the exam, but the teachers tell the students to study the whole book with in a short period of time. Since the subjects are linked even if one pass in one subject of the group and fail in the other subject she has to appear for it again. How do you go about it?

Dulgar
07-13-2011, 03:56 AM
In which year of MD you are studying? Are you there for many years? I have seen some students repeating a year, again and again. There are only limited seats in the clinical years. Some how I found the attitude of the teachers towards the students are not positive. The past papers are circulated among a few group of students only who may pass the exam, but the teachers tell the students to study the whole book with in a short period of time. Since the subjects are linked even if one pass in one subject of the group and fail in the other subject she has to appear for it again. How do you go about it?

In my opinion, the students repeating years again and again should consider if medicine really is for them, the limited seats should mean that the university is doing like the french schools are doing, removing the bad weed during the years in other words.

Studying large amounts of text in a short period of time is what medschool is all about isn't it? :P

How did you find the attitude of the professors to be bad? Was it an authoritary attitude or a derogatory attitude?

Also, care to elaborate what you mean in your last sentence? "Since the subjects are linked even if one pass in one subject of the group and fail in the other subject she has to appear for it again." Thanks :)

And again, what year are you on?

the_red_devil
07-13-2011, 05:24 AM
Weeding out of students is prevalent in most of the competitive schools like Semmelweiss,Charles,etc.You should be fine if you know your stuff.Life gets easier once you pass the first three years.
"Since the subjects are linked even if one pass in one subject of the group and fail in the other subject she has to appear for it again." This probably means that there are no carry forwards into the next year.Unlike other courses, where if you fail one subject,you carry it forward to the next year and repeat the exam til you pass, you have to repeat the entire year if you fail in even one subject here.

african_child
07-13-2011, 07:37 AM
Hi abishek.the.devil,
Seems like you've finally arrived @ Debrecen. How'd you see the city? Have you travelled to Budapest yet? (Debrecen is NOTHING compared to Budapest. LOL). BTW, I'd highly recommend you visit the other medical schools & see stuffs for yourself. It's always good to broaden one's choices. Szeged or Pécs might equally capture your interest. Anyways, enjoy your stay in Hungary. Unfortunately, summer is really REALLY hot there...even hotter than my Africa! :(

the_red_devil
07-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Hey african_child,
I'm still at home.Couldn't make it to Debrecen this month due to some financial mix ups. But I'm hoping to be there within the next 30 days. Really looking forward to my first taste of Europe. :)

unkknown
07-13-2011, 11:54 AM

Dulgar
07-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Study is hard, but it's also true that Hungarian medical program for foreigners is a piece of sxxx. Do they teach and tell you what to study for the exam?

At least they have to tell the truth "study by yourself and look for the note from other students, we don't teach you."

Hey unkknown!

As far as I know the education is the same for foreigners as for Hungarians', if you learn the language which is almost impossible... you can even transfer to their Hungarian program which I think is free.

I don't see why they would want to teach what to study for an exam, they're supposed to teach medicine, not what to know to get 5/5. Also the oral exams are random topic -ish so wouldn't be any point. They do whoever give you a topic list, in which to adapt studying to.

Ah yes that would be a great moto to attract students, "Come to Debrecen where you have to study by yourself and fight for notes from other students, 'cause we don't teach you!" :P But seriously, they do teach if you want and show enough interest, there is no spoon-feeding here, in some countries when doing labs or anatomy and you're just sitting in a corner looking sad the teacher will call you and say "come join the group", in Hungary they ignore that student and teach the ones that are showing glowing interest and taking the moment, or that's the picture I have at the moment of Hungarian medical schools and Debrecen.

What year are you on? That you're saying all this. Or are you just making assumptions from other posts' in this forum?

Dulgar
07-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Hey african_child,
I'm still at home.Couldn't make it to Debrecen this month due to some financial mix ups. But I'm hoping to be there within the next 30 days. Really looking forward to my first taste of Europe. :)

Are you coming 1 week or so before the crash course?

the_red_devil
07-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Hey Dulgar,
i'm hoping to get there by the 1st week of august so that i get a feel of the place and settle down before the torture begins. :-p but it all depends on when i get my visa.

Dulgar
07-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Hey Dulgar,
i'm hoping to get there by the 1st week of august so that i get a feel of the place and settle down before the torture begins. :-p but it all depends on when i get my visa.

Oh great! Most people say more than 1 week is too early, which I don't get lol. Ah, I'm comming 1 week before so I hope it's not too early tbh :P

the_red_devil
07-13-2011, 11:07 PM
You are already hooked up with a flat so it's OK if you come 1 week before. But for people like me, who have no clue about accommodation, it's best to be there early and search for a place to live.

african_child
07-14-2011, 02:53 AM
@unkknown,
Do u attend lectures? Do u ask questions in seminars? Did u choose to become a doctor on ur own or someone suggested u did so. What year r u in?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.