Dr.Curry
03-09-2011, 01:50 PM
The Downside to attending All Saints University of Medicine

- Not an actual school.
- They have yet to produce a single doctor in their 15 years of running. :(
- ASUM students have the lowest USMLE marks out of any Carribean schools.:evil:
- The school Dean has no knowledge about medicine what so ever.:confused:
- The school is operation without a proper license.:mad:
- Has a history of US and Canadian student's returning back home due to having no permit present

The Upside to attending All Saints University of Medicine

- A great place to drink and party.
- I can't think of anything else.

Dont waste your time studying in ASUM, it isnt recognised in the Us and Canada.
The word SCAM would be an undestatement.

soniaa
03-09-2011, 04:29 PM
The Downside to attending All Saints University of Medicine

- Not an actual school.
- They have yet to produce a single doctor in their 15 years of running. :(
- ASUM students have the lowest USMLE marks out of any Carribean schools.:evil:
- The school Dean has no knowledge about medicine what so ever.:confused:
- The school is operation without a proper license.:mad:
- Has a history of US and Canadian student's returning back home due to having no permit present

The Upside to attending All Saints University of Medicine

- A great place to drink and party.
- I can't think of anything else.

Dont waste your time studying in ASUM, it isnt recognised in the Us and Canada.
The word SCAM would be an undestatement.

Your most likely talking about the other ALL SAINTS.

gcaruba
03-09-2011, 05:19 PM
I guess Dr. Curry is correct...Aureus, which was formerly All Saints University of Medicine is a SCAM...

MedStudentAruba
03-09-2011, 10:39 PM
I am absolutely shocked by this thread!! This is completely absurd and incorrect. Aureus/ASUM in Aruba is a reputable school. They have graduated 2 classes and most of the applicants that have graduated from Aureus have matched at their program of choice in residency. Recently this year 2 applicants out of 10 pre matched while many more received countless interviews and are awaiting match day.
On another note, the school currently has rotations at a John Hopkins affiliated hospital in Baltimore, called Union memorial Hospital, it also has rotations at Harbor Hospital in Baltimore, along with surgical rotations at George Washington School of Medicine in Washington D.C.. As a student at Aureus, I have also participated in 2 projects that are currently being published.
This thread in completely false I reccomend you e mail students currently at rotations, and in residency and find out for yourself. For your information, Dr. Curry, is not a member of our school. As far as I remember, this past class also had some of the highest marks out of any Caribbean school, with many students scoring over a 250/99% on both steps.
Best Regards,
Daniel Naranjo

MedStudentAruba
03-09-2011, 10:43 PM
GC, I am oretty sure you do not attend our school. This is not possible!! All Saints in Dominica, I can understand, Please read my posting, I would be glad to refer you ot the doctors in our Clinical Science department, whom which are faculty at NY Medical COllege, George Washington Univrsity School of Medicine, and NIH. I believe you may be posting false and misleading information.
Daniel

Arnold j.Willis M.D.F.I.C
03-10-2011, 09:01 PM
I am not sure who Dr.Curry is but,the comments are absurd and incorrect.Our students have all core rotations in Baltimore at University affiliated hospitals.All electives are available ( incuding NIH research electives) and our students have matched and ,in fact, signed for residency positions PRE MATCH! Our students have done well on the USMLE's...including a few who have 99 percentile.We have students who have had accepted publications and presentations at prestigious meetings ( US section ICS) and our Deans and clinical professors are all University Professors (GW,Maryland,Hopkins,etc.) and are accademically accomplished.Aureus is unique in it's outlook ,accomplishments and successes...we are proud of our students and our future.I suggest you get your facts right...

soniaa
03-11-2011, 01:40 AM
I am not sure who Dr.Curry is but,the comments are absurd and incorrect.Our students have all core rotations in Baltimore at University affiliated hospitals.All electives are available ( incuding NIH research electives) and our students have matched and ,in fact, signed for residency positions PRE MATCH! Our students have done well on the USMLE's...including a few who have 99 percentile.We have students who have had accepted publications and presentations at prestigious meetings ( US section ICS) and our Deans and clinical professors are all University Professors (GW,Maryland,Hopkins,etc.) and are accademically accomplished.Aureus is unique in it's outlook ,accomplishments and successes...we are proud of our students and our future.I suggest you get your facts right...

Dr. Curry is referring to ALL SAINTS DOMINICA

soniaa
03-11-2011, 01:41 AM
GC, I am oretty sure you do not attend our school. This is not possible!! All Saints in Dominica, I can understand, Please read my posting, I would be glad to refer you ot the doctors in our Clinical Science department, whom which are faculty at NY Medical COllege, George Washington Univrsity School of Medicine, and NIH. I believe you may be posting false and misleading information.
Daniel

Hes talking about ALL SAINTS DOMINICA

virthya
07-28-2011, 04:43 AM
are both all saints affiliated with each other?

farnandis
09-17-2011, 12:13 AM
i completely agree @MedStudent Aruba this thread absurd

abandealiMD
09-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Hello

No they are not affliated at all. That is the reason All Saints Aruba is now called Aureus University School of Medicine......2 completely different schools with different outcomes.

Regards
Almas Bandeali

Magen-MD
09-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Hello folks!

Some things never change; and Some people!

1. Suppose for argument's sake, that it is true that some All Saints U students scored low on USMLE,
2. And suppose it is true that some All Saints U students scored higher on USMLE than some students at ROSS, SABA, and other American & Canadian universities.

3. Why would anyone in his or her right mind talk about the ones that scored lower than the ones that scored higher? Why? Because one does not what to face the fact that All Saints produced students that scored higher than them. This kind of thinking cannot be helped even by lucifer himself.

Some people there is no education that can change their jealous attitude! It is the ame people who used to say, All Saints will be gone within three years. All Saints is still here today the way I predicted!

Instead of us unifying the forces to attack real scam schools, we waste time being bashful just to gain control over education market. Yuck!!

People come to VMD, I have said it a time and again, for a rich and informative discussions not garbage, tabloid talk. No single university in the Caribbean can admit all the prospective med students given the large number of applicants! Beside, all of you, face the same challenges that all IMGs face. No matter how much we try to suck up! Wake up and smell coffee! After all these years, haven't figured that one out, eh!

It reminds me of what Dr Sous wrote: "...these are snitches!..they never learn..."

Magen-MD
09-18-2011, 10:53 PM
By the way, it is true that some All Saints U students have performed even better than some students within USA and Canada. As a matter of fact, without focusing on any given school, some students from within Canada have failed USMLE! So how do you explain that!

Blah blah blah! Stories with no facts!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.