PDA

View Full Version : Landing April 30, 2011.... what next? where do I go first?

rocketcard
03-08-2011, 01:46 PM
So, I am landing at Saba April 30, 2011 in the morning and was wondering where to go after getting luggage? Go to medical school first or dorms first?

Anyone else on the flight from St Maarten Princ. Juliana (SXM) ??

see you guys later

payme2
03-09-2011, 03:08 PM
The school isn't open until Monday. You should go to your dorm first. Are you taking the boat or airplane? You'll have students arriving with you. Just follow them.

benevolo
03-10-2011, 04:33 PM
There'll be taxis waiting for you at Saba's airport which will take you to your dorm. Use the free taxi voucher you should have got in your acceptance package. If you're coming late on the 30th make sure you bring food over or buy Quiznos or something at the St. Maarten airport before you leave for Saba. The grocery stores close by 5ish and on Sunday almost all stores are closed. Alternativey you can taxi into Windwardside and eat at a restaurant Saturday night, and I think the Saba snack shop in Windwardside is open for food on Sundays too...anyone on Saba who has the most up to date info about this?

rocketcard
03-10-2011, 04:36 PM
@ benevolo
thanks !!!!

payme2
03-10-2011, 07:16 PM
That's good advice. Bring some snacks. There's also some eateries in the bottom too. I think Lime Time (chinese restaurant) is open late on Saturday. Meals are $9-14. The grocery store in the bottom closes at 6pm on Saturday. It doesn't open on Sunday. If you're taking the boat, you'll arrive at 7pm Saturday night, you'll need some food for Sunday.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.