PDA

View Full Version : thank you SMU!!!!!!!!!!

rightround
02-23-2011, 08:47 PM
posting this on behalf of my current roomie,....

pre-matched ENT! woooot!

Future MD | DM erutuF
02-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Wow! Congratulations to him/her!

senz_asian
02-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Awesome! Congratulations!!!

devildoc8404
03-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Holy crap... is that even POSSIBLE?

If you are on the up-and-up, then ultra-mega-super-high-speed-low-drag congratulations to your roommate!

(And if that is a fairy tale, then you suck. Sorry, but that also has to be said, dunnit?)

koj
03-10-2011, 05:38 PM
posting this on behalf of my current roomie,....

pre-matched ENT! woooot!

Wow congrats, you are the second person to match ENT that i know of. The other person is a PGY3 now, they did a prelim in gen surg prior though.

Junito
03-11-2011, 09:48 AM
I WONDER why one person attempts to use multiple accounts in an attempt to push their own agenda...definitely shows a lack of wisdom from their part!

jackets5
03-11-2011, 10:26 AM
I call bull on this. Also, why is it thank you to SMU. It would be a great job by the student to prematch in something like ENT you need fabulous board scores, amazing letters, research, kill away rotations. SMU had nothing to do with it. SMU, SGU, AUC, Ross etc. means nothing in terms of matching. Unless of course its in one of the those pesky states or now countries where SMU is disapproved.

medic300107
03-11-2011, 11:16 AM
I would have to this thread is definitely suspect, mostly because I've never heard of a pre-match in ENT more than anything else. Not saying it can't be done but with so many highly qualified applicants I can't see Joe Smoe SMU student getting a pre-match, even with 270 board scores. Unless of course the PD is a family friend for years, in that case I can see it happening....maybe.

AmericanIMG
03-21-2011, 08:00 PM
strong board scores, good rapport with a program, clinical rotations done at program along with standing out = prematch. doesn't matter if it is SMU or another school. each particular situation is different. i know a OB resident in a major uni program that failed step 1, and on the 2nd attempt scored sub 210. killer rotation with one of the clinical professors at the program got her a prematch. she was the only non-US resident of the bunch, and she's doing great in her 2nd year. you can't make assumptions on anything or guess work. lots of SMU students prematch every year in a variety of programs, both university and community based.

why thank you to SMU? guessing because the school gave the student an opportunity to go to med school when they didn't have another chance via US route.

congrats to the ENT, and good luck

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.