PDA

View Full Version : Any Muslim Female Students in Incoming May 2011 Class?

eutopia
02-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Hey guys! I was wondering if there are any other muslim girls coming to Saba this May? Don't worry I'm not some creep trying to find a potential wife-- I'm also a female muslim acceptee!:)

medstud1
02-17-2011, 07:05 PM
aren't moslem women supposed to not travel alone or live alone

eutopia
02-17-2011, 07:23 PM
do u watch fox news?

buckeyedevil
02-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Salam, I'm a female-Muslim starting in May as well. I'm from Columbus, Ohio and planning to leave either May 25th or 26th. What about you, where ru from? Have you gotten your dorm assignments yet?

darkmansaad
02-23-2011, 03:18 PM
aren't moslem women supposed to not travel alone or live alone

sounds like your well educated, i hope your medical education is doing better

poltergeist12
02-24-2011, 04:41 AM
how muslim people try to do their best to gather themselves and not to mix with koufar.
actually your main fear in non-muslim countries is that non muslim would persecute you as you do in your country (just by chance , tell us which is your country?)
But don't worry, this is not the case .

eutopia
02-24-2011, 11:47 AM
wow... your communication skills are *AWESOME*. i love how everytime such a thread is posted, some ppl take it as some sort of sinister conspiracy.
"just by chance" my country is Canada. and you're right-the reason why i posted this thread is so that us muslims can stick together in Saba and not get persecuted, the way we persecute kafirs here in Canada. so insightful of you.

poltergeist12
02-24-2011, 12:05 PM
I'm sorry if the truth hurts you so much
You hide behind a canadian passport but we know very well that in some circumstances you fell more (from where ? will you tell at last?) than from canada
That's not a conspiracy to just assess that in every muslim country koufar are persecuted , christians have to hide to pray , and that there is absolutly no reciprocity regarding respect .and just don't say "oh no it's not my fault as a muslim blabla , this is about islamists etc .." truth is that this is just about islam and intolerance of islam towards non muslims
enjoy our kindness

rokshana
02-24-2011, 04:03 PM
You hide behind a canadian passport but we know very well that in some circumstances you fell more (from where ? will you tell at last?) than from canada
That's not a conspiracy to just assess that in every muslim country koufar are persecuted , christians have to hide to pray , and that there is absolutly no reciprocity regarding respect .and just don't say "oh no it's not my fault as a muslim blabla , this is about islamists etc .." truth is that this is just about islam and intolerance of islam towards non muslims
enjoy our kindness

is English your 1st language?

A-Rogue
02-24-2011, 04:21 PM
enjoy our kindness

Wow. You're both a **** and write like a 13 year old texting her bff. I hope I never have to sit in a class with you and hopefully you never see a single patient. If by chance you do I hope they are all of the same ethnicity as yourself.

poltergeist12
02-24-2011, 04:22 PM
seems obvious that NO , english is not my native language... I'm just from a country where unfortunatly muslims are a majority and assaulted members of my family , and killed some other people just because our non obedience to "allah's law" and even our existence was an insult to their prophet ... believe me we never diserved that :(
Is my syntax is supposed to change anything in the meaning of my message :confused:

rokshana
02-24-2011, 04:40 PM
seems obvious that NO , english is not my native language... I'm just from a country where unfortunatly muslims are a majority and assaulted members of my family , and killed some other people just because our non obedience to "allah's law" and even our existence was an insult to their prophet ... believe me we never diserved that :(
Is my syntax is supposed to change anything in the meaning of my message :confused:

no its quite obvious that you are a bigot...if the OP was asking if there were any Jewish girls or African American girls, or Southern girls,etc, you probably wouldn't have said a word...but it still makes you a bigot.

fyi, when someone embarks on a new journey and will live in an unfamilar place with none of their family and friends, they look for something familiar...and many times similar is the same as familar...i know i gravitated towards my classmates that were from the South...hearing a Southern accent made me feel better...maybe for the OP religion is a big part of her life....and its a way to find something stable when everything else is in flux.

buckeyedevil
02-24-2011, 05:00 PM
how muslim people try to do their best to gather themselves and not to mix with koufar.
actually your main fear in non-muslim countries is that non muslim would persecute you as you do in your country (just by chance , tell us which is your country?)
But don't worry, this is not the case .

I hope your prejudices don't cloud your judgement when it comes to dealing with patients. I don't know why you have a problem if Muslims are trying to associate with one another. I have seen plenty of other threads on valuemd where people are exchanging info about their beliefs and/or cultural identity but obviously you have some beef with Islam, hence your ignorant posts on this thread. Moreover, valuemd is supposed to be an informational and helpful site because at the end of the day we are all on the same boat trying to make a difference.

axiomofchoice
02-24-2011, 05:03 PM
People with poor syntax often make poor arguments. You fall into that group, poltergeist12.

Pretty much have to agree with rok on everything she said. One can almost feel the hate in your barely comprehensible slander. You may want to deal with those (YOUR) issues before exposing others to them.

poltergeist12
02-24-2011, 05:38 PM
again why do you stick on my syntax? I speak 3 languages fluently and my english is correct , I'm starting rotations , have no troubles with communicating with patients and my step 1 went ok (score that I expected , enough for what I aim , at first trial)
why aren't they any other arguments ?! I'm just telling my opinion about islam , I'm not again muslims I was just surprised to see this muslim girl wishing to select her neightboorhood (I never did so , I try to be well with anyone , that's a better challenge I think ... what is next step : selecting patients??! )
And I'm sorry , I just had a bad thought maybe , but islam is a doctrin very crual and unfair , and even though some muslims are very good persons this doesn't change my opinion on islam. This is my right to think so , after everything my family went through due to it.
It' s just obvious that everywhere in the world where muslims come to be a majority nightmare starts for those who are not . And this no matter the ethnicity , it is absolutly no matter.. that's only the message of hate in kuran towards non muslims that make it possible.

eutopia
02-24-2011, 05:48 PM
again why do you stick on my syntax? I speak 3 languages fluently and my english is correct , I'm starting rotations , have no troubles with communicating with patients and my step 1 went ok (score that I expected , enough for what I aim , at first trial)
why aren't they any other arguments ?! I'm just telling my opinion about islam , I'm not again muslims I was just surprised to see this muslim girl wishing to select her neightboorhood (I never did so , I try to be well with anyone , that's a better challenge I think ... what is next step : selecting patients??! )
And I'm sorry , I just had a bad thought maybe , but islam is a doctrin very crual and unfair , and even though some muslims are very good persons this doesn't change my opinion on islam. This is my right to think so , after everything my family went through due to it.
It' s just obvious that everywhere in the world where muslims come to be a majority nightmare starts for those who are not . And this no matter the ethnicity , it is absolutly no matter.. that's only the message of hate in kuran towards non muslims that make it possible.

you're absolutely right that you can believe whatever you want, no matter how ignorant it is. but as a muslim, it is my right to educate you and try and rid you of your false assumptions. i would request that next time you decide to bud into a conversation that isnt addressing you to begin with and focus attention on yourself, at least educate your self A LITTLE on the subject matter, because otherwise you'll just look like an imbecile. if what you say about your family is true- i'm sorry. but you can't generalize the acts of a small group of people to represent a community of over a billion. i don't want to start a theological/political discussion on this thread so please pm me-- i would like to have an honest discussion with you, especially about the message of Islam.

i was sort of hesitant when starting this thread for this very reason. but then i thought that active members of valuemd must be of a certain maturity and intelligence level. i guess there are always exceptions. my only purpose in posting was to look forward to some sense of belonging on an island i've never visited, amongst class mates i have never met. no i'm not planning on sticking with people sharing my ideologies. you however, are no one to talk about being narrow-minded when i highly doubt that you associate with any muslims at all.im sorry, but i do feel that somebody as prejudiced and hateful as you should not be a doctor.

medstud1
02-24-2011, 06:39 PM
well you are bad moslem as well, you talking about drinking beer, but you also know your religion against it.

sounds like your well educated, i hope your medical education is doing better

poltergeist12
02-24-2011, 07:02 PM
but i do feel that somebody as prejudiced and hateful as you should not be a doctor.
please , don't decide what I should think or do , I promise , I've enough supported it during part of my life where I didn't have any choice .
I will tell you why I consider the same a muslim patient vs another patient . Because I know people are not responsible individualy for the perversity of an ideology . So were most nazi , nazism was the beast to fight , not the single young soldier enroled and most often not even knowing what he was fighting for

you're absolutely right that you can believe whatever you want, no matter how ignorant it is. but as a muslim, it is my right to educate you and try and rid you of your false assumptions. i would request that next time you decide to bud into a conversation that isnt addressing you to begin with and focus attention on yourself, at least educate your self A LITTLE on the subject matter, because otherwise you'll just look like an imbecile. if what you say about your family is true- i'm sorry. but you can't generalize the acts of a small group of people to represent a community of over a billion. i don't want to start a theological/political discussion on this thread so please pm me-- i would like to have an honest discussion with you, especially about the message of Islam.

EDUCATE ME ??!! can you imagine HOW MANY TIMES in my life I had to hear these terrible words , and I could just lower the eyes and listen ??! who are you for wishing to educate me ??!! to treat me of ignorant ?!
You want to speak about the message of islam. Why not telling here ? I'm not that ignorant with islam , I read kuran several times.
And yes I found peace , and love , for those who embrace islam. and then I found contempts , the same you seem to have for non-muslims as you words betray you. This is always the same which appears
By reading carefully kuran I finally understood that "no compulsion in religion" was definitly meaning "no compulsion in the "true" religion = islam
But I think you finally revealed what was truely islam. I bless my parents for having given me the power to love and accept everyone without wanting to change or "educate" them. and this is spite of persecutions , that , believe me or not , were not just the fact of a few from your community. these persecutions were legally written in law , and approved by 80% muslims.
I will protect muslims and use my art of physician the best I can just because of these 20% which represent the best of humanity.
But please don't come and make me a lesson about how good is islam. it is for me just the worst thing the world knew , together with nazism

GADoctor
02-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Seattle, I suggest you lock this thread. To the OP, there will prob be many muslim women here, Saba is very diverse.

eutopia
02-24-2011, 07:11 PM
please , don't decide what I should think or do , I promise , I've enough supported it during part of my life where I didn't have any choice .
I will tell you why I consider the same a muslim patient vs another patient . Because I know people are not responsible individualy for the perversity of an ideology . So were most nazi , nazism was the beast to fight , not the single young soldier enroled and most often not even knowing what he was fighting for

EDUCATE ME ??!! can you imagine HOW MANY TIMES in my life I had to hear these terrible words , and I could just lower the eyes and listen ??! who are you for wishing to educate me ??!! to treat me of ignorant ?!
You want to speak about the message of islam. Why not telling here ? I'm not that ignorant with islam , I read kuran several times.
And yes I foung peace , and love , for those who embrace islam.
By reading carefully kuran I finally understood that "no compulsion in religion" was definitly meaning "no compulsion in the "true" religion = islam
But I think you finally revealed what was truely islam. I bless my parents for having given me the power to love and accept everyone without wanting to change or "educate" them. and this is spite of persecutions , that , believe me or not , were not just the fact of a few from your community. these persecutions were legally written in law , and approved by 80% muslims.
I will protect muslims and use my art of physician the best I can just because of these 20% which represent the best of humanity.
But please don't come and make me a lesson about how good is islam. it is for me just the worst thing the world knew , together with nazism

my point was that since you are spreading falsehoods about my religion, I, as a muslim, have complete right to correct you. for example, your interpertation of the quotation from the Quran that "there is no compulsion in religion" is wrong. As a muslim, I know the book better than you and therefore can tell you that you are wrong. again, your hysterical rant comparing islam to nazism is just solidifying your lack of information. no one is going to believe after reading that post that you would treat your muslim patients with the same respect as you would others. I don't know where you're from and what laws you're speaking of. again if you want to have a DISCUSSION- just PM me.

rokshana
02-24-2011, 07:41 PM

no your english is not correct... this post alone is full of errors. generally the rules for grammar and such is a bit relaxed...its not school and people make mistakes, but while you may be fluent in 3 languages, English is not one of them.

and such bigotry WILL translate to the care you give to your pts...you may fool yourself in thinking that it doesn't...most bigots don't think they are bigots ("no, really...i even have (insert minority group here) friends!"

and where EVER there is absolute power by a majority the minority groups can be persecuted...who do you think the persecuted group was in Serbia? or Rwanda? or northern ireland?...

yes, you have your right to voice your opinion...as we do to also voice the opinion that it is ignorant and bigoted...

Dr Coconut
02-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Perfect example of Godwin's Law. Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law)

And yes I found peace , and love , for those who embrace islam. and then I found contempts , the same you seem to have for non-muslims as you words betray you. This is always the same which appears

twentyseven
02-24-2011, 09:43 PM
I am disappointed with the turn this conversation/ topic has taken. How prevalent is prejudice in the greater medical community? Do people harbour resentment and discriminating views/ opinions against different religions/ faiths/ cultures/ peoples? Are there other examples/ stories from clinical students/ residents about this kind of stuff? I personally have zero tolerance for ignorance and people with narrow world-views. I am pretty sure I will especially not stomach this kind of stuff happening in front of me in / during medical studies....People seriously need to reconsider their motives behind practicing medicine and realize that they're training to be in a profession that serves humanity- there shouldn't be any selection criteria based on politics/religion/gender

rokshana
02-24-2011, 11:47 PM
Perfect example of Godwin's Law. Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law)

love it!!

and this is esp true....
Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically "lost" whatever debate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debate) was in progress.

darkmansaad
02-26-2011, 12:14 AM
well you are bad moslem as well, you talking about drinking beer, but you also know your religion against it.

Thanks for stalking my profile, I love knowing I have fans

benevolo
02-26-2011, 06:56 PM
I am disappointed with the turn this conversation/ topic has taken. How prevalent is prejudice in the greater medical community? Do people harbour resentment and discriminating views/ opinions against different religions/ faiths/ cultures/ peoples?
There are bigots and racists in every profession, medicine is no exception. I would like to believe most of us are pretty open-minded and tolerant though.

I have to say though, there is a well-known rumor going around about the Muslim student group at Saba doing some pretty unethical things as a group. If it's true, it's sure not helping with the negative feelings/perceptions some ignorant people harbor about Islam.

PS - I won't repost what the alleged rumor is, because I don't think it's fair to keep spreading it around unless I know it's true.

monamona88
04-04-2011, 04:28 AM
hello,
I just got accepted for May 2011. I am a Pakistani Muslim, living in the US. I was just wondering if there were going to be any Muslim females there! Good to hear that I won't be the only one!

coca747
06-17-2011, 09:53 PM
iam not Muslim but i respect Muslims more then my own. They stick together and are overcoming the worlds assumptions and misunderstandings towards their religion and culture. clearly poltergeist12 is hiding behind a screen and would never say these things in person. Thats what we call a COWARD in the midwest! by the way.....you say your family was killed by Muslims, well the reality is...Many Muslims are killed daily by our military and by zionist.....and if your dead relatives are anything like you....THEY DESERVE TO BE KILLED! your a ignorant coward, i hope our paths will cross, so i can make you suffer and experience pain instead of embarassing non-muslims on a post that had all but a positive message. Nice job d-bag

LOSLAGOS
06-18-2011, 03:17 AM
i wish there was no religion exist ... religion is grammar of WAR+HATE.
If there was no Jew and Christian millions of Jews wouldn't be killed by Hitler and if there was no Islam and Christians/JEWS there was no WAR between Israel against Hizbullah/Hamas etc and there was no Taliban/Alqaida against Nato in Afghanistan so the planet of EARTH wouldn't HOST all these bloody wars on it most of all this argument would not take place!!!
I am disappointed with the turn this conversation/ topic has taken. How prevalent is prejudice in the greater medical community? Do people harbour resentment and discriminating views/ opinions against different religions/ faiths/ cultures/ peoples? Are there other examples/ stories from clinical students/ residents about this kind of stuff? I personally have zero tolerance for ignorance and people with narrow world-views. I am pretty sure I will especially not stomach this kind of stuff happening in front of me in / during medical studies....People seriously need to reconsider their motives behind practicing medicine and realize that they're training to be in a profession that serves humanity- there shouldn't be any selection criteria based on politics/religion/gender

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.