PDA

View Full Version : Need some guidance on funding/financial aid for SMU.

handlelight
02-10-2011, 02:22 PM
I was just accepted to the May 11 semester.

Calling the financial aid department, they mentioned that I could take a private loan from a bank (which banks offer private loans for education on schools that aren't receiving fafsa? This doesn't make sense).

Or through the use of davenport, in what way would I go about things to make sure I could get some funding through davenport for the May 11 semester? What major do I choose? Could it be anything? What's the easiest then etc. etc.

JohnI
02-10-2011, 03:01 PM
I was just accepted to the May 11 semester.

Calling the financial aid department, they mentioned that I could take a private loan from a bank (which banks offer private loans for education on schools that aren't receiving fafsa? This doesn't make sense).

Or through the use of davenport, in what way would I go about things to make sure I could get some funding through davenport for the May 11 semester? What major do I choose? Could it be anything? What's the easiest then etc. etc.

Find cheaper school...

diabeticmedic
02-17-2011, 05:25 AM
If you need loans...go to a school that offers loans.

If you didn't get into a better school...make your transcript better with MCAT retake/classes at city/county college or post bac program.

Bank loans will come due while you're still in school. Go to a school with loans. Why would you go to a school without a loan program if you need them? Don't be so desperate...

CaribPA
03-07-2011, 08:26 PM
What happened to MedAchiever loans by Key Bank? How are students paying for their tuition + expenses for the 4 years?

kavmd
03-08-2011, 08:29 PM
As a current student my suggestion is don't come here if you can't afford it outright. The financial aid they have through Davenport program is a waste of valuable study time, energy. Overall, not worth it.

That's not to say kids don't do it all the time, but in my experience, it's an added distraction.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.