PDA

View Full Version : IUHS/UEIMS from Dubai

Neuro-endo
02-10-2011, 07:04 AM
Hello all,

I was just checking to see what mess this uni had gotten into lately by typing a random google search and i stumbled upon this site.. Though to be fair i had seen it once before from a colleague.
Indeed the only reason i joined, was to shed some light on the situation in UEIMS
(which is now based in RAK(Ras Al Khaimah)). I have read alot of the threads based on Iuhs and related matter from this site but can only give a point of view of it from my end(I had no idea there was an institute running in kerala!). As an Ex-Student i could probably clarify some of the posts being thrown around.

Honestly....it is quite a dump.
When i had first joined there were very few students in each department(BDS, MD(for american students) and MBBS). Even though i thought that was bad....it got worse as the year progressed.
There were endless issues occurring:
From exam dates being changed, syllabuses not being clear for the students, rules of the universities being completely different and contradicting, accreditation issues, student dissatisfaction, being kicked out and not recognised by the ministry of education, faculty strikes, visa issues...you name it! and we had it!

Right now the student population in the entire UEIMS is exactly 5. The MD program was SHUTDOWN. The MBBS program lost all its students including its latest batch which was supposed to be a Sept '10 batch but ended up being a new November batch as i'm sure it was hard to attain all 5 of the new batch of students. The BDS program is the only one 'functioning' at the moment and is responsible for the remaining student population of the institute.

Indeed IUHS does not believe in any practicals in the first 2 years, meaning no basic science fundamentals, ueims tried to incorporate it somewhat but due to not having funds they did not have much.
-They had an anatomy lab less than equivalent to my High school. Very poor. Infact my highschool wins...hands down.:-tongue
-A library that consisted of at best 3 rows of books..(if you pack them together and remove all the empty space)
-They had a room of maybe 4 working microscopes for microbiology.
-The canteen and whatever other facility they were kind enough to include on their website is the property of the neighboring university which is also under Sudhir Gopi Group.
-The staff is non existant. From being a faculty of roughly 20 professors...Only 3 remain. Due to money issues alot of them weren't paid for 6months at a stretch and that led to alot of strikes.
-The only people actually running the place are the 2 Admins. They are in a never ending dance to keep themselves from closing down. Including being Exam proctor, Librarians, Consultants, liaison for IUHS, exam coordinators, cup holders and a general pain in the behind.
-There is no transport facility. We have to hunch in minivans with no AC or curtains for the 1 and half hour journey back and forth between the university and Dubai.
-They haven't paid alot of stuff infact. Including IUHS(who are currently withholding the students results to try and coerce UEIMS to payup), Including the Free Zone area they reside in, Including hostel fees for the houses they had let students stay in.:crazy:
-The net is from the neighboring university and most of the time...doesn't work.
Considering you are a correspondence course program...Having slow net and sometimes no net at all is highly....displeasing. As i found out recently the last batch of students had to be driven to another university entirely to gain access to net just to write their exams. Wow BA.

Concerning Accreditation.
UEIMS...there is no point talking about it.
An IUHS student who passes out from UEIMS can't do anything in this country as it won't attest the certificates. Some of the Earliest batches, from kerala branch or wherever in india, are allowed to as they escaped all the drama. I think some of them are still doing their internship in some hospitals over here.
Regarding IUHS students wanting to study in states...roughly 21 states will accept you based on your academic review(New York and New Jersey being 2 such states). The remaining states will ignore you considering they don't really like the idea of a correspondence course. This is all information i have gotten directly from the Dean. Dr. Andrew Merry himself through phonecall.

UEIMS isn't just facing issues with the MCI board. People from egypt, srilanka, canada and such are having a real tough time trying to work in their respective countries just cause the medical boards don't accept this university or its main branch.

Indeed most of the students and my batch mates have had to leave this university. Even after clearing all their exams, most were not allowed even a transfer to another university, as many got replies from the universities saying that the 'institute' is not recognised but if you would like to join you would have to start your entire course from scratch.
So most did. 3/4th of the students are in China now. A bit hassled to learn the language but alot more satisfied with their education and peace of mind. Myself Included.

If indeed this was a reputable educational institute the people in charge should have been more than welcome to answer the queries of the students...but all they did was lie to the majority of us. Heck...i remember being denied any information at all.

Regarding some other posts i recently read around the forum:

-Like i stated before, the first 2 batches are the only ones that escaped unharmed, other than them i can think of only one person who would still vouch for this place.
-I read in some thread a reply signed out by 'UEIMS STUDENTS'. I can entirely ASSURE and PROMISE you that none of us had written any such thing. :) We UEIMS students are in contact with each other just to try to help each other out as no one else can obviously. Thank you Admins for being sly as usual.

Overall:
I would say as long as you aren't involved with a branch of IUHS such as UEIMS. Your life might be alot simpler. But in hindsight you are paying for a degree which is very limiting in its options. Just something to consider.

Thank you for your time. :)

JakeTND
02-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Just so I understand this.

You---on a whim, google "IUHS"------and then join this site to tell your story? Very altruistic of you to say the least.

Moreso, the title of "ex-student" always rings hollow. Much like an "ex-employee".

And now, you are in China---studying. Dare I ask, what Chinese school accepted you and how does this relate to students interested in practicing in the states?

Neuro-endo
02-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Afcourse i would. If you were in a really bad institute and saw how it damaged the lives of the students or your friends studying there, you would...hopefully do the same.
I know the students still studying in the university. The only reason they are still there is because of their parents being conservative by nature and not wanting to send their kids abroad. Infact the entire class is comprised of 5 girls of both muslim and hindu backgrounds, so you can probably imagine. They also stand to lose alot of money in the process. Leaving is probably the hardest choice for a parent to make under the circumstances.
I have therefore stated what other students have done and what hardship you would probably face.

I am pretty sure i wrote this thread on the basis of letting people know what the standards and situation are in that institute and by no means state i was going to council people about what they ought to do. That is for each individual to decide for themselves.

If you believe i am an 'ex-employee', then so be it.. it doesn't really change much, does it? *shrug*

The university is called DMU (Dalian medical university). Calling them and asking them would probably answer your queries the quickest.
But if you are willing to take my word on it, i can pretty much tell you that they stopped accepting transfers from this university last year itself. They will just have to start from scratch unfortunately.

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 07:02 AM
I didn't say you were an ex-employee. Read my post again.

There are just too many holes in your story. You are currently enrolled in medical school and you have the time to worry about the potential medical school choices of caribbean medical school applicants?

I know US medical students who complain they don't have enough time to do their own laundry---and yet here you are?

Best of luck in your studies in China. I hope it all works out for you.

Tipton
02-11-2011, 07:34 AM
There are prospective students and their families from all over the world who come to VMD seeking info and not only US students seeking to return to the US and practice. Thank you OP for this perspective.

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 07:46 AM
There are prospective students and their families from all over the world who come to VMD seeking info and not only US students seeking to return to the US and practice. Thank you OP for this perspective.

That may very well be true-----but the OP does a very poor job at explaining the relationship between his school in India and IUHS.

Seeing as this is the IUHS folder, perhaps an explanation of how/why/who IUHS and this program in India are related would help even more potential applicants than the 5 hindu students currently enrolled.

I think by now this much is obvious to anyone who visits ValueMD. There is a concerted effort---and some of it motivated by competition----on this site to trash every single program, and some of that criticism is deserved.

However, I would hope parents and students look closer. Caribbean programs (and those in India) are not getting the best students---they are getting students who may lack the neccessary aptitude and study skills required to navigate medical school. And when those students fail (and many many do), they turn their venom on the school that they failed at---

That has to be considered when you read these posts by "ex-students".

Tipton
02-11-2011, 07:50 AM
The two institutions IUHS and UEIMS seem to be connected / affiliated. Is this not the case?

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 08:02 AM
To what extent are they "connected"?

Anyone can read on the IUHS website that there have a clincial affiliation with UEIMS....but how that translates into UEIMS' facilities problems is still a stretch.

Tipton
02-11-2011, 08:04 AM
I don't get it. You are posting here trying to poke holes in the OP's statements and at the same time you have no knowledge of these schools? What am I missing here?

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 08:31 AM
I will try this again. I am not trying to poke holes in anyone's statements. I simply view posts such as his/hers with a bit of skepticism---and I explained my reasons for doing so.

Is it true or false that the OP---doesn't even clarify if he is a IUHS student or a UEIMS student, and he doesn't explain the relationship between the two school. If you can point out to me where he/she clarifies such, I will apologize.

IUHS makes no mention of any type of relationship with UEIMS prior to clinicals---which is why I was confused, and I am certain many others are/were by reading his post. Can you discern if the OP was a IUHS student, and at what point did he transfer?

Further, how does his experience with UEIMS translate to the IUHS campus on St. Kitts?

Tipton
02-11-2011, 08:36 AM
OP never claimed to be an IUHS student but rather a former UEIMS student. IUHS and UEIMS apparently have some relationship. Thus demonstrating the significance of the information for prospective students.

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 08:42 AM
I just do not understand the relationship between UEIMS and IUHS and hopefully someone can shed some light on that.

Tipton
02-11-2011, 08:50 AM
IUHS makes no mention of any type of relationship with UEIMS prior to clinicals---which is why I was confused, and I am certain many others are/were by reading his post.

What is your understanding of this relationship?

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 08:55 AM
What is your understanding of this relationship?

You mean, other than what is listed on IUHS' website? Nothing.

Which is why I thought it would have been extremely helpful---if the OP had explained it in detail.

Tipton
02-11-2011, 09:06 AM
A former student comes here, explains his experience of the institution and how it has affected his life and faces your "skepticism". I see no reason to doubt the OP's information.

Are you really just an interested observer? Maybe an IUHS student?

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 09:13 AM
A former student comes here, explains his experience of the institution and how it has affected his life and faces your "skepticism". I see no reason to doubt the OP's information.

Are you really just an interested observer? Maybe an IUHS student?

His experiences with what institution?

Because this type of post has been created in just about every school thread here-----the former student complaining about conditions, facilities, and faculty isn't something new or original on this site. And they are always created by the dreaded, "ex-student".

If the OP can explain how his experiences at UEIMS can translate to potential problems for IUHS students on the island of St. Kitts--then I am all for it.

I am not an IUHS student.

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 09:25 AM
For the record.

If the OP or anyone for that matter can explain why UEIMS' problems are particularly worrisome to anyone considering IUHS, then I am all for it.

Any school that cheats its students out of the very basics should be called out. However, this is the IUHS forum--and to date, no one has clearly defined the relationship between these two programs.

I think we should all strive for the exchange of information, but that information has to be truthful, and has to be explained thoroughly. It is intellectually dishonest to throw an accusation around unless it can be vetted and examined.

Good luck to everyone on this site, I hope everyone gets the very best education available to them.

Tipton
02-11-2011, 09:34 AM
this is the IUHS forum

The OP posted information about an IUHS-affiliated school: UEIMS. That should be enough of an explanation for anyone.

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 10:15 AM
The OP posted information about an IUHS-affiliated school: UEIMS. That should be enough of an explanation for anyone.

You raise a good point.

The affiliation between IUHS and UEIMS. I just am trying to understand exactly what that is.

Tipton
02-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Go to their website and see it. We aren't here to spoon feed anyone.

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Go to their website and see it. We aren't here to spoon feed anyone.

My apologies for upsetting anyone.

I just want an honest and open debate on this. If I insulted anyone, for that i am sorry.

Tipton
02-11-2011, 11:10 AM
I am not a source of the information you are seeking.

Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=iuhs+ueims)

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 11:53 AM
I am not a source of the information you are seeking.

Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=iuhs+ueims)

How does that help me? If you have information, can you please share it?

Tipton
02-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Nope. I know how the Program B at UHSA works: (partial) online like IUHS. UHSA's posteroby wants to deny it. See how that works?

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 12:18 PM
What do you mean by that?

Tipton
02-11-2011, 12:23 PM
That's nice. Good luck with that. ********************

Tipton
02-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Program B Concept (http://www.uhsa.ag/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=194&Itemid=212)

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 12:26 PM
That's nice. Good luck with that. I hope your reading comprehension continues to improve.

Again, I will be the first to apologize, but can you direct me to a single post of yours that didn't take on this contrarian persona you so willingly demonstrate?

I mean, 4,000 posts and you don't have a single helpful comment to anyone?

Just try being helpful. It wouldn't kill you. For someone who spends such an inordinate amount of time on this board----being helpful may go a long way.

Tipton
02-11-2011, 12:29 PM
I have no intention of helping you prove your opinion of me. I'm not that important.

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 12:35 PM
I have no intention of helping you prove your opinion of me. I'm not that important.

Fair enough.

Tipton
02-11-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm a stalker magnet. Welcome to the club.

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm a stalker magnet. Welcome to the club.

I am sorry you feel that way.

Tipton
02-11-2011, 01:41 PM

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 02:06 PM

Again, my apologies if I was nasty to anyone.

Tipton
02-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Ah you edited it. What you wrote the first time I bet was really funny.

Tipton
02-11-2011, 02:19 PM
You're really not going to tell u your connecting to IUHS? Do I really have to come out and ask you so directly?

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 04:22 PM
You're really not going to tell u your connecting to IUHS? Do I really have to come out and ask you so directly?

"You're really not going to tell u your connecting to IUHS"?

I don't understand what this means.

medic300107
02-11-2011, 04:26 PM
I think some moderator presence here would be nice.

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 04:40 PM
I think some moderator presence here would be nice.

I agree completely.

And---to get an accurate understanding of this thread, I would hope they read it from the beginning.

Tipton
02-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Your connection to IUHS is what exactly?

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 07:47 PM

I have absolutely zero ties to IUHS. I have offered a similar defense of other caribbean programs. (Shocking I know, as you are convinced I am a IUHS student).

Anyway. As I have said-----at least 4 times now-----If there is something tangible----something that can demonstrate that IUHS is not offering their students the basic tools needed to navigate medical school, then by all means--they should be called out.

But we are not talking about their resources on St. Kitts, nor the quality of IUHS' education on St. Kitts---we are talking about some loosely associated program that no one seems to know how/why/who they are affiliated with. The OP never explained--nor have you----what that affiliation is. Instead, a blanket statement is generated by someone who has never posted before---and everyone is expected to simply buy his line, withouth questioning any possible motives he/she may have.

If the purpose of these boards/forums is to exchange information, then I am all for is. But that is not limited to a one-person discourse/rant. It should be open for discussion/debate.

Tipton
02-11-2011, 08:02 PM
I have no interest in investigating your posting history. Spend some time here and you'll find that never does some random, kind citizen come and trash a student/former student's experience of a school with no ulterior motive. Never happens.

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 08:40 PM
I have no interest in investigating your posting history. Spend some time here and you'll find that never does some random, kind citizen come and trash a student/former student's experience of a school with no ulterior motive. Never happens.

I never played the random, kind citizen. I can't stress this enough.

If IUHS has problems at St. Kitts and they are cheating students out of their money, then by all means, let's discuss it. But I don't see THOSE posts, I see thread after thread about an "affiliated" medical school and THEIR problems.

I also believe that competition for cash paying students is a pretty nasty business, and I suspect it wouldn't take much effort for any school to create a few screen names and just have some posts thrown up on this board trying to destroy the competition.

And as I posited when this thread began----a student's experience is relative to their success. Show me a student that has failed out, and I will show you a student that is pissy.

I am all for full disclosure for any school that operates poorly. If IUHS has done that on their St. Kitt's campus, I would love to be able to read about it on here.

Tipton
02-11-2011, 09:02 PM
You're defending IUHS from what exactly? Any medical school offering an online education is shady to begin with. Now it has affiliations with another shady school in the UAE? Have fun defending this school. Your credibility here is exactly zero.

JakeTND
02-11-2011, 10:31 PM
You're defending IUHS from what exactly? Any medical school offering an online education is shady to begin with. Now it has affiliations with another shady school in the UAE? Have fun defending this school. Your credibility here is exactly zero.

I just want to have an honest discussion about their program.

t-rex
02-12-2011, 12:11 AM
I do not understand your frustration toward Tipton, whom I consider a very "credible" member of this forum (no, I am not affiliated with AUA). He is only questioning your denial of IUHS's lack of credibility, which nobody here denies (except those who are affiliated with it), and there have been many discussions on this topic. Also, although the relationship between the 2 institutions is not “obvious”, the smell of it is all over the place.

Tipton
02-12-2011, 07:36 AM

JakeTND
02-12-2011, 07:58 AM
I do not understand your frustration toward Tipton, whom I consider a very "credible" member of this forum (no, I am not affiliated with AUA). He is only questioning your denial of IUHS's lack of credibility, which nobody here denies (except those who are affiliated with it), and there have been many discussions on this topic. Also, although the relationship between the 2 institutions is not “obvious”, the smell of it is all over the place.

Can you please direct me to a post in this thread where I "defended" IUHS' credibility?

Can you? I wanted the discussion, the debate----he hasn't proven a single thing, he certainly has not demonstrated any relevance between the problems at UEIMS and and IUHS.

I have posted----this will make the 7th time---get that? 7 times---that if ANY school, be it IUHS, AUA, UHSA----ANY SCHOOL----is cheating their students out of money and the neccessary tools to complete medical school---then by all means, lay out those snakes and let's read abou it.

All that has been written is a singular post by an "ex-student" (yeah, those aren't on VMD much, are they?), and supposedly when such posts are written--they are to be viewed as if they were on a stone tablet carried down out of the electronic mountain.

JakeTND
02-12-2011, 08:00 AM
(**************

Again, I have no idea why you think I am cyber stalking you.

Tipton
02-12-2011, 08:19 AM
Yes. We regular posters on ValueMD are here to help each other and learn about the opportunities and obstacles for international medical school students. **************Don't worry. It gets better.

soniaa
02-12-2011, 09:05 AM

I would also like to know his/her connection to IUHS

JakeTND
02-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Yes. We regular posters on ValueMD are here to help each other and learn about the opportunities and obstacles for international medical school students. What we aren't here to do is fix personality problems. If anything, online forum participation tends to apparently exacerbate / higlight any personal issues: a growth period similar to adolescence. Don't worry. It gets better.

I was simply trying to engage in open and honest debate regarding this "affiliation" between IUHS and UEIMS. Nothing more.

Tipton
02-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Are you going to answer the question or not? What is your connection to IUHS? People with no vested interst in a school have no reason to trash a negative post. Doesn't happen.

I'm giving odds he's either an accepted student, parent or spouse of a current student. Otherwise none of this depth of feeling makes sense.

JakeTND
02-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Are you going to answer the question or not? What is your connection to IUHS? People with no vested interst in a school have no reason to trash a negative post. Doesn't happen.

I'm giving odds he's either an accepted student, parent or spouse of a current student. Otherwise none of this depth of feeling makes sense.

I did answer. At least 3 times.

I have absolutely no ties to IUHS whatsover. I don't care if they close Monday morning.

But I am skeptical of all these "ex-students" with one post in their history showing up on a bulletin board and not explaining the post and another program (UEIMS) is related to IUHS.

And---I have defended other caribbean programs----where I read similar "ex-student" posts.

Tipton
02-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Looks like you're not going to make the year mark at ValuemD. Nice knowing you.

JakeTND
02-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Looks like you're not going to make the year mark at ValuemD. Nice knowing you.

I am simply going to abide by the rules set forth by the mods and edit my posts of personal insults. I still would love to have the debate---honest and open about IUHS.

Tipton
02-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Somebody made you edit your post. Clock's running out.

Scott1981
02-13-2011, 09:26 AM
seriously, this is childish bantering and taunting. all users who received pm's....... i highly recommend that you edit your posts on this thread. this is a warning to all future posters on this thread....... this thread is now under strict moderation. any TOS violation..... even borderline ones..... will be infracted immediately..... no more courtesy pms.

Neuro-endo
02-14-2011, 04:53 PM
In answer to your question;
UEIMS basically acts as a branch of IUHS in the Middle East. The students are considered to be IUHS students and get their degree from IUHS itself. UEIMS is just a means to stay in the country i suppose. The gulf has a law, where if you are an expat above the legal age and ain't studying or working.. you gotta leave.
Regarding your friends not having time to do their own laundry. I am sorry to hear that, i would suggest you try to influence them into making a schedule. Medicine is all about time management. A must have. It definitely is hard to manage at first but eventually it kinda becomes a norm.

For future reference i doubt i will probably reply to JakeTND's posts due to the lack of genuine reasons or need for them, apart from wanting a 'debate'. I could probably ask you the same question. If you are indeed a student, why would you go around forums on your free time for universities not even remotely related to you? This thread was meant for genuine and prospective students, to which i doubt you are either.
Even if i provide you with all the reasons and answers you could possibly ask, i seriously doubt you would bother yourself to even validate them yourself as it wouldn't really matter to you anyway. *shrug*
I am not asking you to believe me, infact i understand why you would have doubts. Relative to how i did point out how some of the admins are plagiarists on this site. That is all.

Happy Valentines day to you guys and girls too. :)

Neuro-endo
02-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Sigh...
i just realised i did point out the relationship in the very first post i made itself. It is right at the bottom, in my OVERALL statement.
For future posters... please read the post well before posting any questions. It is a rather long post i admit... but jeez :P

soniaa
02-14-2011, 05:13 PM
UEIMS basically acts as a branch of IUHS in the Middle East. The students are considered to be IUHS students and get their degree from IUHS itself. UEIMS is just a means to stay in the country i suppose. The gulf has a law, where if you are an expat above the legal age and ain't studying or working.. you gotta leave.
Regarding your friends not having time to do their own laundry. I am sorry to hear that, i would suggest you try to influence them into making a schedule. Medicine is all about time management. A must have. It definitely is hard to manage at first but eventually it kinda becomes a norm.

For future reference i doubt i will probably reply to JakeTND's posts due to the lack of genuine reasons or need for them, apart from wanting a 'debate'. I could probably ask you the same question. If you are indeed a student, why would you go around forums on your free time for universities not even remotely related to you? This thread was meant for genuine and prospective students, to which i doubt you are either.
Even if i provide you with all the reasons and answers you could possibly ask, i seriously doubt you would bother yourself to even validate them yourself as it wouldn't really matter to you anyway. *shrug*
I am not asking you to believe me, infact i understand why you would have doubts. Relative to how i did point out how some of the admins are plagiarists on this site. That is all.

I dont believe the degree will be worth anything

JakeTND
02-14-2011, 07:48 PM

Don't presume anything about me. And, I appreciated your response. It is a great starting point.

Okay, you mentioned UEIMS students get a degree conferred upon them by IUHS after graduating. So, it makes me ask, how many students have graduated from UEIMS?

Other questions.....per your own words, the program was poor when you arrived, so how is it you decided upon that particular program? With all the warts you mentioned, clearly they were obvious and evident before you went there, yet you still paid your tuition and thought that the best place for your education? Did you apply to IUHS and were then directed to UEIMS? Or did you apply specifically to UEIMS?

I suppose the most important question I have is, how long did you spend in the UEIMS medical school program, and when did you leave?

I do appreciate your responses. Thank you.

thoughts
03-12-2011, 12:52 PM
You raise a good point.

The affiliation between IUHS and UEIMS. I just am trying to understand exactly what that is.

Go to IUHS website and in that click clinical affiliates

Pls clearly look thru websites b4postting ur views/thoughts instead of speaking totally out of ignorance n making a fool of urself in a public forum!

KillerWhale
03-13-2011, 12:47 PM
There are a couple people in IUHS that failed out. They failed because they partied on the island and were worried about drugs rather than studying for exams.

1 of those persons was a computer guy who was completely useless. We'll call him "C.MOSES". Now C. is 40+ with no job, no life and can only post on here to complain about how IUHS is worthless. But the fact is IUHS is licensed in tons of states and around the world.

Neuro-endo
03-22-2011, 05:24 AM
i REPEAT...this is not a post about the details of IUHS students or its facilities but about UEIMS in RAK which is its affiliate. i had already stated i have no knowledge first hand of the university(IUHS) besides having a series of phone conversations with its Dean.(Dr. Merry)
Infact the online lecturers were pretty good. Most of them were doctors practicing in different states in the US, none of them having taken an online medical course before but having studied in various universities in the States itself.

In UEIMS we had a couple of extraordinary teachers too! Sadly, due to lack of funds and poor poor POOR!...actually...utterly abysmal management and sly administrative dealings, they were all lost and had left for greener pastures.

Also i did not state that you could not pass out of this institute but rather i was just stating all the messy details they were kind enough to leave out.
Damn, infact...it is extremely easy to pass out of this university. :) (and no i am not bashing you if you are a graduate from it but there is quite simply a really easy way to pass all the exams and still have absolutely no knowledge in medicine. I'm quite sure whatever students(if there are any) are milking that system quite well. 70% pass mark for exams?....make it 90% at the very least!)

In all its years running IUHS should have picked up a decent standard for itself and established itself. It hasn't. It is failing and proof of this, is that we are writing on this forum, in this thread, in this post right now. Other universities of the same age have already far outclassed it and are actually moving forward towards better facilities/education/staff & reputation. Why is it that IUHS is still stuck with the same sorta posts it has had since its opening?

If there are any more sensible posts...i will be glad to answer.

P.S - literally every university in the world will have students that are more interested in partying rather than studying and quite surely a handful of them might blame their university for their falling out but seeing as there is a whole forum buzzing on the insane dealings of IUHS/UEIMS and in-depth details of its poor conditions and functionality, it seems rather unlikely that it is just a meager 'computer person' who failed out that is causing all the commotion.

Antony
06-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Can u pl give information abt d judgment
of supreme court of india about the provisional registration of UEIMS students of indian campus???????? It was due in June 11...... V r much worried about our fate....

Antony
06-21-2011, 01:04 AM
Hey, D final decision was due in June 2011 about the provisional registration and starting internship in India for UEIMS - Indian students? What happened? Can u pl update with this matter....???

Neuro-endo
06-21-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm sorry i don't have any information regarding that matter anymore...especially for the indian campus.
As for the one in Rak...the students that were supposed to be doing their 2 year medical rotation at bombay hospital are grounded; their contract had been nullified for, apparently quite some time...
no idea what their situation is at the moment either...haven't kept in touch with them..

Antony
07-04-2011, 09:35 AM
----- Neuro endo -------------
Can u pl give contact number of persons who studied at Bombay Hosp --- / web add/ ---web group add where can find information????? -------------

Antony
07-04-2011, 09:37 AM
-----Neruo endo --------
will we grant the permanent registration by Indian council?, if not, what options are with us....?--------

TriageModerator
07-04-2011, 10:03 AM
You should contact the Medical Council of India directly. It would have been advisable to have obtained your eligibility certificate from the MCI BEFORE embarking on foreign medical studies..

Antony
07-11-2011, 02:24 AM
I do have Eligibility Certificate. BUt what's it use? It just grant that u r eligible to take admission in bachelor level medical course. BUt what's abt ----------- permanent registration after completing bachelor?????????????
----------will anyone share status of supreme court vs MCI case-----------???

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.