PDA

View Full Version : Unphu

DrDiamond
01-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Why does UNPHU have such a bad reputation on these threads? Besides UNIBE, its the only other school in the DR with an English program and is accepted in all 50 (except Arkansas). Seems like a good school. Why shouldn't I apply? Please advise. Thanks.

Dr. Mixmasta
01-29-2011, 08:02 PM
U should go to DR and visit the schools that interest u. Just one thing , they lost their stafford loans that should tell u something, just saying.

Mxmasta MD

DrDiamond
01-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the reply. I've read a lot of your posts and am fortunate to have you reply. Congratulations on your graduation. If you can think of anything positive about UNPHU, please let me know. There's very little info here.

jabreu1985
02-10-2011, 01:56 PM
I was born in the US (with dominican parents) and I currently attend UNPHU for Densitry (Odontologia). There are a handful of Americans and Europeans who study here and we all realize that it isn't as bad as stated on these posts online

*There IS NO english program in UNPHU (as stated sometimes online) maybe there will be one in the future but not yet!

The only English med program is in UNIBE, but at that price I would rather stay in the United States and not going through hassles here.

Dr. Mixmasta
02-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Yeah, ive written alot havent i...hheheheheee why am i still a junior member :P , well im glad that u like my posts , im just here to help anyone that needs some guidance. I was once like u and i know how it feels to have the dream of becoming a doctor.

For that student that student that states that there is no english program in unphu i dont know to what unphu hes going to, bc i have acouple of friend that they are about to graduate from the english program in unphu.

If u wanna go to unphu to study feel free to go. Now, do i recommend it??? HELL NAHHHH, is it one of the top schools in DR HELL NAH, does it HAVE US FEDERAL LOANS HELL NAHH...
If you have any specific question regarding that school or any other letme know and ill answer ur question. If i dont know the answer ill tell u straight up i dont know , i wont make up some ** like others do in this forum.

CASO CERRADO (heheheee i stole this for a future hopper, i dont know why but i like it :P)

Mixmasta MD

jabreu1985
02-11-2011, 07:51 AM
this guy makes a good point if you block out all his immaturity, you should visit the schools to see which one you like best and which one fits your situation (financially, with language etc...)

I know doctors and dentists who studied and UNPHU, UASD and UCE and are fine and successful practicing in the US, so the school you attend isn't more important than your boards, gpa, etc...

The reason i say there is no english is because I know dozens of people who are american studying here and they were promised an english program which was supposed to be added (in the basic and preclinic cycles) but wasnt

the only place i heard UNPHU dpes have english classes is when you are already past the preclinical stage and are basically doing the "internado" at hospitals etc... but you would still go through 3 years of spanish.

and to Dr. maxipad or whatever, I think its time to change your tampon. I'm in no position to argue with someone who doesn't go to my school, I have other stuff to worry about, with that said good luck to all....

Dr. Mixmasta
02-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Clowns are popping up left and right on this forum, seriously if u dont know just shut the hell up!!!!!!! This Abreu dude, that cant even spell what hes studying........ Denistry hahahaahaha that was funny what DA HELL IS THAT (the study of some guy named Denis????)
Dude if u dont know shut up, dont make up stuff u dont know about. The english class are given when ur in basic sciences (that goes for Unibe as well as Unphu) when u start going to the hospital everything is in spanish , thats why u take spanish as a course!!!!!!!!
Las entregas de guardia, hojas de evolucion del paciente, examenes fisicos, presentaciones todo es en ESPANOL. Why would u speak to a dominican in english..hahaha if there native language is spanish..hahahahaa this guy man is a real joke. That is why some US students, prefer to go to schools like ROSS and SGU bc the rotations are in the US. I have some friends that after basic sciences have transferred out of unibe because of the language problem.

Leaving all jokes aside , if ur a US (my beloved puertorricans friends are included here) or canadian citizen and u wanna study medicine in DR, look into Unibe, Intec, PUCCM THAT IS ALL CASO CERRADO!!!!!!!1

Now if u dont have loans or money, and u really really really wanna study medicine go to la UASD (but i warn u van a pasar trabajo!!!!!)

Now Mr. Abreu, this is a serious forum, if ur gonna come here to call me names at least come up with something good, maxipad????? wooowww that really hurts....perhaps ur lover Mr. Denis might have better ideas :P

If anyone really wants specifics why not to go to unphu just let me know, and in the next post ill write about that.

And for that punk from unibe that states im a school offical im coming after u too fool!!!

Mixmasta MD is out!!!!!!!!

MommyPR
02-14-2011, 08:17 PM
RF****!!!! Mixmasta you definitely made my night tonight!! I've laughed so hard, tears are coming out!!!!

You are going to be one HELL of a doctor! Your patients are going to love you because of your sense of humor and because i just know and feel you will never lose your sensibility to actually identify with what people are feeling!!!

Good luck my friend and when I visit DR with my kids this month I owuld love to meet you and receive more great input from you!!!!

HE DICHO, CASO CERRADO!!!!!! JAAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJA

Dr. Mixmasta
02-15-2011, 01:27 PM
I' ve receive the thanks from many of u, regarding my posts.This is just a quick thanks for ur appreciation. Any of u can msg me, if ur planning on going to DR to study medicine (it doesnt have to be specifically unibe), and also it doesnt have to be school related, it can be also questions like, how do i take my car?, where is it safe to eat?, should i get an apartment or studio?? where?? stuff like that.

For the future unibe students, and specially for mommypr, I left u guys a vid of the school (hopefully , unphu can one day look like this :P)

YouTube - UNIBE Santo Domingo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iecRwCxs2wA)

PeaCE

MIXMASTA MD

egarcia
08-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Dear Dr. Mixmata.
There are a mistake about the language program in UNPHU. At UNPHU, we don´t teach in English. We only teach in Spanish, not only the Premedical, but the Basic Sciences and the Clinical Sciences. We had a project with foreign student, but this project finish two years ago. At this moment, we only teach in Spanish.
Eduardo García, M.D.

Hepatoma
08-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Appreciated Dr. Garcia
what is the process for some one who lives outside the Dominican republic to get his or her transcripts from UNPHU?.
Thanks

egarcia
08-30-2011, 03:58 PM
They have to write to Department of "Registro" Director: Lic. Jeanne Mena Garcia. Is important to sent the full name and the "matricula" number.

e-mail: [email protected]

Idlc
12-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Hi dr. mixmasta,
i ve read all of your forums and everything that you have posted here on this website. Ive spent alot of time on here reading information about Unibe.. so much that i consider it my new facebook haha. any ways I see that you give great advice to people about unibe etc. and was wondering if you could help me out.. i would really appreciate it. I graduated hs 2010 and have been going to a community college and taken some science courses that would be able to transfer to unibe. I visited the school early this year in january and loved it. what i really like about it is that the student have more hands on learning then the U.S. the down fall is that i hear so many bad things about that school on this forum and honeslty i dont know what to believe . i dont want to waste my time and money moving to a complete different country. Both of my parents are dominican so its not like i cant blend in but im very americanized in the sense that ive lived in NY all my life. I really wanna go to this school and do something for my future.. any advice?
THank you

i was going to msg you but since im really new at this it says that i have to post 4 more times in order to that.. i hope u can help me thanks :) )

Dr.Pena
02-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Look Dr.Mixmasta UNPHU to understand that the past due to problems in which UNIBE not. Let me tell you why no college is bad or not. For that matter you mentioned the UASD and brackets mentioned that work is passed. It has all the reason you as a professional respondase now this. Where the best doctors have left the country? Answer: (investigated in depth this answer) on top of the 2nd UASD PUCMM (Santiago) 3rd the 4th UNPHU UCE ... but there is no you do not see mention the name of the university as defended by you UNIBE else is to know whether it is good or not, based on said ridiculeses compare the curriculum.

The campus has UNPHU bigger and better distributed private universities of the Dominican capital is a university that continues to grow and not all is "caritas" has no unibonche calls himself let alone sell the notes;)

do not deny it is a university UNIBE VERY good but first think about things before speaking them
Today, believe it or not UNPHU is number 1 in architecture, medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, pharmacology and chemical engineering.

waiting for answers

washa
02-18-2012, 10:52 AM
UNIBE is not accepted in all states. Check that info with an official from UNIBE.

washa
02-18-2012, 11:08 AM
You just said it! I didnt study in UNPHU, but am telling you, you are 100 % right , some of my friends did, and unfortunatly if you are not able to keep up, you wont be able to finish. You have to study hard. It's an excelent program, recomended 100 %. But remember, for some people, they just want to pass without learning because for some reason they think is gonna be easier to learn all the stuff in the future when they start studying for the boards....NOT! UNPHU, UCE and UASD, are the most hard working students when it comes to do all the job in the hospital ( rotations ). And it has a lot to do with learning, and real desire to become a MD to help people not to make money. Not everybody can b a MD.
Another thing, what's the big deal about spanish, i know people that study in UASD, went there, didn't speak any spanish, at the end, graduated, speaking spanish and currently doing their residency in US. Not bad! and by the way they werent that smart, but learned and graduated it!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.