PDA

View Full Version : St. Christophers answers you will need

attendingmd
01-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Hello,
I looked into St. Chris about 7 or so years ago (wow, maybe 8 now!). I decided against it and attended one of the "big 3". I realized after spending many hours researching these schools that going to this school would have been one of the biggest mistakes I could have made. It really is "above a pizza hut". Its true, you will find an excuse for every terrible thing you read, yet, you will read on and find that it is true. DO NOT BELIEVE THE MODERATORS, they are paid to make the school look better. Lets see if they will answer some questions...

My questions for moderators/school officials are:
1. How many students in the first semester class?
2. What is the average GPA and MCAT (if taken) for the incoming class?
3. How many St. Chris students got a residency this year? In what fields? catgorical?
4. How can an incoming student look up the professors that will be teaching them to take care of sick and dying patients? Does one professor teach multiple classes?
5. What are you labs like? Do you have any labs? Do you have cadavers on campus for dissection?
6. what are you USMLE pass rates and include HOW MANY STUDENTS TOOK THE USMLE?
7. How many board certified graduates do you have in all, from all years, since opening the school (in another UK city) many years ago? In what fields?
8. Can a St. Chris graduate work in the UK as a doctor? (where they will be in basic science class)
9. What problems do St. Chris grads face working in the USA?
10. What states in the USA can St. Chris grads work in?
11. Is the "campus" really some rooms above a pizza hut?
12. What will the current law suits against the school mean for future students?

thanks for answering ALL of these questions honestly.

RobOman
01-24-2011, 12:42 PM
I don't know what kind of axe the OP has to grind with SCIMD but a tremendous number of things have changed for the better over the last 8 years. I don't see how this person thinks anything they have to say has any relevance 8 years later when they never attended the school.

Docfirestein
01-24-2011, 03:56 PM
If by, "big 3," you mean Harvard, Yale, or Johns Hopkins then I can completely understand why you reconsidered going to St. Chris.

If by, "big 3," you mean one of the, "offshore," medical schools in the Caribbean then you've obviously been in the same boat as other posters here. You, for whatever reason (I'm guessing language difficulties might be one?), had difficulty entering a US medical school. So, get off your high horse and chill out.

I would never suggest anyone with better options go to St. Chris or one of your, "big 3." Just saying, "big 3," in reference to schools that are considered to be sub-par by most US institutions makes me laugh out loud. St. Chris graduates, students, and future applicants are well aware of situation that they are in; however, it seems you need a reality check about standards at your own alma mater.

medmanparadise
01-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Moderator: What purpose do inflammatory posts serve? There's nothing positive. Kindly delete this chain. It's clearly in your rules: attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum. Calling it "above a pizza hut" is misleading, saying you are paid is offensive, and the overall theme from this person is to disparage the hard work of St. Chris grads.

attendingmd
01-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Please answer the questions posted above instead of trying to get the thread deleted.
Notice that not one reply dealt with the questions above? only people getting mad.
This is what you will get from this school. either a paid response or requests to "delete" any negative thread.

ANSWER THE QUESTION (HONESTY PLEASE)

oh, and yes, its been 8 years but i still kept up with these schools (especially the one that are straight up scams).

its funny, believe me you would have gone to the "big 3" if you could get in. NO ONE GOES TO ST. CHRIS IF THE GET INTO SGU ,ETC.

Where can you work in the USA and CAN YOU WORK IN THE UK?

answer the questions please!

medmanparadise
01-28-2011, 01:48 PM
attendingmd: there are st christopher graduates practicing in nearly every state. I'm having problems connecting the dots between your level of idiocy, arrogance, and ignorance. I've never seen such profound levels of each in one person, let alone all three in one person. You're incredibly special (pets your head.)

Please answer the questions posted above instead of trying to get the thread deleted.
Notice that not one reply dealt with the questions above? only people getting mad.
This is what you will get from this school. either a paid response or requests to "delete" any negative thread.

ANSWER THE QUESTION (HONESTY PLEASE)

oh, and yes, its been 8 years but i still kept up with these schools (especially the one that are straight up scams).

its funny, believe me you would have gone to the "big 3" if you could get in. NO ONE GOES TO ST. CHRIS IF THE GET INTO SGU ,ETC.

Where can you work in the USA and CAN YOU WORK IN THE UK?

answer the questions please!

Drgeosprint
01-28-2011, 02:25 PM
attendingmd (http://www.valuemd.com/members/attendingmd.html) Seriously, you have the time to watch the school from afar? Can you see St. Chris from your lofty tower? Do you wear a cape and correct injustices from afar? Were you seriously stupid enough to pay exhorbitant (to me) prices for your alleged average medical schooling? Where do you work now? Will you show some proof you actually graduated from medical college? Why not answer these simple questions honestly? Oh that's right, you just love to hate.

Not a student at SGU or ST Chris.

ashvash
02-13-2011, 07:20 AM
Caribbs and sengalese docs are funny!!

SCIMD Official
02-17-2011, 07:55 AM
Just to comment on some of the statements and advice I give to friends about Picking a Medical school...

your first choice should always be a local school in the country you want to practice. If you can't get in....TRY AGAIN... you will be better served in the long run doing a year in a masters or PhD to get into a local school than ANY FMG school.

"big 3" - I get a laugh out of this every time... please don't think that because you're from one of the older bigger carrib FMG schools that you're not an FMG. You are still a second class citizen when you go to the US or Can. I encounter FMGs (from all over the world) all the time in hospitals who get belittled because they're FMGs... If you don't hear it either you haven't been there long enough or you're the FMG they're making fun of.

Picking a FMG school to go to should encompass a few basics.
1- Did you try again to get into a Local school AGAIN.
2- Can you get in to the FMG school (yes a few people have been rejected)
3- can you afford to go (some are more expensive than US schools)
4- Does what ever school you pick allow you to practice where you want to (if it doesn't then don't go there)

Thats it folks.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.