PDA

View Full Version : Which is better Semmelweis or Debrecen?

prakashpatel34
01-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has experience dealing with one or both of these medical schools. I am currently a student at the University of Debrecen, repeating my first year. I have been having difficulties with the University and I am wondering if it is worth it to transfer to Semmelweis. Not by an tuition aspect, but as an educational and lifestyle aspect. Such as: Do the professors teach better? Which university is more difficult?

Etc.

Thanks

african_child
01-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Hi, I may not be the right person to answer your questions but I would like to offer some advice. First, though, I am sorry about you repeating a year. I have a friend who had that misfortune and I know how it broke him.
If I were you and I've already made up my mind to leave Debrecen, I would visit Semmelweis and ask some of the international students there on their assessment of their school. As I hear, the international students' body over there is nothing like the lame one we have here in Debrecen and they're always willing to help. But like I said, I have never travelled to Semmelwes, I was told this by a student who has now finished Debrecen.
Anyway, I would respectfully advice you to consider your decision very thoroughly as changing schools within Hungary might not be the solution. Hungarians will forever be Hungarians, even if they're in Budapest.
If you're really really bent on leaving Debrecen, then I'd advice you to consider other countries.
But please, just know that this crucial decision lies with you.
I wish you the best in your endavours.
Best regards :)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.