PDA

View Full Version : I AM CONFUSED!!(admission)

pdy930124
01-12-2011, 08:47 PM
I am an international student studying in Canada. Im Korean and I plan to

apply for the three universities other than Debrecen. Debrecen has this

policy that if you have Korean citizenship, even though I have been living

in Canada for 8 years, I have to apply at BMC Korea. For the people who

doesn't know what BMC Korea is, I don't have an answer because they

are so conplicated. Anyways my questions are...

1. Entrance Exams

I have heard it is not 30 course level. I mean it has some university level

Chem and Bio. I just don't get this. Does that mean a normal

highschool student who studies hard just can't pass this exam? I guess

people can just say '*sigh* just go to another university.... kids these

days...'

But I really need this. Basically in Canada, no actually in Alberta, you take

science 10 and then bio 20 and 30... and diploma (kinda like SAT). So Im

studying for 20 and 30 and going in depth. Would that help? I want to hear

you guys' story. How should I study?

2. Who to trust in these cruel days

I came across this contact, Ms Julia Barta at study in hungary site. It said

contact for Canada and her information. I emailed her and she told me that

I have to submit my application through her. To Toronto. And when I get accepted

then I can take the entrance exam in Toronto which I can apply with, to the

three universities.

But then I also contacted Korean representive. I emailed them and they

said that it sounds fishy that I have to take it in Toronto and that

last year 3 students from Canada took it in Korea. And they also said that

I had to send my application through them. However.... I strongly got the impression

that they were trying to make me enrol in one of their "pre med" courses.

This is understandable because they make profit by putting people in courses.

Pre med courses, what I heard at least, are basically bunch of Korean

people flying over to Hungary to studyfrom Jan till entrance exam which is

in June. It's 10000 USD (excluding living expences!!) and I am in no

condition to take that course.

Man... I just want to hear how you guys have applied and got accepted.

Or is my case really uncommon? This is seriously like my first thread ever

in my life. Ive never commented or anything like that on anywhere. I dont

wanna be scarred for life by you guys not replying haha. Anyways thank you

for reading this long thread and I really really hope someone replys with their story X)

cute_ayam
05-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Hey why don't you try Romanian med schools... Check out www(dot)medschoolconstanta(dot)com

Snapsnap
05-30-2011, 06:24 AM
I applied straight to Pecs myself & got accepted. Most people go through agents, there is a page somewhere ... something along the lines of studyhungary (google it) with a list of all the credible agents out there. Or do what I did, contact the university yourself. Sometimes you have to send a few emails to get a reply but you'll eventually get one :)

sweet_mahsa
06-02-2011, 10:05 AM
yes but the thing with that is you have to go to hungary to do the entrance exam and interview, if you go through an agent they arrange it for you in your home town. also there isnt any extra charge.

Snapsnap
06-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Yep this is true. I was exempt from exams etc so I would guess going through an agent is easier. I'm pretty sure they have agents in the US & Canada & sit entrance exams there too no ?

sweet_mahsa
06-02-2011, 12:58 PM
ya they do have agents in Canada and the US... they can arrange exams and interviews here.. they go through your application, once they have a certain amount of people they get the representatives to come down from hungary.

saleemjawad
06-23-2011, 06:22 AM
can anyone please help...i suggest finished 12th grade high school. I am appearing in the Debrecen medical entrance test in Dubai. But I need practice exams.

melvoi
06-25-2011, 11:38 AM
The test is a ripoff u do not have to study at all, you do not have to pass!! you just have to say I want to save d world n help the world n you receive n acceptance letter in 2 weeks! i paid $400 for mine, through an agent!

brb
09-11-2012, 03:17 AM
the agent thing isnt really fishy... and what did you end up choosing..just curious

devildoc8404
09-11-2012, 05:39 AM
For the amount that most people are paying to an agent, you could easily fly to the school, complete the application process, tour the city for a couple of days, meet some future colleagues and professors, visit some classes to make sure it is worth your time, and fly home... and still save yourself a few thousand dollars.

FWIW, I am not studying in Hungary... but I'm in Bulgaria, and that is exactly what I did. The application process isn't rocket science, and applicants should be aware that a significant percentage of these "agencies" are complete and utter crap.

parmidas
09-11-2012, 08:34 PM
oh my gosh yay! I cant believe your also from alberta! I am going to semmelweis hopefully in sep because people scared me of the entrance exam so im applying for a loan to take the 6 mmonth premed course at mcdanials college in budapest.
I would not recommend at agent since i know someone who really got ripped off -

now the problem is that mcdanials college is not accepted by canada loan so i am just waiting for them to approve the school first.
the cost i calculated will be around 15000$ for the 6 month including living expenses and such.
let me know how it goes!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.