PDA

View Full Version : St. Chris Education Evaluation for Post Doctoral Research

medmanparadise
01-11-2011, 04:59 PM
I am seeking an education evaluation such that I can do post doctoral research. I have had a problem in getting this because of St. Chris' problems with the GMC.

However, I have finally found a company that will complete this for me (and possibly the rest of the student/graduate population.) They are requesting one document that has information showing accreditation of the school with the Ministry of Education in Senegal.

Is this something that is readily available? If we can get this done, more students will be able to seek post doctoral research, education, and employment in the U.S. utilizing their St. Christopher's credentials.

Thanks.

RobOman
01-12-2011, 08:15 AM
Would this be enough?

http://stchris.edu/images/letter.png

I can send you the full resolution, original PDF of this probably in a few days. It's in my digital archive somewhere.

SCIMD Official
01-12-2011, 09:53 AM
if you need a letter similar to the above this is done regularly through the school in senegal, simply contact them and it should be done.

Docfirestein
01-12-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm currently applying to PhD programs, and I've been having the same problem with credential reports. I've spent about $300 a piece at World Education Services and Educational Perspectives.

I've currently got a few applications due this weekend, the 15th - so any quick help to boost my application would be much appreciated. What credential evaluators are you going through? I'm more than willing to do the 1 day rush order, if this works for you.

medmanparadise
01-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Docfirestein, PM me your contact information. I've paid for 4 and finally found one that would do it. I know exactly what you're going thru.

Docfirestein
01-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Awesome!!! You're the answer to my prayers! I've been so bogged down with worry over the past couple months... I'm sure you can relate.

Docfirestein
01-12-2011, 04:52 PM
I need to increase my post count before I can PM you.

Docfirestein
01-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Apologies for the spam posts.

Just need 1 more before I can PM.

medmanparadise
01-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Robo,

Is there a more recent declaration by the Department of Education of Senegal?

Would this be enough?

http://stchris.edu/images/letter.png

I can send you the full resolution, original PDF of this probably in a few days. It's in my digital archive somewhere.

RobOman
01-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Not of which I am aware. I doubt there is, there wouldn't really be any reason for any further proclamations.

Docfirestein
01-20-2011, 03:34 PM
To others interested in an evaluation, I just wanted to mention that evaluation firm mentioned by medmanparadise earlier on (Educational Records Evaluation Service) was a no go unfortunately. I still haven't heard from medman how or if they'll do his evaluation, but I'll copy & paste the response they gave me:

We have reviewed the records submitted, as well as made use of other sources including information from the ECFMG website as well as various State websites, and unfortunately we have decided not to proceed in reviewing your records. Though the institution is listed in the IMED website, as well as on the AVICENNA website, there seems to be too much controversy surrounding the institution for our agency to be ultimately comfortable enough to issue and evaluation. Please note also that the school is listed by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board as an institution whose “degrees are illegal to use in Texas”. We recognize that this communication may be painful for you and do acknowledge that St. Christopher graduates have been known to obtain residency placements in the U.S. in some states, including Michigan. However the current controversy surrounding the school’s accreditation at this point necessarily precludes us from being able to proceed with an evaluation.

We regret having to inform you of this decision, and wish you the best of luck in any and all endeavors you choose to undertake.

RobOman
01-21-2011, 09:35 AM
This is an unfortunate turn of circumstance. I had hoped to use their service in the future.

Docfirestein
01-21-2011, 04:31 PM
This is quite frustrating. These companies have set themselves up as the experts in order to make money. So many institutions rely on them for judgement toward us, yet I am unsure why they insist on discrediting a school that is already accredited by the main medical licensing organization in this country. I had one evaluation corporation go so far as to say that it would be illegal for me to use my credentials for purposes of licencing. I'm not sure when their authority suddenly superseded the ECFMG in this respect, but it would be quite laughable if I didn't need their help in order to obtain a research position. I wonder if it would be worth getting the ECFMG involved and showing them that these private organizations are discrediting their judgement. Perhaps they might not even care... I kinda feel a bit discarded.

attendingmd
01-24-2011, 12:23 PM
I think you have missunderstood the USA and licensure. YOU CAN NOT WORK IN MANY STATES IN THE USA. ECFMG is not your golden ticket. f you "involve the ECFMG" you risk actually getting the school taken off the ECFMG list...you will not get anything positive, only negative if they actually look into your school. your school must fit into the mold of a "real" medical school. You will have many problems in the future. Best bet would be to re-apply to medical school (in the USA or "big 3") start over and then continue on in you life a doctor without all these hassles. It is really hard to hear this because you paid St. Chris so much money for something useless, but you have to move on if you want to be a doctor!

RobOman
01-24-2011, 12:36 PM
You couldn't be more wrong. The ECFMG went over SCIMD top to bottom back when the feces first hit the fan and they gave us the OK. Nothing to be concerned about in that regard.

Tipton
01-24-2011, 12:48 PM
I think you have missunderstood the USA and licensure.

You're misinterpreting the issue here. A credential evaluating agency in the US is refusing to evaluate and report on St. Chris transcripts due to the licensing and accreditation issues St. Chris has/had. Normally this would be a rubber stamp sort of process in which the agency simply reports on the coursework, credit, grades and level of the education reflected on a student's transcript along with the accreditation of the institution. This last category has become a sticking issue with the agency. Apparently they don't feel qualified to reflect the current, valid accreditation of St. Chris as is recognized through IMED/FAIMER.

Docfirestein
01-24-2011, 01:44 PM
I think you have missunderstood the USA and licensure. YOU CAN NOT WORK IN MANY STATES IN THE USA. ECFMG is not your golden ticket. f you "involve the ECFMG" you risk actually getting the school taken off the ECFMG list...you will not get anything positive, only negative if they actually look into your school. your school must fit into the mold of a "real" medical school. You will have many problems in the future. Best bet would be to re-apply to medical school (in the USA or "big 3") start over and then continue on in you life a doctor without all these hassles. It is really hard to hear this because you paid St. Chris so much money for something useless, but you have to move on if you want to be a doctor!

RobOman is correct. The ECFMG has already scrutinized St. Chris and deemed it worthy of being a, "real," medical school, for whatever that's worth.

As for not working in many states, that is true; however, you can work in many states as well.

As far as money spent is concerned, that's not the main issue. I can always make more money. The years spent earning this degree however, I'll never get back.

As for re-applying to medical school, why would I want to do that? Perhaps you should re-read the thread from the beginning. Although you may, "continue on in you life a doctor without all these hassles," of the English language, it's perfectly acceptable to use translate.google.com when writing on forums.

medmanparadise
01-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Roboman: with all due respect, ECFMG didn't put SCIMD under the microscope, WHO did. When WHO says a school is ok, ECFMG follows suit. Period.

Docfirestein: The evaluation services denied your evaluation not because of your St. Christopher's background but rather because of your colorful history prior to St. Christopher's. I spoke to the evaluator on your case and to the president of the company.

I really don't know anything further about your case and others like it; but if you want to toss up your transcripts, I'm certain we could all help elucidate where this company was coming from.

I'm really interested in finding people that want to promote St. Christopher's IMD and their diplomas. If you're on board, PM me.

Tipton
01-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Roboman: with all due respect, ECFMG didn't put SCIMD under the microscope, WHO did. When WHO says a school is ok, ECFMG follows suit. Period.

Incorrect. WHO (which hasn't published their list since 2002?) is simply a list of medical schools. IMED/FAIMER listing is completely independent. WHO would be insignificant if some States didn't include their listing in licensing regulations.

RobOman
01-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Tipton is correct. Anyone can check the archives here to prove what I am posting is correct and accurate. The ECFMG itself went over SCIMD with a fine-tooth comb, the founder of the school actually came over from Senegal and met with the officials at the ECFMG. He personally handed them every single document they requested from him and the minister of education in Senegal. If I remember correctly, less than 48 hrs. after the meeting the ECFMG gave SCIMD two thumbs up and immediately began processing all requests for ECFMG certification for grads, as well as USMLE applications.

Docfirestein
01-28-2011, 08:11 AM

Docfirestein: The evaluation services denied your evaluation not because of your St. Christopher's background but rather because of your colorful history prior to St. Christopher's. I spoke to the evaluator on your case and to the president of the company.

I really don't know anything further about your case and others like it; but if you want to toss up your transcripts, I'm certain we could all help elucidate where this company was coming from.

I'm really interested in finding people that want to promote St. Christopher's IMD and their diplomas. If you're on board, PM me.

I'll PM you now.

I'm guessing from what you're saying, is that they refused my evaluation because I transferred in from Kigezi? I copied their response to me earlier in the thread. Why didn't they just say that instead of talking about Texas? I'm very confused.

Docfirestein
01-28-2011, 09:49 AM
I must offer an apology to Medmanparadise. I've posed great disrespect toward him, and the evaluation service provided.

It is good to hear that others may be able to further their careers with evaluations obtained through the leg work done by Medman.

I wish no further harm towards others from St. Chris. I kindly remove myself from this community.

RobOman
01-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Hey, don't leave. I hope someone didn't try to scare you away. If so, that's not cool.

medmanparadise
01-28-2011, 01:22 PM
I've got no problems with Docfirestein. I've just learned that blindly helping people doesn't always help our own positions.

RobOman
01-28-2011, 04:06 PM
...I've just learned that blindly helping people doesn't always help our own positions.This is an unfortunate reality. Is Educational Records Evaluation Service still willing to work with SCCM/SCIMD grads? If not, that would be a major blow to grads that need evaluations.

rossi
02-03-2011, 08:14 PM
___
_________

RobOman
02-17-2011, 08:21 AM
SCIMD Official, can you contact ERES and find out if they are still willing to work with SCCM/SCIMD grads? MedMan seems to have disappeared from this forum. I thought a school official contacting them might yield a better result than just some random student contacting them for information.

enjones
02-20-2014, 05:31 AM
I am seeking an education evaluation such that I can do post doctoral research. I have had a problem in getting this because of St. Chris' problems with the GMC.

However, I have finally found a company that will complete this for me (and possibly the rest of the student/graduate population.) They are requesting one document that has information showing accreditation of the school with the Ministry of Education in Senegal.

Is this something that is readily available? If we can get this done, more students will be able to seek post doctoral research, education, and employment in the U.S. utilizing their St. Christopher's credentials.

Thanks.

Hello,
I know this has been a while but can you tell me the accrediting agency? having the same problem.
Thanks

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.