PDA

View Full Version : Hungary or no Hungary ??

Snapsnap
01-05-2011, 06:07 AM
Hi there,

I'm a graduate from Ireland & I've recently been looking into studying Medicine in Hungary this coming September. From reading through these forums and looking at the websites, I'm really confused as to what is the better University in terms of living , nightlife etc etc. I'd really appreciate any info (good or bad) about the different unis, which may give me a better idea. I'd really rather go to a busier city to live as thats what I'm used to & I think it may make it easier to adapt to life over there.

Cheers

brusmani
01-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Budapest is definitely the best option if You want to live in a bigger city.I also think itīs easier to get used to the culture in a multi cultural city than if You go to a small city like Pecs for example.As for the Universities in Hungary,they all follow pretty much the same syllabus,so,itīs really diffiult to tell which one is the best.Szeged is better ranked and itīs said to be the best in Hungary(overall),for medicine alone,Iīve heard that Semmelweis has a great reputation abroad and in central western European countries such as Germany and Austria.In the past,many countries in Wester Europe used to import doctors from Budapest.Iīd choose Szeged just because itīs better ranked,but If You are also worried about nightlife and things to do on your spare time,Iīd say...go to Budapest.One other thing...I think itīs easier to find accommodation in Budapest than in other cities in Hungary,also,itīs easier to get to budapest since there are direct flights from and to everywhere whereas if You go to a smaller city,Youīd depend on trains etc...Not speaking any single word in Hungarian I wouldnīt like to run any risks.Good luck with Your decision and Iīm sure Youīll be fine wherever You graduate.It all depends on the effort You put in.

african_child
01-07-2011, 02:33 AM
The best advice, as always, is to visit the universities (and the respective town) yourself. You live in Europe, this pretty much makes it lot easier (with budget flights & whatnot). If you have the wherewithal and time, visit the schools you're interested in to see things for yourself. Trust me, foreign students here will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
However, in the event that paying a visit is not feasible. Then brusmani has pretty much said all there is to say.
Good luck!

african_doctor
02-19-2011, 09:42 AM
@African Child, What country did you come from in Africa? Because I was born and raised in Nigeria, but I live in the U.S now. I am palnning on Applying to Semmelweis and Szeged this fall 2011. What do you think? is this a different experience for you and what is the level of education there compared to African medical schools?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.