PDA

View Full Version : please excuse my ignorance

lormak
01-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Excuse ignorance

Can someone fill me in with regards to whats happening in medicine 2014 in the States and Oz, I have scanned a few threads which mention 2014 is bad news.

MightyMice
01-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Excuse ignorance

Can someone fill me in with regards to whats happening in medicine 2014 in the States and Oz, I have scanned a few threads which mention 2014 is bad news.

Not sure about the Ozzies, but in regards to the States, some med schools have increased their enrollment numbers so they are graduating more students around 2014/2015...also there are more med schools opening up whose first graduating class is 2015 (and some more that are a few more years away from being opened but probably will be by the end of this decade). Since AMGs are given a huge preference for residency placements, it will make it more difficult to match (especially the popular fields such as radiology, dermatology, opthomology, surgery, anesthesia) Unless you are willing to go into primary care at a community program (family medicine/pediatrics/internal medicine) or psychiatry...the competition will be fierce!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.