PDA

View Full Version : Laptop issue

Ryanodine
12-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi Guys,

So the laptop I was planning on using at Saba, saw it's warranty expire recently. More importantly, I have an issue with the transfer of power from battery-to-laptop in that even brand new batteries don't work in the laptop. As a result, for the last few weeks I have had to use the laptop only when plugged in. While somewhat inconvenient, I have coped.

My question is are places in the classroom and library (everywhere where it is required for working on) to plug in? Or is the idea of coming to Saba with a battery-less laptop completely off the deep end?

In a nutshell, I don't want to buy a new computer. If I have to, Boxing Day sales!

Thanks.

Fluxkpacitor
12-23-2010, 10:35 PM
There are power bars for plugging in laptops in both the 1st semester classroom as well as the library.

awelchnp
12-24-2010, 05:39 AM
Make SURE you bring a spare power cord. :)

destined2b
12-24-2010, 10:44 AM
I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro labtop and would like to know if you've had any issues with or know of anyone who've had trouble with their Toshiba.

SkylineR34X
12-24-2010, 02:01 PM
I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro labtop and would like to know if you've had any issues with or know of anyone who've had trouble with their Toshiba.

I've heard computer that failed from Lenovo, to HP to Macbook. The most being hard drive failure or power bar failure (as a result of power surges). Both are independent of the manufacture of the laptop. So it's really your luck. Toshiba doesn't make harddrive, it's mostly Seagate, which supplies most laptop companies including HP and Mac.

sgMD
12-24-2010, 10:50 PM
bring a spare laptop and a surge protector... end of story!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.