PDA

View Full Version : Charles Uni

PatientlyWaiting
12-09-2010, 08:28 PM
couple of questions

On completion of a medical degree, would I be able to transfer back to the UK?

At the end of the first year, are all those who cannot demonstrate a degree of fluency in Czech failed?

What are the difference between 1st 2nd and 3rd fac. and which runs the English language course?

Also, I have been reading some posts by some resident users, who clearly express they are having a miserable time. What is this down to? The country, the teaching, the Czechs? or just the workload?

PatientlyWaiting
12-09-2010, 08:38 PM
also what is the average age of 1st years

bitebullet1
12-10-2010, 05:29 AM
couple of questions

On completion of a medical degree, would I be able to transfer back to the UK?

At the end of the first year, are all those who cannot demonstrate a degree of fluency in Czech failed?

What are the difference between 1st 2nd and 3rd fac. and which runs the English language course?

Also, I have been reading some posts by some resident users, who clearly express they are having a miserable time. What is this down to? The country, the teaching, the Czechs? or just the workload?

Hi,im not in charles uni(im in dental school in ireland),but seeing as iv read a lot about it here and seeing as shrey is the only student who takes the time to answer here ill try help u,although its based on what iv been told rather than expereinced

yes,u can go back to the uk and will likely get a job,although ur credentials will always be in question cos u qualified abroad.

Afaik,all u need to be able to do is take patient histories.i think u have to pass an exam in czech to move onto 2nd year although not completely sure

They all run english language courses.1st and 2nd are similar in that they use a systems based approach while 3rd uses a pbl approach and it can be a bit disorganised from what i hear.
1st is the only one with Califonia approval,so toughest to get into

A combination i would say.The workload being a big one.its much more than what u would expreience in a uk school

shrey
05-11-2011, 12:31 AM
also what is the average age of 1st years

Usually between 21-23. The Indians I've met here usually enter med school when they're 17/18 but the rest of the guys are in their early/mid 20s.

Patient Waiting, I think bitebullet has given you a rather concise yet accurate description to your questions. But regarding attaining fluency in Czech, it's not at all required. You just need to pass the exam at the end of the 3rd year (which focuses on Intermediate conversational Czech + medical czech)

MrBones
06-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Regarding czech: By the end of 3rd year you will have an exam in czech.....and so far it was not a big deal to pass it. This is not true anymore and I urge everybody to take czech seriously.

gonzalez7
06-20-2011, 05:51 AM
Regarding czech: By the end of 3rd year you will have an exam in czech.....and so far it was not a big deal to pass it. This is not true anymore and I urge everybody to take czech seriously.

Could you give more details on how hard the test is, are retakes of this allowed and how strict are they if you fail???

shrey
06-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Could you give more details on how hard the test is, are retakes of this allowed and how strict are they if you fail???

The exam is really not that hard and I've not heard of anyone failing it in the first attempt. Nevertheless, like Mr.Bones said, I would urge you to take it seriously as it will immensely help you with communicating with the patients.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.