PDA

View Full Version : Questions Regarding The Muslim Students Association (MSA)

Confused 20
12-07-2010, 09:24 PM

Idiots
12-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Personal communications should not be posted....

rokshana
12-12-2010, 04:26 PM
well, you would only have to give him the 1st semesters worth of answers, since he doesn't have funding past that...

Idiots
12-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Seriously, who does this guy think he is, contacting me privately trying to get answers for tests from me? I've never cheated on a test at Saba, and I have no intention of helping some joker I've never met do it.

rokshana
12-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Seriously, who does this guy think he is, contacting me privately trying to get answers for tests from me?

well, he posted that he has something like a 3.8 avg, applied to saba and then when saba told him to take the mcat (just to have it on record), randomly filled it in, got something like a 12 and then when saba rejected his app for FA, realized he was screwed and started asking about transferring to sgu, auc, ross (schools that all required a real attempt at the MCAT as well as physics as a prereq)....my assessment? if his stats are true, guy with a lot of book sense, but short on the common sense...

what? you think that just because you delete all your posts that people don't remember??

Confused 20
12-12-2010, 06:49 PM

rokshana
12-12-2010, 07:39 PM

lolololololololol!

Idiots
12-12-2010, 08:05 PM
*sigh*
Now I get a friendly message from ValueMD claiming that someone has unsuccessfully tried to log into my account 5 times. Want to know who I suspect? Take a guess. Could it be Confused20? Who do I contact to see if this joker had been trying to hack my account? Most importantly, how can I ensure I never come in contact with this individual in a professional or semi-professional capacity... ever?

Confused 20
12-12-2010, 08:19 PM

rokshana
12-12-2010, 08:59 PM
*sigh*
Now I get a friendly message from ValueMD claiming that someone has unsuccessfully tried to log into my account 5 times. Want to know who I suspect? Take a guess. Could it be Confused20? Who do I contact to see if this joker had been trying to hack my account? Most importantly, how can I ensure I never come in contact with this individual in a professional or semi-professional capacity... ever?

well...maybe you could talk to saba admissions...after all he hasn't actually started....and deleted doesn't necessarily mean unable to recover...

seattle
12-12-2010, 10:17 PM
I hope that you two gentlemen would be so kind as to stay on topic.

A quick review of the forum topics this evening.....a few comments on the recent posts:

There are plenty of Muslim students attending Saba and you will find a strong, friendly group on the island that I am sure will welcome you as a new student.

Now switching gears, there was an incident a few semesters ago where several students had cheated on the Pathology block 1 exam because test questions had been recycled from previous semesters (and as one may guess, students passed on these questions to new students).

What is important to note (and I will say this with total confidence because I have received feedback from faculty on this issue) is that professors are very aware that recycling exam questions can result in individuals memorizing questions and providing them to subsequent semesters. Hence, block exam questions are NOW re-written many times, eliminating the desire to gain access to previous semester questions.

Cheating in medical school does NOT pay off for those students who did cheat on the Pathology I exam in semester 5 found themselves with a failure on the NBME comprehensive exam at the end of the semester. There are no short-cuts in medicine seems all too obvious to even state here on this forum but again if one cannot gain the knowledge through hard work it will come back to haunt on the standardized exam such as NBME and USMLE.

rokshana
12-12-2010, 11:10 PM
I hope that you two gentlemen would be so kind as to stay on topic.

one, the topic is...how can i get answers to the exams at saba, since i heard that msa has access to them, so on topic....and i dunno about idiots, but i'm a girl, thank you.

buddababa
12-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Like! (since there's no "like" button like on facebook)

one, the topic is...how can i get answers to the exams at saba, since i heard that msa has access to them, so on topic....and i dunno about idiots, but i'm a girl, thank you.

rs27
12-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Lol he PMed me the same thing...I just laughed.

Dr Coconut
12-14-2010, 04:55 PM
*sigh*

I have a solution for you - Confused20 used to post his entire CV on this forum. He'd post it, ask what his chances for admission were, delete it after going off on someone in an aggressive manner, lay low for a couple months, and then return to VMD and ask again what his chances were with his CV. Anyway the following reference is available online:

"Multi-Component Evaluation to Minimize the Spread of Aquatic Invasive Seaweeds, Harmful Algal Bloom, Microalgae, and Invertebrates via the Live Bait Vector in Long Island Sound."

On page 20, the assisting undergraduates are listed. He's one of the two from the college that sounds like the Canadian Territory "Yukon".

How do I know that? Yukon is the only consistency on the other paper his CV listed - available through a paper published in Biol Invasions (2008). 10:985-8.

darkmansaad
12-14-2010, 05:19 PM
I remember this fool. I thought my treatment of him would have made him leave the forums. Guess I was wrong. But I have laughed quite hard reading rokshana's posts and the last few. Hilarious.

Idiots
12-14-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm mostly insulted he thought he could hack my account by just guessing random passwords. Buddy, just because you're a bloody git, doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to make my password "password". Give me a little more credit than that.

maladdy85
12-14-2010, 10:01 PM
wow, I don't know what is scarier (or more fascinating), the fact that I may end up in class with this person, or that they may end up responsible for the care of other people........

Confused, if you were good enough to get into Saba, then you possess the ability to pass by your OWN hard work. Have a little faith in your intelligence. However, you need to calm down and stop posting and pm-ing like a crazy person. You are making a terrible impression on your future classmates/professional peers, who all have the deductive skills to figure out who you are.

RELAX!!!!!

Dr Coconut
12-19-2010, 09:33 AM
wow, I don't know what is scarier (or more fascinating), the fact that I may end up in class with this person, or that they may end up responsible for the care of other people........

Confused, if you were good enough to get into Saba, then you possess the ability to pass by your OWN hard work. Have a little faith in your intelligence. However, you need to calm down and stop posting and pm-ing like a crazy person. You are making a terrible impression on your future classmates/professional peers, who all have the deductive skills to figure out who you are.

RELAX!!!!!

I think it goes beyond "relaxing" for this character. With a name and a face, the anonymity of his desire to obtain documents to help him excel at test-taking is gone. I for one don't feel a great deal of sympathy - there is no room in our profession for one who wishes to practice medicine via the easiest route possible. This is especially true when that route is to obtain documents that will allow you to ace exams because you know some of the questions ahead of time. That's called cheating and it lacks integrity. Our profession is based on integrity and, for better or for worse, we are the only ones who can maintain or destroy that integrity. And the series of PMs sent around by the individual in question and posted by some forum members indicate this potential med student would engage in some behaviors that would reflect negatively on our profession and us, by association.

So, I think we are past "relaxing". I think we are at "think long and hard". Maybe medicine is not for this individual - if you are choosing poorly when faced with this not-so-difficult decision (i.e. do I study long and hard or do I get underground documents with test material on them), what is going to happen in clinical settings when things really get tough? What's going to happen when you've screwed up there? We will all make mistakes but how we deal with them speaks volumes. Is that tough decision going to be the one that is made correctly? Or will the status quo set by this incident continue? I don't want my integrity questioned because of the behavior of my (potential, in this case) fellow Saba graduates. And I doubt I am alone in this sentiment.

Confused 20
12-19-2010, 10:40 AM

Dr Coconut
12-19-2010, 10:46 AM
user can't play nice...

Point proven. Thank you for the assistance.

Confused 20
12-19-2010, 10:54 AM

Dr Coconut
12-19-2010, 11:01 AM
user can't play nice....

First: YUp. So i get your point - yoU're ticked oFF. Second: Anyway, Being Directly hostile is Unproductive.

Confused 20
12-19-2010, 11:12 AM

Dr Coconut
12-19-2010, 11:19 AM
user can't play nice...

Keep digging. That professional grave isn't quite deep enough yet.

Confused 20
12-19-2010, 11:23 AM

Dr Coconut
12-19-2010, 12:00 PM
user can't play nice....

You're not worried but you are quickly deleting your posts. Curious.

Confused 20
12-19-2010, 12:12 PM

Confused 20
12-19-2010, 12:16 PM

Confused 20
12-19-2010, 12:19 PM
snitches get stitches!

Confused 20
12-19-2010, 12:27 PM

swimchick
12-19-2010, 12:29 PM
This thread has gone way off topic and will now be closed.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.