PDA

View Full Version : the truth about IUHS from student who was there.

IUHS student
07-14-2004, 05:38 PM
I was under the impression the people who post here with negative remarks were just one or two people who has some bad experience with IUHS. I was a student at IUHS until May 2003. I did about 3 semesters at the school starting in August 2002. I want to help someone out there with the honest truth about IUHS thatís why I am writing this.
When I went to IUHS in August I was taken back by the "the house" we call a school. Then I was also taken back by the fact my incoming class was 10 students, out of which only 6 of us were new students. Within a few days we lost 2 students. I was ready to transfer too but I gave it a two week chance. Things were not bad. I had one teacher who I thought was amazing. HE taught us everything and that was the reason for me to stay. I liked the island and for the most part students were mature (with exceptions). The staff was pretty good. Always there for u and willing to work with you.
Well this May things changed.
The teacher who was good, he was gone. He is no longer part of the school. Our principal resigned and then there was 2 teachers left who clear could not run a medical school without support. Yes you read right, we had 2 teachers to give us a medical education. When I first came in I already thought we were limited on campus with the number of teachers we had. We wanted more but no one listened to us.
The school asked me to give them a few weeks before I left so because I felt a loyalty to a few people (very few) in IUHS staff and I stayed a few more weeks. They said they will replace teacher in 2 weeks and itís been months now. The school is a scam. When the fall out with teachers occurred they promised many things and have delivered on nothing. The truth is IUHS does not have anything that attract teachers to thier on campus program. They dont have students and they dont have a real campus or anything else to attract GOOD teachers. They are under new management and the problem with the old management according to what I was told was they were a scam. They lied and took advantage of students.
The online and on campus program were always in competition with one another even though it was one school. It was not the students who were in competition but teachers. On line teachers vs. on campus, the quest to find out who can produce the best student. The online students were given questions to exams. You have one exam for a block (2 blocks in one semester) The questions were always from a test bank so if you memorized or did enough question you can get a 50 ( which is passing by the way)
The new management's problem is one man runs the show and he does not want to share power. He is teacher, administrator and everything else for the school. The last block I was in I was not given a syllabus and when I was it was a joke. He has no time to do everything and he is really not that good. IUHS is 5 years old yet they have not established a good on campus program. On campus we have class from 9-12 everyday. NO LABS! NO DEPTH in teachers.
They donít have an incoming class larger than 10. After my class it was 3 students out of which one is still at IUHS. Out of the 10 students who were part of my class there is 2 people left at IUHS. EVERYONE ELSE LEFT!! If thatís not a warning sign then I donít know what is. There is a total of 3 students on campus right now. Unless IUHS makes some serious changes it sucks as a school. You will have problems with getting your license and on top of that you will have to deal with the dramas of a small school which means you will feel the affect of school politics. ( which means less time studying for USMLE)
IUHS will need some time before it can become a good school and it needs someone good to lead it. So far no good leader has emerged.
I am at a real medical school now and I understand what I missed out in IUHS. I learned physiology in my 3 semesters at IUHS and I was a good student too (some one who spend many hours studying). Why pay IUHS thousands of dollars only to teach yourself everything anyway. I realize now I have gaps in anatomy, histology, biochemistry and all the other subjects. There is no foundation taught and because of that you donít understand what you are taught, you just memorize.
There are some great support staff in IUHS and I have love them and I have loyalty to them but IUHS leaders ( ones in power) are scam artists trying to make money by giving minimal education.

IUHS need to shut down until they get teachers that are good and get a real school going.
They make promises and offer tution reduction but in the end you get the raw deal!

any more information needed contact me.. I will give you honest answers to IUHS.. I will post more information on what to ask IUHS and details about online program if anyone is really thinking about going to IUHS.. :wink:

XYZ
07-14-2004, 06:32 PM
THANKS . THAT WAS REALLY INFORMATIVE. SINCE YOUVE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH AND SAY THAT YOU ARE NOW AT A GOOD MED SCHOOL, WHAT IS THE SCHOOL THAT YOU CONSIDER 'GOOD' ?

i APPPRECIATE YOUR TREATISE .
:D

lwstokes
07-15-2004, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the info I was considering IUHS, but I think I will re-think that decision. What school did you transfer to?

IUHS student
07-15-2004, 04:26 PM
I have been asked to name the school which I go to. After thinking about it I think its best not to promote any school. I really do love it where I am but I have been here for only a few months. I only wrote about IUHS because I was thinking about how I was mislead with IUHS and wasted my time there. I just wanted to help some one out there from making the same mistake. IUHS needs to establish itself because any one thinks of going there. When looking at caribbean school look at the track record and find out about thier leadership's capablity to bring in teachers.
:roll:

maximillian genossa
07-20-2004, 09:39 PM
You have posted the most responsible written, fact informing, non-trash talking feedback on IUHS that I have ever seen. As an ex-IUHS student myself I know you told the truth. Good luck mate!

Genossa

lswiltshire
03-17-2005, 09:00 AM
but the truth about IUHS was properly and comletely told on the old fora by one who has been associated with the best school in the whole region, from August 2002-April 2003.

No one listened.

The posts then also included snippets from students in the online program

The post by Genossa is therefore just junk

Ming
05-20-2005, 05:47 PM
I was under the impression the people who post here with negative remarks were just one or two people who has some bad experience with IUHS. I was a student at IUHS until May 2003. I did about 3 semesters at the school starting in August 2002. I want to help someone out there with the honest truth about IUHS thatís why I am writing this.
When I went to IUHS in August I was taken back by the "the house" we call a school. Then I was also taken back by the fact my incoming class was 10 students, out of which only 6 of us were new students. Within a few days we lost 2 students. I was ready to transfer too but I gave it a two week chance. Things were not bad. I had one teacher who I thought was amazing. HE taught us everything and that was the reason for me to stay. I liked the island and for the most part students were mature (with exceptions). The staff was pretty good. Always there for u and willing to work with you.
The teacher who was good, he was gone. He is no longer part of the school. Our principal resigned and then there was 2 teachers left who clear could not run a medical school without support. Yes you read right, we had 2 teachers to give us a medical education. When I first came in I already thought we were limited on campus with the number of teachers we had. We wanted more but no one listened to us.
The school asked me to give them a few weeks before I left so because I felt a loyalty to a few people (very few) in IUHS staff and I stayed a few more weeks. They said they will replace teacher in 2 weeks and itís been months now. The school is a scam. When the fall out with teachers occurred they promised many things and have delivered on nothing. The truth is IUHS does not have anything that attract teachers to thier on campus program. They dont have students and they dont have a real campus or anything else to attract GOOD teachers. They are under new management and the problem with the old management according to what I was told was they were a scam. They lied and took advantage of students.
The online and on campus program were always in competition with one another even though it was one school. It was not the students who were in competition but teachers. On line teachers vs. on campus, the quest to find out who can produce the best student. The online students were given questions to exams. You have one exam for a block (2 blocks in one semester) The questions were always from a test bank so if you memorized or did enough question you can get a 50 ( which is passing by the way)
The new management's problem is one man runs the show and he does not want to share power. He is teacher, administrator and everything else for the school. The last block I was in I was not given a syllabus and when I was it was a joke. He has no time to do everything and he is really not that good. IUHS is 5 years old yet they have not established a good on campus program. On campus we have class from 9-12 everyday. NO LABS! NO DEPTH in teachers.
They donít have an incoming class larger than 10. After my class it was 3 students out of which one is still at IUHS. Out of the 10 students who were part of my class there is 2 people left at IUHS. EVERYONE ELSE LEFT!! If thatís not a warning sign then I donít know what is. There is a total of 3 students on campus right now. Unless IUHS makes some serious changes it sucks as a school. You will have problems with getting your license and on top of that you will have to deal with the dramas of a small school which means you will feel the affect of school politics. ( which means less time studying for USMLE)
IUHS will need some time before it can become a good school and it needs someone good to lead it. So far no good leader has emerged.
I am at a real medical school now and I understand what I missed out in IUHS. I learned physiology in my 3 semesters at IUHS and I was a good student too (some one who spend many hours studying). Why pay IUHS thousands of dollars only to teach yourself everything anyway. I realize now I have gaps in anatomy, histology, biochemistry and all the other subjects. There is no foundation taught and because of that you donít understand what you are taught, you just memorize.
There are some great support staff in IUHS and I have love them and I have loyalty to them but IUHS leaders ( ones in power) are scam artists trying to make money by giving minimal education.

IUHS need to shut down until they get teachers that are good and get a real school going.
They make promises and offer tution reduction but in the end you get the raw deal!

any more information needed contact me.. I will give you honest answers to IUHS.. I will post more information on what to ask IUHS and details about online program if anyone is really thinking about going to IUHS.. :wink:

I know someone who was at the school at the time you are mentioning. I think you are correct about everything in your post, however, I would comment on one item if you don't mind.

The school is not under new management. The school is under the oldest management who have come back. The person who is currently running the school is the same person who was the school's main problem. He is the accountant. An accountant is now running a medical school.

My friend says it was just a way of telling new students that things would change and they can blame the old management. Who are the support staff that you found useful? My friend says anyone who knew anything has left.

iuhsex
05-23-2005, 12:14 PM
you need to call the ones who know the truth out. There are some people out there who know what has gone on. Try the old ISA members and try the old students who transfered. They can tell you information that might be helpful.

lswiltshire
05-23-2005, 10:18 PM
from August 2002 to April 2003 was Georgie Porgie and associates.

Georgie was fed info by both on campus students and online students -------but no one listened and some who said they exposed Georgie and villfied , and wrote him threatening letters etc TRANSFERRED FROM THE SCHOOL WHILE THEY WERE DOING THAT , BECAUSE FROM JUNE 2002 THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO DO SO.

One of these same students wrote a post entitled THE REAL SCOOP ABOUT IUHS IN OCTOBER 2002.

These same students are now howling and singing a different song.

As they say in St Kitts........Oh me AM.

HYPOCRITES they are. Before the moderators censor me for that word PLEASE LOOK UP THE GREEK AND SEE WHAT IT MEANS as it is a translitteration.

Another way of saying it is to use the Latin SINE CERE they are not sincere - they are not without wax. Again look up the etymology of the word, before proceeding to censor.

Georgie and friends must be laughing today.

maximillian genossa
05-24-2005, 11:46 AM
What are the whereabouts of Georgie Porgie?

pdrmd
05-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Last year I was taking time off from IUHS. Dr Neame left and then ******. I called up the Canada office and they had no clue who I was and no record of my payment. I paid all preclinicals. I just walked away. I lost money but I figured that they took my money and it would be easier on myself to go elsewhere and look for a better degree. I have talked to several friends that were in the program that said they have no clue what happened last April. I want to know the real truth now that it seems people are talking. I know one person,charlesthehun, on here that defended the school and blasted coconut man (i think) and Georgie Porgie. He left the school in quit and did not spill any infomation. He left most of us hanging. I remember that he stated that we are going to get Financial aid, how we were going to change the curiculumn in order to be able to go anywhere in the US. Now he is here stating that they he has the contacts for the FTC if any Ex students needs it. Why the change. I looked at the valuemd site for the first time in 4 months and had to register and post on here from the challenge of a poster above.

I AM CALLING YOU OUT LIKE PREVIOUS POSTER STATED :twisted: :twisted:

I know that you know where the bones are buried at IUHS. You where in the student goverment and worked with Neame, Rawlings and ******. You were there when Dyron Powell was there so you should know the dirt on this school. Why have you now after a year decided to pop you head out of the whole and post on this website. In all seriousness, I want you to share why you are hinting at your distain for IUHS and not just stating it. You are gone and IUHS should have no hold on you now. Tell us the dirt man and share your knowledge for all of us.

lswiltshire
05-24-2005, 05:16 PM
Genossa

Last I heard Georgie Porgie got married to Little Miss Muffett and they are living "hapily ever after" In the USA.

But when Georgie was telling the truth about IUHS he was "exposed" (LOL) and called Coconut man by Charles the Hun, who told blatant lies about the man. Now he seems to be having trouble he is crying out-- without giving details of why he is crying out. But it seems that when he was supressing the truth Georgie was telling the truth because he had vision, and could percieve that something was grossly wrong with IUHS

Hielo
07-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Why would you stay for one full year at a school you were taken "back" with, since on the first day you noticed they operated out of a house. Did it take you one full year to grip the fact you did not like this?

Good Doctor
07-19-2005, 12:09 PM
I am a IUHS student who will be moving to SABA soon. The final strike for me was to hear that the Registrar was fired on Monday! She was from a real Canadian School and was trying to make things right at IUHS. She was also the only one who truly helped you. I am truly upset and have spoken to my IUHS buddies to try to get them to leave as well. The Registrar was the only thing keeping us there! I am trying to reach her, but she tells me for the moment she cannot speak to students. I think she is going to sue them, but wouldn't say. \

I'll try to get the goods from her and maybe she would be interested in selling all of IUHS secrets!

diogenes
07-19-2005, 12:45 PM
I also had some dealings with the registrar and found her genuinely concerned and helpful: it's bad and sad news.

julestx
07-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Hielo:

I was thinking about your post, above, as to why someone would stay when they realized their new school was "in a house". I wondered if students, going to the Caribbean already knowing that they are doing something really 'different' so-to-speak, might not complain or do anything b/c they suspect that is the norm?

There are several posters on valuemd who have shared their personal web pages and blogs, which include terrific photos. I highly recommend new students considering the various schools, to spend some time going through those personal accounts offered by students. I'm not saying to judge any school based on photos or anything, but just so there are no big surprises in that respect. Who knows, some students might want to learn in such tight quarters.

Oh, to those where this applies, please edit posts where names are mentioned, as this is against TOS you agreed to. Thanks!

Good Doctor
07-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Trust me, it is more than the "house" on St. Kitts you need to worry about. IUHS lies on their transcripts and I am in contact with the former Registrar. She is tight-lipped right now, but I think she will tell-all in a matter of time. Apparently there are all kinds of administrative issues that I have heard about from other staff members.

The accountant is evil and only wants your money. After you are half-way through the program, he will tell you that you owe more money and is really mean.

lswiltshire
07-20-2005, 10:40 AM
None of this new !

You were told all this before.

From August 2002 - April 2003 Georgie Porgie et aliter started to reveal THE TRUTH AND CERTAIN INSIDE SECRETS ABOUT IUHS.

He was threatened in emails by IUHS students, lied about on the old forum by Charles the Hun and "exposed" (that was so funny). He was ridiculed and call names............but the TRUTH WILL ALWAYS OUT

In 2003 and finally most of the real stalwart teachers and staff at IUHS had left..... even Charles the hun who currently has issues with IUHS as hinted at on this forum departed.

So what is new

Slowly the clock is ticking TICK TOCK

IUHS WILL END OF ON BASSETERRE DOCK

Vasquez
07-25-2005, 06:28 PM
As a former student and former ISA representative...I do know the whole truth. The school is a scam and for those of you who are defending this school and trying to validate its existance trying calling another school in the region, tell them where you attend school and see if they will even entertain a notion of transfer to them. You will find that over time when an institution has such a black cloud over it and is unable to recruit professors with any decent background, and fails to recruit students without strange promises and arrangements for future benefit is truly a scam. NO doubt about it. They are dying off so fast in their students that are moving to Atlanta to do clinicals they they are even now moving their meeting to Chicago to try to get a new neighborhood where no one knows them. The past faculty has had all kinds of trouble with the law, the current VP is a scam artist extrodinaire who is an accountant running the medical school, the island house which they call the medical school was owned by locals then sold and made into a museum and now the school uses if for "teaching". What an unfortunate place for more students to find out that dishonest people are everywhere in this world.

lswiltshire
07-25-2005, 07:09 PM
Vasquez & Good Dr Thanks for posting the info you have on IUHS.

Its very TRUE you will only be able to transfer from IUHS to another foreign medical school- like SJMS- which took IUHS student transfers in 2002 (let them deny it now but its all on the old Hanson Forum) .

The way the IUHS courses were/are structured makes it impossible to transfer credits/ There is nothing inherently wrong with problem-based learning. But PBL programs require MORE FACULTY THAN IUHS HAS EVER HAD. THIS WAS POINTED OUT BY GEORGIE ETAL SINCE 2002. At that time the distance program was run entirely by ONE TEACHER.

Re ďThis is not what you would see in North AmericaĒ with respect to your statement ďonly a few foreign-trained doctors as professorsĒ is VERY VERY PUERILE and betrays your bias and ignorance about medical training.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH FOREIGN TRAINED DOCTORS AS PROFESSORS sir! THERE IS MEDICINE OUTSIDE OF AMERICA AND VERY GOOD MEDICINE TOO.

And the shabby house with no lab, library is no worse than some other schools Ive visited.

However, it is TRUE that ďMost of IUHS students fail the USMLE exams - some have taken it 3 or 4 times.Ē This is because THE USMLE OBJECTIVES CANNOT POSSIBLY BE COVERED IN THE ONLINE PROGRAM IN THE TIME ALLOTED.

Similarly the on campus program is devoted entirely to covering the CASE OF THE WEEK. Where as some will correctly opine that most medical students skip lectures and study on their own, AT IUHS THERE WAS DEFINITELY NO PROPER GUIDANCE EXHIBITED.

It certainly is a shame to see a school take advantage of students for so long.

I sincerely hope that the end is indeed near and that some individuals are indeed ready to launch war on IUHS and its parent company.

Current students ought indeed to transfer now before they lose anymore money. Your education is as useless as that from the recently closed St Lukes.

The fact that various licensing boards have pointed this out can be seen on the old forum, where it was posted since early October 2002.

I can understand that a decent honest person could have trouble ďsigning transcripts with education the students did not take and the idea that the transcripts do not say that the student did anything in distance educationĒ but this has been going on since the inception of IUHS. If you will email me any email address that works for you I will send you the transcript template that was designed to fool ECFMG and attempt to equivocate the actual work done in the PBL cases, as if they were done as COURSE in the normal way. Eg ANATOMY PATH PHARM ETC

Georgie Porgie and friends pointed out between August 2002 and April 2003 that IUHS was indeed giving poor poor education, by unacceptable methodsÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

It is TRUE that even now its very difficult to get a transcript. I have friends who have related the horrors they experienced in such a quest.

Doc2B2007
03-15-2007, 11:39 AM
I am a current student at IUHS and can tell you that there are many false statements about our school on this site! As with any school IUHS has grown greatly! It now provides a quality education and has graduates practicing in several states at this time!

maximillian genossa
03-15-2007, 01:27 PM
I am a current student at IUHS and can tell you that there are many false statements about our school on this site! As with any school IUHS has grown greatly! It now provides a quality education and has graduates practicing in several states at this time!

That thread you replied is almost 2 years old. Still same perceptions though, but the school has managed to survive all these years.

Study hard, work hard, and make sure you want to practice in a state that will be ok for licensure. It is a huge country, 50 states, chances are you will end up licensed somewhere in it.

Magen-MD
05-28-2007, 11:42 PM
The critical Question is:

How does one really tell the difference between the imposter student who has mastered the art of deceipt and the former real student who actually tranfered from IUHS?

maximillian genossa
05-29-2007, 01:52 PM
The critical Question is:

How does one really tell the difference between the imposter student who has mastered the art of deceipt and the former real student who actually tranfered from IUHS?

Very good question. Background check come to my mind.

Ming
09-02-2007, 01:42 PM

What makes you think IUHS is 5 years old? They have been in operation long enough to have two full years of students through residency programs. This is not rocket science. This school is only in operation because each year there are students who for a variety of reasons are looking to seek their medical education out of country. I used to think upcoming students would catch on to the total scam of this school given their past legal problems, no public posting of any person having completed a residency program, etc. but that is not going to happen. I now know they will continue because new young desperate students are seeking a medical education through whatever means possible. That doesn't mean to say that schools like St. George and Saba are not reputable. They both have their problems, like over population, too few resources for the students, but they at least have a track record of "possible" success. IUHS absolutely does not. Their biggest market is now the developing countries where there also are legal problems looming. The biggest problem will come when those poor students think they can immigrate to North America with the IUHS medical background. NOT!!

You right about the staff being supportive, but in the end they are just doing a job they all really need. Their being nice will never help your medical education be complete. This forum is an outlet for people who know that IUHS should not be allowed to operate, but I don't think it stops those hungry for a medical education.

maximillian genossa
09-02-2007, 07:58 PM
That post you quoted dates back to July 14 2004. It has already been discussed. I don't mind that you want to smear them, but please use something new, more recent, not and old burned out post. Oh! By the way, President Bill Clinton has been implicated in a sex scandal with an intern, breaking news! (just a joke) .

We all know the school kind of sucks. However, compared to St. Chris, they have done better, and can improve, if they want to (I doubt it).

What makes you think IUHS is 5 years old? They have been in operation long enough to have two full years of students through residency programs. This is not rocket science. This school is only in operation because each year there are students who for a variety of reasons are looking to seek their medical education out of country. I used to think upcoming students would catch on to the total scam of this school given their past legal problems, no public posting of any person having completed a residency program, etc. but that is not going to happen. I now know they will continue because new young desperate students are seeking a medical education through whatever means possible. That doesn't mean to say that schools like St. George and Saba are not reputable. They both have their problems, like over population, too few resources for the students, but they at least have a track record of "possible" success. IUHS absolutely does not. Their biggest market is now the developing countries where there also are legal problems looming. The biggest problem will come when those poor students think they can immigrate to North America with the IUHS medical background. NOT!!

You right about the staff being supportive, but in the end they are just doing a job they all really need. Their being nice will never help your medical education be complete. This forum is an outlet for people who know that IUHS should not be allowed to operate, but I don't think it stops those hungry for a medical education.

PTBarnum
09-17-2007, 10:53 PM
I was a student in 2000 and left after it came clear that the school was a scam. Just remember " sucker is born everyday"........ To date I have never seen a grad....I can tell you that IUHS was actively investigated by the FBI and the US Post Master General's Office for possible mail fraud. They fled to Canada and it became quite clear something was wrong when they had a mail drop in Canada at a Pharmacy.....I was out over $20000... lesson learned......

maximillian genossa
09-18-2007, 09:19 PM
..and not to cause trouble in your post but I do know personally one of the grads who got licensed in one of the southern states, a good state. There are a few more in other states too, not too many though. As you said lesson learned, it worked for very few, so not highly recommended if anyone asks me.

Pace and good luck pt

I was a student in 2000 and left after it came clear that the school was a scam. Just remember " sucker is born everyday"........ To date I have never seen a grad....I can tell you that IUHS was actively investigated by the FBI and the US Post Master General's Office for possible mail fraud. They fled to Canada and it became quite clear something was wrong when they had a mail drop in Canada at a Pharmacy.....I was out over $20000... lesson learned......

lmoliver
09-19-2007, 12:18 AM

Did you attend the school or were you doing distance learning? I understand they have daily lectures over the internet that students must "attend" and attendance is taken. Did you have a mentor? Students have mentors and must spend a certain amount of time with them each week. There is one student who often contributes on VMD and shows herself to be very bright. There are others also. They just don't want to battle all the detractors.

lswiltshire
09-19-2007, 01:02 PM
As far as I can remember from the days of the old Hanson's fora that were the precursors of valueMd, PTBarnum was considered to be the "ambivalent" solitary online teacher that taught everything online at IUHS

It amazes me that people still even consider IUHS

mcgrady
09-20-2007, 10:30 AM
i don't know why you lot are amazed why people still consider them, they are people with all due respect desperate to earn an MD after their name...i mean,they had one dude who was 65 doing that programme how on earth will find time,mental strength to read all that material. i'm not being judmental about the age criteria but its people such as these they are milking for america and the rest of the world...shocking!!

diogenes
09-20-2007, 11:30 AM
i don't know why you lot are amazed why people still consider them, they are people with all due respect desperate to earn an MD after their name...i mean,they had one dude who was 65 doing that programme how on earth will find time,mental strength to read all that material. i'm not being judmental about the age criteria but its people such as these they are milking for america and the rest of the world...shocking!!
I agree with you that IUHS has a lot to answer for based on its past record.
I think you are being very judgemental about age and the ability to study - or perhaps just over-generalizing and displaying some of the prejudices of youth. There have been more reputable institutions than IUHS which have given space to even older medical students - I know of two individuals myself. Although short-term memory has a tendency to deteriorate with age it does vary from person to person. Moreover, a diminished s.t.m. is not the same as a non-existent one! Older students also often display much better learning and memorizing techniques as well as being free from motivational distractions such as sex, drugs and rock and roll.
As for the time factor, I really am not sure what you mean.
Finally remember that an M.D. is not a licence to practise.

mcgrady
09-21-2007, 06:11 AM
diogenes, read this well, i stated previously that i wasn't judging nobody, all i said was how would expect someone to do that kind of programme the way its constructs by this school....at that age.you talk about drugs,alcohol,rock and roll these parameters too, vary from individual to individual i know many who are not oddly motivated by these distractions you mentioned, at least i'm not.

I have nothing against IUHS, hey its their business...those that choose them is their money,choice and risky.

DOC.p
09-21-2007, 06:29 AM
diogenes, read this well, i stated previously that i wasn't judging nobody, all i said was how would expect someone to do that kind of programme the way its constructs by this school....at that age.you talk about drugs,alcohol,rock and roll these parameters too, vary from individual to individual i know many who are not oddly motivated by these distractions you mentioned, at least i'm not.

I have nothing against IUHS, hey its their business...those that choose them is their money,choice and risky.
so you mean you were judging :)

mcgrady
09-21-2007, 07:07 AM
puclisnki you can take how ever you got it...:D:D

kddooley
10-03-2007, 08:05 AM
I am a potential new student to IUHS' e-medical school. My question is how can I finance it without having in house student loans? I find it near impossible to pay half of it back during your third and fourth years. In addition to that, how do you pay for the books, if the loans are only enough to pay for tuition? I have exhausted all of my options attempting to find a way to pay for school. Please help.

Thank you,

Kevin

DOC.p
10-03-2007, 08:18 AM
I am a potential new student to IUHS' e-medical school. My question is how can I finance it without having in house student loans? I find it near impossible to pay half of it back during your third and fourth years. In addition to that, how do you pay for the books, if the loans are only enough to pay for tuition? I have exhausted all of my options attempting to find a way to pay for school. Please help.

Thank you,

Kevin
are you seriously considering this school? this is a BAD choice

maximillian genossa
10-05-2007, 06:51 AM
I think you should start looking into programs with better financial aid options because IUHS is extremely limited in this area (not to mention extreme licensing restrictions once you finish your education, you will be limited to a handful of states to practice mediciene as an IUHS grad) Have you checked Spartan, Ross? I am positive Ross will take you.

Thank you,

Kevin

zarkosy
04-21-2008, 06:45 PM
I think most of these threads are all related closely i.e. mods please combine all these IUHS bashing threads into one. Here is the link to the other thread that is, again, the same as this thread i.e. IUHS bashing:

http://www.valuemd.com/international-university-health-sciences-iuhs/131278-why-all-hate-iuhs-6.html

KillerWhale
03-13-2011, 04:50 PM
"C.Moses" you were at this school and did your 2 years on Island. You were 2 faced. You lied to everyone there, saying how great it was and then come on the Internet and talk smack about it. In fact, everyone at that school knew it was you.

How does it feel to be the only one from your class to have not gotten a license and have failed the USMLE with only a 3 digit score of 100. You can't say it was the schools fault, since everyone in your class behind you and ahead of you ended up passing their boards. The weight fell on your shoulders. You should have did more studying rather than flying around the caribbean to party. No, rather you would rather talk bad about IUHS and still are mad at them because you failed yourself, not them failing you. You can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink.

This school got a bad rap from your hatred of it because you couldn't make it in medicine. So go back to Illinois and live off your parent(s) you twit.

Proud IUHS grad and Licensed M.D. in the state of New York.

farabi1
03-15-2011, 06:48 AM
IUHS students are very busy people. First most of them are mature students with job responsibilities that they have to fulfill while they have to satisfy their study requirements. As an ONLINE MD student, you have to attend LIVE lectures with real and reputable professors, all of them teach or work at US, Canadian or St Kitts organizations including Health services, universities, Kaplan University (we have at leas 3 of them!). If you work, you have to have a strict organization of your time so that you have to study at least TEN HOURS PER DAY. You will have a FULL access to EXAMMASTER as an extra study resource. At the end of each of the 10 blocks you will have a USMLE style TWO hours exam run by a ExamMaster as a third party (i.e not the IUHS). Exam questions are not necessarily from the subject of the block that you are taking the exam, for. Questions from previous blocks may be included in addition to questions that may have not been coverd by the block lectures. Online study may not be suitable for people with poor basic knowledge. You will not do a labs on isolated tissue physiology or making blood smears. For those who think that online medical education is not ideal for medicine, I ask what difference it makes if you sit in a cold or warm lecture theater from attending an online lecture with all your slides and chat to ask instant questions with instant comment/reply from the lecturing professor while you are having your preprinted lectures notes making your own annotation during the lecture. In fact a huge resource of medical knowledge and resources ia available on line from Merck manual to e-medicine and and endless resource list of ONLINE INFORMATION. If you think online information then promiss not to use them at all!!.
Good luck.

Neuro-endo
03-22-2011, 05:46 AM
The simple truth is EXAMMASTER will be the worst idea you ever created and will immensely decrease the quality and level of gifted and perceptual thinkers needed to become doctors. I know the system. It is so flawed.
The currently enrolled students are passing without studying at all! All they need to do is take a week off, go through all the EXAMMASTER questions on study mode(This allows you to see the answers for each question) and finish ALL the questions related to/pertaining to that blocks syllabus.

Since the exams sent forth for each block are based on exammaster itself, you are basically just getting the same questions you did, word for word. Now...How confident are you in asking these students to take care of a persons well-being and being their medical councilor.

KillerWhale
03-23-2011, 01:40 PM
If they passed step 1 and step 2 and went through the clinicals at USA hospitals then I guess I'm just as confident as if I was letting USA student, who took their step 1 and 2 and did their clinicals at a usa hospital take care of me as well as being my being my councilor.

The step 1 and 2 are the weed outs. If you pass those then everyone is on equal ground.

t-rex
03-24-2011, 10:09 PM
If they passed step 1 and step 2 and went through the clinicals at USA hospitals then I guess I'm just as confident as if I was letting USA student, who took their step 1 and 2 and did their clinicals at a usa hospital take care of me as well as being my being my councilor.

The step 1 and 2 are the weed outs. If you pass those then everyone is on equal ground.
Not True!!!!!

Neuro-endo
03-25-2011, 02:48 PM
i actually agree with killerwhale on this one. It does weed out.
Exammaster is still in its first year of running so we shall have to just wait and see how many reach that far just from using it.
Any student that passes an MLE has to do it through hard work alone.

cutelilMD
03-29-2011, 03:58 PM
the issue with online school is licensing PERIOD. Alot of states will require that you have a certain amount of time in lecture with ur classmates and professors. The states will ask for confirmation and such, and if they found out u did ur education online, they will not license you.

KillerWhale
04-03-2011, 04:31 PM
How many people in medical school go to class everyday? You can't tell me they take attendance and keep their attendence book for 4 years. This is false. Lots just go to the note taker and take "todays" notes and study with never going to class.

JakeTND
04-05-2011, 05:06 PM
How many people in medical school go to class everyday? You can't tell me they take attendance and keep their attendence book for 4 years. This is false. Lots just go to the note taker and take "todays" notes and study with never going to class.

Great point. And all anyone has to do is visit a US medical school to see for yourself, just how obvious it is that first and second-year students sporadically attend class.

I was recently at the Penn State University College of Medicine in Hershey, PA--so you can verify this for yourselves. The lectures for 1st and 2nd years are all recorded, and the students are allowed to view those lectures through a system known as ANGEL. As a result, the students simply view the lectures from the comfort of their apartments, and modify their study schedules to allow them extra study time.

As a sidenote. Penn State also uses a "Learning Module" system for the first 2 years, and Gross Anatomy is condensed into a 2 month class offered at the beginning of the first year.

Also, Ohio State University offers an independent-study option to their medical school curriculum. Those students are not confined to lecture times, but rather are given video resources to allow them to navigate the first 2 years at their pace/convenience.

These objections to electronic learning are simply rooted in ignorance. Within 10 years, the delivery of electronic lectures/material will be commonplace in medical school.

Neuro-endo
04-11-2011, 07:09 AM
..That is cuz they are in the same state as the university. the problems start once they find out you are in a completely seperate country as the one the university is in.....

gx255
04-11-2011, 07:28 AM
the thing about caribbean schools is that they will always sell themselves as the best and top
and once the first class enters they will do as much as they can to help the first class after that it soon dies out when funding stops

this cna be see in correlation wtih st. matthews
they had the best of hte best, until cali disapproval came and it all went downhill

JakeTND
04-11-2011, 10:22 AM
..That is cuz they are in the same state as the university. the problems start once they find out you are in a completely seperate country as the one the university is in.....

You're missing the point.

The point is----electronic/online medical education seems to be finding its place. As time goes by, an electronic curriculum for the first 2 years of medical school will be more commonplace.

No one is disputing the idea that such an education isn't for everyone. What I maintain, and what united states medical schools seem to be developing---is the idea that online education is an acceptable form of learning, or navigating the first 2 years of medical school.

Antony
06-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Can u pl give information abt d judgment
of supreme court of india about the provisional registration of UEIMS students of indian campus???????? It was due in June 11...... V r much worried about our fate....

NUHS-AUC
07-08-2011, 03:12 PM
IUHS = Diploma Mill !!!
I remember back in 2004, when I was searching for MD programs as a DC graduate, came across IUHS, and actually considered it, cause I had NO idea about the various types of OFFSHORE Medical schools, only after reading blogs and calling the AMA and few medical societies, asking if an online offshore medical school, will help me get licensed as an MD.....the answer to that was obvious, any licensed MD you can talk to, will tell you to AVOID at all costs Caribbean schools, let alone caribbean schools that offer "Online" medical training, even the in basic sciences....Pharmacology, Pathology, Physiology, Microbiology, Anatomy are MUST and can't be properly taught online....REGARDLESS of your background !!
I realized it when I was at AUC, how lucky I was.....SO Many things you can't just study online, you need to interact, and ask Qs...

My point is: AVOID IUHS or ANY school that offer "online" training. Don't waste your 60K on a useless diploma mill...

stick to accredited schools that offer real education.....top International schools to consider: Irish, Israel, UK, Australia then offshore Carib schools: AUC, SGU, ROSS, SABA....
if you can't get into the latter, reconsider your choice of going into medicine....

You're missing the point.

The point is----electronic/online medical education seems to be finding its place. As time goes by, an electronic curriculum for the first 2 years of medical school will be more commonplace.

No one is disputing the idea that such an education isn't for everyone. What I maintain, and what united states medical schools seem to be developing---is the idea that online education is an acceptable form of learning, or navigating the first 2 years of medical school.

Antony
07-11-2011, 02:31 AM
1. ueims is a big scam
2. it is just a rented building in vytilla junction , cochin. India and nobody knows about such a med school
functioning. I found it very difficult to locate the college for the first time……too small
3. the management promised us to open a hospital by dec of 2003.but then they dropped it.
Now clinics are offered in Nepal.and only god knows is there anything in nepal.
4. the faculty is too small for a school. The distribution is like phy = 2 , anatomy = 0 biochem = 1
patho = 2 micro = 0 pharm =1 radiology=1 med=1 .thats it…and a few non-qualified juniors…
( compare it with other colleges in India where each subject is having more than 8 faculty. Funny isn’t …..)
5. library is two stacks of books and a third stack which they call reference...
6. almost all the students has left the school.
7. even though iuhs does not believe in labs , ueims has gone forward by providing a single room ,
which they call basic medical sciences laboratory...in which i could find only a pregnant lady and
a little equipment inside it.
8. we were assured of dummies for dissection at the admission time...but none was there.
9. they initially had some college in palghat , a place in kerala, India.. but it was closed down…
it was also under iuhs.
10. school in cochin is in an endangered species now….it may be closed at any time.
11. The entire med school consists of just 2 class rooms,one laboratory ,one internet room and a room
which they call library and also a administrative wing and a bare faculty room.
12. school in cochin is functioning without permission of government of India… and now it is election time ….
so ueims is safe for some more time , since the govt is busy…
13. in the beginning they said it is a real college , but now they r admitting that it is only a study centre.
14. in the starting , they had many good faculty , but all left ….realising the management.
15. the entire thing is in perfect disorder… nobody is in charge and nobody is responsible …..
16. only thing good is the net connection… we can download music and chat a lot….
17. they got some technical schools also in india , which r in single rooms of some shopping complexes..
imagine the standard…..
they r ready to do anything for money….UEIMS IS A BIG SCAM.

JakeTND
07-16-2011, 03:45 PM
I have a question.

Why did you decide to attend UEIMS if it is a scam school? Did you actually do any homework before handing over you check?

You rail against their facilities---but you never visited prior to enrolling?

KillerWhale
08-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Chris Moses is an idiot. Who never completed anything

sngb240
11-03-2011, 03:02 PM
The simple truth is EXAMMASTER will be the worst idea you ever created and will immensely decrease the quality and level of gifted and perceptual thinkers needed to become doctors. I know the system. It is so flawed.
The currently enrolled students are passing without studying at all! All they need to do is take a week off, go through all the EXAMMASTER questions on study mode(This allows you to see the answers for each question) and finish ALL the questions related to/pertaining to that blocks syllabus.

Since the exams sent forth for each block are based on exammaster itself, you are basically just getting the same questions you did, word for word. Now...How confident are you in asking these students to take care of a persons well-being and being their medical councilor.

Is that really true??:confused:

sngb240
11-09-2011, 12:59 PM

This post is some seven years old and I heard things have really changed since then.
Any comments? Thanks

Antony
12-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Hi, what's news about Kerala High Court case status of IUHS Vs MCI? It is due..........Pl post the same............

studyhard24-7
02-28-2012, 07:44 AM
UEIMS is broke.They vanished with all the money from the face of the earth, Gopi ran off to some place (U.S. what heard)... UEIMS is a pure example of the word SCAM. Their affiliation called the "IUHS" have no connection with UEIMS anymore. IUHS takes its own responsibility to ensure their students graduate to do something in future if not "doctors" Such unfortunate students should be supported and given chance to study further and practice, because they are bright students and willing to work hard for every single penny that they have spent for medicine.The IUHS students have a great deal of exposure and should be treated as international students and accepted...

Adley
07-23-2012, 06:43 AM
This workout is for the chest, triceps and even involve your back and shoulder muscles,
Dips are alternative to developing chest and triceps muscles....

Adley
07-23-2012, 06:51 AM
This workout is for the chest, triceps and even involve your back and shoulder muscles,
Dips are alternative to developing chest and triceps muscles....

Adley
07-23-2012, 06:53 AM
For the six-pack abs, a person has not only strengthened their abs by performing exercises,
but also follow a diet and workout routine that help him to have a low body fat and help to visible
abdominal muscles....

richa_88
03-09-2014, 08:25 PM
This is a lot said about IUHS

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.