PDA

View Full Version : Getting credit for classes taken

russki1313
11-21-2010, 10:26 PM
I was wondering if I completed a bost-bacc Master's program in Biomedical Sciences would they credit/transfer those grades. I already took
pathophysiology
biochem
neuro
etc...
Please let me know if you have ever heard of kids coming in with credits already.
Thanks

seattle
11-22-2010, 09:03 AM
I was wondering if I completed a bost-bacc Master's program in Biomedical Sciences would they credit/transfer those grades. I already took
pathophysiology
biochem
neuro
etc...
Please let me know if you have ever heard of kids coming in with credits already.
Thanks

NO - it is highly unusual for Saba or any medical school to grant full credit and waiver of an entire semester class for an M.S. or even Ph.D curriculum class. They do want you to sit through the entire curriculum and record performance "officially" on your transcript. This procedure is in accordance with the 50-state approval; one of the parameters set forth being that each student must sit in class room instruction (physically be present in class as opposed to on-line or otherwise) for a specified number of hours of instruction per subject area. This will be explained to you on the island in semester 1. Furthermore, during residency match, in addition to various other factors (not mentioned here) one factor does involve examining your official medical school transcript; which must have all required courses completed and passed. Hence, the strict attendance policy at Saba - attendance is taken for classes. Once a certain number of classes are missed; automatic failure will result regardless of numerical grade average in class!

On a side note, I knew an individual with a Ph.D in Microbiology and was an instructor at Saba for the subject and this individual still had to take the class when he/she changed from an instructor to a medical student status.

As with all posts I present on these forums of such nature, I highly encourage you to present this question to Saba administration in Devens, MA and they will certainly answer your questions.

Maveric1984
12-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Whatever you think you have will not be applicable. But there is a reason. What you learned will apply to very little in the course curriculum. I know people that have a B.Sc. honors in physiology struggle with the course. They mean nothing.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.