PDA

View Full Version : Met a guy from IUHS

Coprolalia
11-13-2010, 12:01 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this- he was bragging that he did his time at IUHS. He didn't seem to mind that he did his basics online. Neither did the licensing board. ( I'm shocked!)

he wasn't any different than other student, infact if he wasn't bragging about the school you never would have guessed he did it online.

However, once people found out about it, his cred went down. He was looked at weird.

So unless you don't really care what people think of you, i'd stay away.

TriageModerator
11-13-2010, 01:18 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this- he was bragging that he did his time at IUHS. He didn't seem to mind that he did his basics online. Neither did the licensing board. ( I'm shocked!)

he wasn't any different than other student, infact if he wasn't bragging about the school you never would have guessed he did it online.

However, once people found out about it, his cred went down. He was looked at weird.

So unless you don't really care what people think of you, i'd stay away.

But by becoming licensed, he has achieved more than those who received face to face instruction yet did not make it anywhere.

JakeTND
12-21-2010, 11:17 AM
With today's technology----what's the big deal about a student completing 2 years of basic memorization on line?

Its funny. There is a physician turned author named "Robert Marion". He wrote a book titled "Intern Blues" which is a great book if you haven't read it.

Anyway, Marion describes medical school in brilliant satire. He wonders what the purpose of the first two years really is, and he describes his roommate----a guy who never attended a single lecture his entire first two years of medical school, and maintained a full-time job as a computer hack. The guy just showed up on exam day, and took his exams. It is a very funny chapter.

My point is this. If you have a motivated student, where/how you complete the first 2 years of a medical education means little. Even today, walk onto any US medical school and you will hear stories about student x never showing up for a single lecture.

Ohio State has an independent study curriculum for the first 2 years on their campus---meaning it allows the students to study the material when and how they wish.

peterandrew
12-30-2010, 05:56 AM
Hello searching for the proper guidline for the mma workout..

cutelilMD
04-14-2011, 04:32 PM
With today's technology----what's the big deal about a student completing 2 years of basic memorization on line?

Its funny. There is a physician turned author named "Robert Marion". He wrote a book titled "Intern Blues" which is a great book if you haven't read it.

Anyway, Marion describes medical school in brilliant satire. He wonders what the purpose of the first two years really is, and he describes his roommate----a guy who never attended a single lecture his entire first two years of medical school, and maintained a full-time job as a computer hack. The guy just showed up on exam day, and took his exams. It is a very funny chapter.

My point is this. If you have a motivated student, where/how you complete the first 2 years of a medical education means little. Even today, walk onto any US medical school and you will hear stories about student x never showing up for a single lecture.

Ohio State has an independent study curriculum for the first 2 years on their campus---meaning it allows the students to study the material when and how they wish.

There is nothing wrong with online distance learning, but apparently a lot of states are restricting licensing for any individuals who did their med school education online.
Trust me if it weren't for this type of restriction, I be all over this school

btw i read that book too, it's one of my favorites, but I recommend the House Of God by samuel shem

doc s
07-15-2011, 07:27 PM
I am very pleased with the education from IUHS. When I did my PhD at a high profile medical school I attended classes with the medical students, those that attended rarely were attentive the rest relied on the note taking service. Not impressed with face to face pre-clinicals its a waste of space and money just screen out the lazy students. you learn medicine in clinicals and residency not the pre clinical info. But it is needed and this is an intellegent way to attain it. It allows good students without rich daddys to be good doctors without a 250,000 debt comming out. this is the future of all education get used to it.

leadsled
09-28-2011, 10:25 AM
How much did your MD cost at IUHS?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.