View Full Version : Financing options for Canadian students

11-10-2010, 06:57 PM

If I am a Canadian citizen who would like to come to Australia to study medicine, what kind of financing options are available?

I know there are two, at the moment:
1. BC student loan (14,000 per year)
2. Student line of credit (upward 200,000)

For #2, I am finding difficulty to have someone co-sign the loan for me. Is it still possible to get a loan without co-sign? How strict is the requirement for someone to co-sign the loan?


11-11-2010, 05:01 PM
you can get loan.better you visite different banks/financial institutions in canada.

04-15-2011, 11:23 AM
G'day Brisk,

How are you?

Yes, there are the Professional Student Lines of Credit from the various banks in Canada, which are available to you if you wish to study medicine overseas, more notably, Australia.

However, yes, you will need a co-signor for all of them.

As you are taking your studies outside of Canada, but a student line of credit from a Canadian bank, the banks require a co-signor. As well, the co-signor typically has to be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.

Your provincial Canadian government loan and the Canadian bank Professional Line of Credit are your main loan sources from Canada.

Hope this helps.



Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.