PDA

View Full Version : Important Anyone that... PUCMM Santiago (STI)

hipocratesmd
10-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Anyone that has been a student or is a current student at PUCMM Campus of Santiago school of medicine please write your personal Insight on the campus the life at Santiago, Housing "safe" areas etc etc tips and trick that you would like to share to help us new comers prepare better! Anything even if you think is non important Will be Gratefully appreciated. thanks in advance!

rabreu
11-01-2010, 03:02 PM
I am currently not a student at pucmm but i have lived in santiago a lot of my life ,and did take some classes there, it is an overall safe city. Many students live close to the front of the school close to the shell gas station (i think the are is called la loteria) its not too bad and you could find decently priced apartments. Also la zurza is close by (the area between the monumento and the school) is really safe but kind of pricey area. if you drive more toards utesa its a little less safe but there are some decent apartments for a really good price. Be careful when you go out at night and preferably get a really trustworthy taxi or go out in your own car, make sure u know the route that you are going to be driving and be careful not to get lost the barrios can get dangerous. From my minor experience as a student i could tell you the school is big and most buildings dont have AC but teachers are willing to help you with school work. Great school

hipocratesmd
11-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Thank you very much rabreu!

cristipr
11-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Hi! Nice to meet you! I'm applying to pucmm for august i'm also from Puerto Rico we should stay in contact it you'd like.

hipocratesmd
11-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Sure Cristipr Im from PR aswell...si deseas enviame tu numero por msg privado y hablamos...! by the way para enviar msg privados tienes que hacer 5 post si no me equivoco!

papayamama
11-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Como estan?

Espero que bien

Yo tanbien posiblemente boy a atender a PUCMM empezando Sprin 2011, posiblemente.

Antes de hacer mi decicion necesito hacer ni research muy bien.

Alguien sabes cual es el porciento de los estudiantes que cojen y pasan el USMLE? Si lo sabes, dejames saber su sources.

hipocratesmd
11-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Como estan?

Espero que bien

Yo tanbien posiblemente boy a atender a PUCMM empezando Sprin 2011, posiblemente.

Antes de hacer mi decicion necesito hacer ni research muy bien.

Alguien sabes cual es el porciento de los estudiantes que cojen y pasan el USMLE? Si lo sabes, dejames saber su sources.

Te acortarte tu research en realidad ninguna universidad te prepara para aprovar o pasar o sacar la puntuacion que deseas etc etc en los USMLE tienes que taladrarte la informacion con Kaplan,Doctors in Training, Pass Program, BRS (board review Series) y los questions banks... etc... todo esta sobre ti solo que lo complementas con las clases que tomas pero no es la prioridad... PUCMM es excelente en educacion( PUCMM la matricula para medicina es en Enero o Agosto si es medicina como tal sin pre-medica es en Agosto) (yo llame y pregunte) etc etc hay otras buenas tambien Unibe, Intec, UCNE, etc, etc mucho exito en tu research...

papayamama
11-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Como estan?

Espero que bien!

Yo tan bien posiblemente voy a atender a PUCMM empezando Spring 2011, posiblemente.

Antes de hacer mi decisión necesito hacer mi research muy bien.

Gracias,

Perdonen me por los errores gramatical.

Josie

Tan bien, a la ultima persona que me respondió- no puede entender mucho de lo que escribiste. Con todo respecto, puedes usar la gramática correcta?

hipocratesmd
11-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Resuming everything that I wrote you have to study for yourself NO university will prepare you at all for the USMLEs and dont expect the university in the dominican republic to be like the USA university... Because its not like them... Dont belive me talk to Dr. Mixmaster or Art-tech or some of the older MD's...!

papayamama
11-15-2010, 05:05 PM
I spent 8 years living in the dominican republic and going to school there. I am quite familiar with the system.

Also, as far as US MLE, I am looking for sources of information.

I appreciate any of your intents to help though.

Josie

hipocratesmd
11-15-2010, 05:26 PM
USMLE WISE KAPLAN, Doctors in training and/or Pass program and again no university will prepare you for the exam and let me be firm on this NO university will prepare you at all for the exam! Now if you are looking a university with a tough pensum or curriculum and good professors PUCMM is the right choice...!

papayamama
11-15-2010, 05:42 PM
I would post the link, but I cannot. Google US MLE step 1 content. Correlation exists between curriculum and US MLE step 1 content. An important aim of medical schools is to prepare you for success in US MLE.

papayamama
11-15-2010, 05:43 PM
But I understand that some content is not covered by medical schools, which is why medical schools give breaks for students to study for the US MLE.

hipocratesmd
11-15-2010, 05:49 PM
I UNDERSTAND what you are saying but the Goals of the schools in Dominican Republic is NOT to have students who pass the USMLE actually there are rumors that they ARE not doing good in that department... Their goals is to train doctors and if you look at their curriculum or pensum their strength is clinical science not so much basic sciences...! Hope you understand my point and on the USMLE Information I have seen it...!

hipocratesmd
11-15-2010, 05:56 PM
In the Dominican Republic you don't need to take the USMLE while you are in school you can take it when you graduate if you would like... If you would like to take it in between you can aswell...!

papayamama
11-15-2010, 06:18 PM
An important aim of U.S medical schools is to prepare you for success in US MLE.

Somehow left the U.S out.

hipocratesmd
11-15-2010, 06:21 PM
You said it IN THE USA NOT DOMINICAN REPUBLIC... but again good luck I have said what I had to say...

Trauma Doc
07-24-2011, 04:38 PM
***Bump!**

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.