PDA

View Full Version : Flight and Immigration Question

maladdy85
10-27-2010, 12:58 PM
For Saba students from the U.S.:

For the return flight I need to book to meet immigration requirements; does the final destination have to be the same city I started from? I don't actually know when I will be returning to the states, so I'm wondering if I can just book the cheapest flight to anywhere in the U.S. from Saint Maarten, or if it has to be a return flight to Chicago. I called admin, but the person I spoke with did not know the answer. Anyone else have any ideas?

buddababa
10-27-2010, 03:14 PM
it can be any city. i've traveled to 'any city' numerous times.

rs27
10-28-2010, 12:18 PM
You get a letter from the school allowing you to book a one way ticket that you should be able to show the authorities so that you don't have to book a return. I booked a one way from Toronto to St. Maarten to get to Saba and had no problems - they didn't even ask to see my letter actually.

Kewlwhip
10-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Yea, it doesn't have to be a round trip ticket that you book. Like rs27 said... you will get a letter that allows you to buy a 1 way ticket down here. I actually bought a round trip ticket because it was cheaper to do so and just checked the testing schedule and booked my flight for a date after we take our final exams. Either way will work, but if you don't want to book a round trip, you don't have to.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.