PDA

View Full Version : Ross University SVM Interview

ImNotThatGirl
10-18-2010, 08:38 PM
I recently submitted my application to Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, and according to their website, I should be expecting an interview invitation in 2-4 weeks! I was wondering if anyone here has had an interview with Ross SVM? What kinds of questions did they ask? Do you have any tips? Thanks!

willscarlett
10-26-2010, 11:22 PM
I interviewed with Ross in June, having applied for September 2010 and was admitted for the January 2011 class. I ended up attending SGU for the August 2010 entering class.

In terms of the Ross interview, don't sweat it. The person who interviewed me was a female who appeared to be in her mid to late 20's and was very friendly. The interview was more like having a conversation with a friend. As for specific questions that were asked, of course they ask you "Why Ross?" Other than that tho, they'll go over your transcripts, past schools, work history, interests, your GRE scores. I remember they asked me if I studied for the GRE or just winged it, and I did just wing it, but got a good score. If you have a unique background they'll ask about that - maybe you weren't a science student in undergrad, but now are applying to vet school. They want to see that despite not studying science, you still have the skills to handle the DVM curriculum.

They're looking to see that you'll be able to handle life in the Caribbean too, so they'll ask how different experiences have prepared you for life so far away from home. I haven't been to St. Kitts, but I hear it's not the best island for living on. Regardless of whether it is or isn't and regardless of how nice it it or isn't here in Grenada, do be prepared for life away from home. Eventually, the novelty of being on the island does wear off. At least for me, it's been pretty difficult being so far away from home, where your support system is. It takes about a semester to fully adjust to island life. As such, myself and others in my entering class have been down in psychological services. Just don't rush the decision to study on the island if you're not ready for it.

They didn't ask any ethical or questions or questions to see if you're up to date on different veterinary issues. They do ask if you have any questions for them, so think of one or two.

That's all I can remember for now, but let me know if you have any more questions!

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.