PDA

View Full Version : Top 50 jobs

khiro
10-14-2010, 08:52 AM
i know that UHSADOC has really brought up the value of the PA for those wanting to change careers from DC; or as an alternative to DC school. i don't see where UHSADOC has that degree so he has never been one. so why does he advocate that being a PA is a good deal for most people?? could it be that he has personal experience with the PA field by having to work around them and just being astute with observation? experience means a lot.

i received my MONEY mag in the mail yesterday was there it was... the list. the following is their rank for jobs in the healthcare industry; "ranking based on growth prospects, pay for experienced workers, and overall job satisfaction."

#2...PA
#4...PT
#12..DENTIST
#13..CRNA
#19..OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
#25..ER PHYSICIAN
#27..DIRECTOR OF NURSING
#29..PSYCHIATRIST
#34..PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN
#36..HOSPITAL ADMIN

for what it is worth that is their list. chiropractic, podiatry, nor optometry were not on the list.

CARICOM-MED
10-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Yes, we hired few PAs, in the past few years, our practice revenue increased substantially as they can do pretty much ALL what avg MD can, for much cheaper. Avg PA income is 80-90K per year. but they generate over 200K each in revenue.....Hence, I highly recommend that profession,

Cheers,

i know that UHSADOC has really brought up the value of the PA for those wanting to change careers from DC; or as an alternative to DC school. i don't see where UHSADOC has that degree so he has never been one. so why does he advocate that being a PA is a good deal for most people?? could it be that he has personal experience with the PA field by having to work around them and just being astute with observation? experience means a lot.

i received my MONEY mag in the mail yesterday was there it was... the list. the following is their rank for jobs in the healthcare industry; "ranking based on growth prospects, pay for experienced workers, and overall job satisfaction."

#2...PA
#4...PT
#12..DENTIST
#13..CRNA
#19..OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
#25..ER PHYSICIAN
#27..DIRECTOR OF NURSING
#29..PSYCHIATRIST
#34..PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN
#36..HOSPITAL ADMIN

for what it is worth that is their list. chiropractic, podiatry, nor optometry were not on the list.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.